Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Janhavi HajareYour feedback matters!
My front 4 teeth of upper jaw are slanted upwards. I can't smile freely. It's very embarrassing. I also want to have good smile like others. But I don't want to use braces to correct it. Please suggest me any other alternative to get rid from it.
I've dental problem. I don't why are they decading I smoke now. But it was just after it's before. I've lost one of my tooth from it's root and now it's paining a lot. What shall I do please recommend me i'm looking for treatment.
Hi Sometimes I get continuous burps. And many a times I feel burning sensation on my tongue and lips and inside mouth but after taking mucaine gel. Get immediate relief.
You may need RCT if you have:
1. Throbbing Pain which increases particularly after lying down.
2. Pain when eating/chewing from concerned tooth
3. Extreme Sensitivity to Hot /cold food.
4. Deep cavity which has been ignored for a long time
5. Injury to the face/ jaw in accident cases
6. Colour change/ darkening of the tooth
7. Pus discharge / swelling in the nearby gum region.
I had a minor accident due to which my two upper front teeth cusp broken. So what should be best for my teeth.
Bad breath, also known as halitosis medically, is a much bigger problem than just being a cause for social embarrassment. It could be a symptom of an underlying disorder in your body which when corrected, will result in bad breath being resolved as well. However, in most cases, halitosis or bad breath occurs due to gum and teeth problems or due to life style habits such as a bad diet. Ayurveda has cure for both the problems and offers specialized treatment as well as home remedies.
Some general tips to fight bad breath
Bad breath may occur due to a combination of bad diet or digestive problems as well as oral hygiene issues. Some of the common things to follow, which will reduce your bad breath, especially concerning oral hygiene, are mentioned below
1. Rinse your mouth thoroughly after every meal as it helps clean food particles which may contribute to bad breath
2. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Dryness of the mouth can often cause bad breath
3. Brush your teeth, preferably at least twice daily and clean your tongue every time you brush your teeth
4. Avoid alcohol, smoking and excessive consumption of caffeine products
5. Use natural breath fresheners such as mint leaves and parsley
6. Don’t use breath mints, mouth fresheners or mouthwashes which have alcohol in them as they may further dry up your mouth, causing bad breath
7. Try and include more of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet as these will keep you hydrated and supply you with the necessary nutrients to keep your digestive system functional and thus reduce bad breath.
Ayurveda for bad breath
Some of the home remedies as well as specialized Ayurvedic medications that can effectively combat bad breath are mentioned below. However, if you have a persistent problem, it is best to consult with an Ayurvedic practitioner who can help you with tailor made combinations specifically suited to your problem.
- Fenugreek or ‘methi’ and tea leaves: Methi is known to have many medicinal properties in Ayurveda. Boil methi leaves into a cup of tea and drink it once a day to see quick and lasting results.
- Cardamom seeds: This is a quick and effective remedy for bad breath, especially for social occasions. Chew on a few cardamom seeds after a smelly meal and it can definitely take care of your bad breath temporarily.
- Honey ginger and lemon combo: If your body has more ‘Kapha’ based symptoms, then this is a very good remedy. Mix equal amounts of honey with ginger juice and lemon juice and use that concoction to slowly gargle your mouth and then rinse.
- Some specialized medications: Certain special medications may be prescribed by your Ayurveda practitioner such as:
- Kushtha, Nagarmotha, Cardamom, and licorice mixtures
- Dashan Sanskar Churna which is a specially formulated charcoal powder meant for brushing
- Special mixtures made from ingredients such as Manjishtha, Clove, Khadir, Cardamom, Betel nut, Black Pepper, Mayaphal, Kulinjan, Cumin seeds, Vidang, Bakul, and Camphor among others; either in the form of edible medication or in the form of mouthwashes.
I am 23 female I have braces before now I have a string like brace inside of the teeth. That string got broken when I byte coconut. Its irritating me a lot when i am talking its getting to my tongue and i am getting blood from the tongue. Is there any solution for my problem?
I have broken one tooth in the very front. So how to fill the gap. Which is the best way to fill that gap? Thanks
I am 15 and please when I was 10 years I fell down and I broke a tooth not full but please a piece of part broke in my tooth please and I went to doctors and I x-rayed and I found no problem and now recently I have noticed when I see my broken tooth in mirror from a distance please it looks little black and I have tried in please many mirrors. But this black color dose' t shown in human eye. First before noticing this problem I had no issue but once I saw it I feel some please sensation it
A lot of people love to use tooth picks in order to clear out food stuck in their teeth after meals.Some people even consider to do it as a habit that they will use it, even if they no longer have to. These people do not know that there are possible hazards to using it. In order to convince them to avoid using tooth picks, here are 5 reasons why it is bad for oral health.
It can be a source of oral infections. In fact, it could also be a reason for a person to acquire more severe oral discomforts such as mouth cancer. Keep in mind that tooth picks are never sterile as they are only be stored on tables and closets kept inside their boxes or cases. It would never be ideal to put such thing inside your mouth for health reasons.
Constant tooth picking can break the enamel of your teeth. The enamel which is a hard yet thin layer covering the crown of a tooth is a vital tissue as it serves as the main protection or coat of the tooth. Due to its thinness, it can easily break this tissue given that tooth picks are made up of hard substance. Once the user applies pressure on the tooth, the enamel will easily break off of it. Just imagine all of the damage your teeth enamel has taken so far if you are using it three times a day.
It can be damaging to the gums. Whenever a person is using tooth picks, it is inevitable for them to sometimes hit their gums with it. Worse is when they apply too much pressure and they would accidentally have their gums wounded. If you have wounded or damaged gums, the chances of being able to acquire diseases would be higher most especially if the gums become infected. This is why most dentists advise their patients and clients to use dental flossers instead as they are proven to be more safe
I am afraid I'm going to die when I get my wisdom teeth out Monday. October 19th 2015. I can't calm myself, help?
Hi I m 34 years old male. I ve gum problem from last 5 years. Bleeding n bad smelling in morning after awake also food chewing after kindly suggested.
What causes tooth decay?
Bacteria and food can cause tooth decay. A clear, sticky substance called plaque is always forming on your teeth and gums. Plaque contains bacteria that feed on the sugars in the food you eat.
As the bacteria feed, they make acids. The acids attack the teeth for 20 minutes or more after you eat. Over time, these acids destroy tooth enamel, causing tooth decay.
Things that make you more likely to have tooth decay include:
- Not brushing and flossing your teeth regularly and not seeing a dentist for checkups and cleanings.
- Eating foods that are high in sugar and other carbohydrates, which feed the bacteria in your mouth.
- Not getting enough fluoride. Fluoride helps prevent tooth decay by making teeth more resistant to acids produced by plaque.
- Not having enough saliva. Saliva washes away food and harmful sugars, so it helps protect your teeth from decay. A dry mouth may be caused by a condition such as xerostomia or sjögren's syndrome, by taking certain medicines, or by breathing through your mouth. Older adults are more likely to have a dry mouth.
- Having diabetes.
- Chewing tobacco.