Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Jamal AnsariYour feedback matters!
Post preganancy I am overwieght with10 kgs. I had c-sec and now its going to be an year. I am also having vit d deficiency due to which I have pains in the knee and feet. Please help me loosing weight.
I am 68 years of age with normal health otherwise. Wt 65 Kgs Ht. 5'2" I have lumber pain due to" Cervical spondylosis with posterior bulge of C5-C6 disc indenting the thecal sac and nerve roots" How to go about ; and what is the remedy for sustaining the pain?
Today ‘working’ usually implies sitting at a desk from morning to evening. While this may seem more comfortable than working in the fields, sitting at a desk can trigger a host of back problems. This is because sitting in the same position all day makes the spine bend forward and lowers the efficiency of the back muscles. Working at a desk not only strains your back, but also restricts your movements to typing on a keyboard and moving a mouse.
Once a back problem begins, it usually lasts a lifetime hence; here are a few tips to save your back.
- Get yourself a good chair: Your chair is crucial to your back’s health. Avoid the hard backed plastic chairs and pick a more flexible mesh backed office chair if you sit at the table for a long span of time. Ergonomic chairs may seem expensive, but are worth the expense in the long run.
- Stretch your muscles: Sitting in the same position all day, puts the muscles under stress and with time can constrict the muscles. Make it appoint to stand up every 30 minutes and stretch your back and sides. Also try rotating your hips and shoulders form time to time.
- Take a break: No matter how much work you have in front of you, take a break at the end of each hour. Taking even 2 minutes off out of 60 every hour can have a huge impact on your health. If you still feel guilty skip using the phone to connect with your colleague and walk over to their desks instead.
- Get a pedometer: Keeping a pedometer will help you track the number of steps taken in a day. Ideally, a person should take 10,000 steps a day to stay healthy. If you sit at a desk for majority of the day, take every opportunity you can to up the count on your pedometer. Go for a walk around your office after lunch or park your car a little way off from the office to create opportunities to walk.
- Take the stairs: As far as possible avoid escalators and elevators. Instead climb stairs for a quick workout. If your office is on the 20th floor, walking up may not be feasible, but you could get off the elevator on the 18th floor and walk up the remaining two floors.
- Eat healthy: Lastly, pay attention to what you eat. Avoid eating at the office canteen or picking up a bite at the coffee shop and carry lunch from home. This ensures that you eat a balanced meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
My mother Tara Verma is 59 years old. She previously had problem of low BP. But one day in a routine check up we found that she had high BP. We instantly consulted the doctor. Doctor prescribed her coversyl, telmisartan like medicines. She started having it. After some months we decided to switch to ayurveda. She started having Patanjali Mukta Vati, Medha Vati and Famyfot Capsules as prescribed by the Patanjali Doctor. Actually recently I lost my father, her husband. She is feeling a little weakness also. On walking a small distance there is muscular pain in the thighs. She remains very dull and tensed nowadays. Please prescribe something which helps.
My duty at side and after reaching home. I feel pain at backside such as wrist. so what is the solution?
I am so tired. I sleep well at night although I want more sleep I can't get up to the bed at all my body is very pain soon I get very tired. I am working sit in 8 hours in office I have the back pain severely I can't walk with long time this problem having 1 month give a medicine doctor.
Top 6 acupressure points for treating neck and shoulder pain: moving a little down from the head is the neck, a very important body part indeed, although the head is the site of the brain, but it is the neck that has the power to turn it whichever way it wants. But with modern day technology and computer-centric lifestyle we are more often plagued with pains and discomfort in the neck and shoulder region which is often the cause of throbbing headaches as well. All the points situated in the head and neck regions are yang points, with excessive energy flow through them and reflexology can be used effectively in providing permanent relief to discomfort and nasty pains in these regions.
Causes of neck and shoulder pain: the causes of neck and shoulder pain and stiffness are many and can range from silly reasons like sleeping in a wrong posture to serious ones like arthritis and meningitis which can leave us with a sore and painful neck for several days.
Some of the common causes of neck pain are:
Poor sitting posture
Poor sleeping posture
In all these cases it is usual to feel discomfit to numbing pains in the neck and shoulder region which is easily cured with simple exercises within a few days. But in some cases, the neck pain can be persistent, for several days or weeks with a stiffness that can spread to shoulders, back and even lead to headache.
Some serious causes of neck and shoulder pain include:
Meningitis: inflammation of meninges around the brain
Arthritis: cervical spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis
Such cases call for immediate medical attention by professionals.
Acupressure to soothe neck and shoulder pains:
Neck and shoulder pains can be quite menacing and hinder our day to day activities, but instead of restoring to temporary solutions like pain killers use reflexology to heal the ailment from within and move towards overall wellness and complete harmony between mind and body.
Acupressure is a complete healing therapy that is rooted in ancient eastern healing arts which help in curing the mid and irritating as well as the all-consuming throbbing pains that have become a part of modern life. It helps in relieving stress and bringing back balance in our life. These 6 simple acupressure points can be stimulated on your own or a therapeutic acupressure session can be given to a loved one in order to relieve pain and stiffness in the neck and shoulder.
Shoulder well: this point is located on the shoulder muscle, halfway between the base of the neck and the end of the shoulder muscle. Stimulating this point helps in relieving stiffness of neck and shoulder. It also helps in relieving back pain.
Completion bone: this point is located on the occipital ridge, in the depression behind the ear in the SCM muscle. Stimulating this point helps in relieving headache, neck pain and dizziness.
Heaven's pillar: this point is located on the occipital ridge, just at the side of where the spine enters the skull in the tendon. Stimulating this point helps in relieving neck pains, numbness, and stiffness of the neck. Stimulating this region also helps in relieving chronic cough.