Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Jalan S ShahYour feedback matters!
I had an unprotected intercourse 4 days back so now I did not take any pills yet so how should I stop the pregnancy.
Mujhe is baar periods ni hue lekin brown colour ka kuch discharge hota h kabhi kabhi or pet bhi fulta ja raha hai.
Pregnancy is an ideal time to start taking really good care of yourself, both physically and emotionally. If you follow the few simple guidelines below, you should give yourself the best chance of having a problem free pregnancy and a healthy baby.Healthy and fit baby is all what mother demands so here are the tips for a healthy pregnancy.
- See your doctor or midwife as soon as possible: As soon as you find out you're pregnant, get in touch with your GP or a midwife to organise your antenatal care.
- Eat well: Aim to eat a healthy, balanced diet whenever you can. Try to have, at least five portions of fruit and vegetables daily. Plenty of carbohydrates, such as roti and rice, as the basis of your meals. Choose wholegrain carbohydrates rather than white, so you get plenty of fibre. Daily servings of protein, such as fish, lean meat, eggs, nuts or pulses, and some milk and dairy foods. Two portions of fish a week, at least one of which should be oily.
- Take a supplement: Pregnancy vitamin supplements aren't a substitute for a balanced diet. But they can help if you're worried you're not eating well, or you're too sick to eat much.
- Be careful about food hygiene: There are some foods that are not safe to eat in pregnancy. This is because they can carry a health risk for your baby. It is always recommended to avoid foods such as raw papaya and raw pineapple during pregnancy as cause pregnancy or birth complications. It can even lead to miscarriage. Avoid eating outside food.
- Exercise regularly: Good exercise choices for pregnancy include, brisk walking, swimming, antenatal classes, yoga, pilates, etc. One should do exercise which she is used to doing regularly when not pregnant and should avoid starting any new exercise during pregnancy without supervision.
- Begin doing pelvic floor exercises: Your pelvic floor comprises a hammock of muscles at the base of your pelvis. These muscles support your bladder, vagina and back passage. They can feel weaker than usual in pregnancy because of the extra pressure upon them. Pregnancy hormones can also cause your pelvic floor to slacken slightly.
- Cut out alcohol: Any alcohol you drink rapidly reaches your baby via your bloodstream and placenta. There is no way to know for sure how much alcohol is safe during pregnancy. That's why many experts advise you to cut out alcohol completely while you're expecting.
- Cut back on caffeine: Coffee, tea, cola and energy drinks are mild stimulants. There are concerns that too much caffeine may increase your risk of miscarriage. It's also thought possible that too much caffeine may contribute to your risk of having a low birth weight baby.
- Stop smoking: Smoking during pregnancy can cause serious health problems, for you and your baby. These risks include an increased risk of, miscarriage, premature birth, low birth weight.
- Get some rest: The fatigue you feel in the first few months is due to high levels of pregnancy hormones circulating in your body. Later on, it's your body's way of telling you to slow down.To wind down ready for bed, try relaxation techniques, which are safe in pregnancy, such as yoga, stretching, deep breathing, visualisation, massage.
What will happen if you don't follow these tips?
- Insufficient Growth
- Neurological Disorders
- Low Birth Weight
- Body Weakness
- Fetus and Infant Death
We had unprotected sex on 12th day of my period and started to feel nausea, dizziness and headache from 3rd day after intercourse. Does that mean I am pregnant. How can I confirm.
Dear Doctor, I am 30 years old unmarried girl, doctor advised me do mammogram of both breasts as it was discharging fluid for some time, report is as follows- Few mammary ductules near nipple dilated and measured 2.3 mm in diameter. Axillary lymphadenopathy seen Breast mass at right breast is identified and measured 0.6 cm Breast Microcyst are identified in both breasts. Secretory tissues of both breasts in all quadrant appears normal and comparable to each other Fat lobules well formed and appears normal. No focal lesion seen Rectoareolar region appears normal No abnormal collection or calcification Underlying muscles and ribs appears normal No dilated ductiles are seen impression- Few dilated mammary ductiles seen in both breast. Secretory tissue and fatty tissues of both breast appears normal and comparable. Breast mass at right breast is identified and measured 0.6 cm Underlying muscles appears normal. Axillary lymphadenopathy seen. please advise.
I suffer with a ceviour stomach pain at the time of periods from last one year could you give any aid or remedy for my problem?
I am 25 years old unmarried having problem with monthly menstruation. It lasts only for 2-3 days. What should I do?
I have suffering from a periods problem. My periods are not regularly. My periods come in 6 month gap.
Hi doctor I have nausea vomiting and tired dizziness all of pregnancy symptoms but test result negative .What may be the problem please say.
Kidney failure is happening even to 20-year-old Indians now! 4 Reasons why.
Usually more common in the elderly as a consequence of the chronic kidney disease, kidney failure is now increasingly becoming common amongst 20-somethings in the country.
Mainly because of their unhealthy lifestyle habits, they are falling prey to a disease that normally strikes later on in life.
Kidney failure, also known as renal failure, occurs when the kidneys stop functioning properly, that is, they are unable to filter out waste and toxins efficiently from the body. It is the most severe stage of chronic kidney disease. To ensure that toxins don't build up in the body, treatment usually involves dialysis (process for removing excess fluid and waste from the blood) or kidney transplant, among others. It is said that about 1 million people all over the world are on dialysis or are surviving on transplanted kidneys. The condition is permanent and can occur either very suddenly or slowly over time.
These frightening habits of the young are leading to the rise of the incidence of renal failure:
1. A sedentary lifestyle - A research conducted by the University of Utah School of Medicine suggests that if you spend 80 minutes a day sitting, you see a 20% increase in the risk of developing chronic kidney disease and, in turn, renal failure.Sedentary behaviour can also increase your risk of diabetes, hypertension as well as obesity (causes of chronic kidney disease).India is said to have about 60% of patients who suffer from hypertension and diabetes also suffer from kidney problem.
2. Poor eating habits - Studies suggest that the right diet consisting of fruits legumes, nuts, and whole grains can help in preventing kidney disease.On the other hand, a diet that is high in processed meats; salt and sugar can worsen the vicious cycle of high blood pressure, high blood sugar, and kidney disease. Furthermore, a BMI of over 30 can increase your risk of developing common kidney ailments by two-fold. With the proliferation of fast food outlets and junk food due to lack of time, Indians are increasingly now at a risk.
3. Smoking - Smoking brings about a decrease in blood flow to the kidneys, rendering the organs inefficient. When you smoke, the arteries of your body harden and the blood vessels become narrow, leading to a worsening of conditions like high blood pressure. A study by the John Hopkins University says that smoking can increase your chances of developing kidney disease by about 60%. Many young Indians view smoking as fashionable and some even take it up to 'look cool', to beat stress or just to blend in with their peers.
4. Drinking alcohol - Excessive alcohol consumption can bring about significant changes to the way your kidneys may function. Your kidneys end up becoming less efficient at removing alcohol from the blood due to regular drinking. Additionally, more than 2 drinks a day has been found to significantly increase your risk of high blood pressure, a common cause of kidney disease.
Related Tip: 4 Types of Kidney Stones and Their Common Symptoms
Your suggestion was helpful. But please explain that on which particular days i.e. Before or after periods having sex is safe and a woman do not get pregnant.
Doctor I am getting married very soon Me n my fiance do not want baby before 3 to 4 yrs Can we go through copper T Or protections like condom n pills I am afraid if by chance my wife gets pregnant after using protection too If dere kind of pills which can b took on regular basis after intercourse Which n lower the risk of pregnancy.
Malaria is transmitted by the bite of a female anopheles mosquito.
The malaria mosquito bites mainly between dusk and dawn. While, the dengue mosquito bites during the day.
Malaria can also be transmitted by blood transfusion by sharing of contaminated needles.
Bed nets are good against malaria as major malarial vectors bite during the night.
The behavior of mosquitoes may differ. Some may prefer to rest indoors and feed indoors in the night. Some may prefer to rest and feed outdoors earlier in the day.
Preventive therapy of malaria can be instituted in pregnancy in high risk areas.
The malarial mosquito feeds every third day compared to dengue mosquito, which feeds three times a day.
Malarial fever presents with chills, especially during afternoon.
Spraying of the indoor residential walls and ceiling is effective against mosquitoes.
Ddt is widely used as indoor residential spraying.
Ddt should not be applied more than once or twice early in the walls.
Mosquito contact with ddt surface would generally save from lethal exposure outside the house.
Public must know that spray may require furniture rearrangement. Walls may become streaked with chemical treatment and residual odor from ddt.
The other alternative is malathion spray.
I m 29years female and m pregnant from 1 month I want to abort my baby. Is abortion with pills are safe or what should I do.
My Friend, she has some swelling in her uterus and she has got this information after she did one test 2 years back she gets heavy bleeding in her periods and she is hardly able to walk when she is in periods. She tells me that she experience unbearable pain in her vagina. Pls can you suggest me any medication and how can this be cured. Thanks.
Fitness info - Newer ways to fitness
Fitness buffs are finding ways to perk up their workouts. And it doesn't have to be as boring with fads like clubbercise crawling and paddling the workouts to 90s classics and charts hits in a dark room with glowsticks
Crawling: It can burn upto 1000 calories an hour. It is on own body weight as lot of versions army crab walk inch worm that tone different muscle groups.
Clubbing: Clubbercise is perfect for old ravers. Dance workouts with all the fun of a night out without a hangover the next day and can burn 500 calories in an hour.
Back to school: Rabble is an hour of school games like hopscotch reworked for grownups for newer generations. And it can burn upto 1000 calories in a session.
Paddleboard: No one can forget the picture of naked orlando bloom on paddleboard last summer, but no need to strip off for this fitness craze which tones every muscle in the body and burn 400 calories per hour.
Get wet: Water workouts are set to make a big splash. Aqua aerobics is a circuit training classes in the pool with timed sprints lengths that isolate top or bottom half and planks at the poolside and expects to burn 500 calories per session
Sirs I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend. I haven't ejaculated any sperms but she was feared of getting pregnant. We had sex on Jan 4 its been three months. She has periods these three months. Is there any chance for pregnancy?
Giving birth to a child is the most profound form of joy felt by a woman. After getting pregnant, one should discuss with her gynecologist what form of surgery they should go in for. Women have been delivering babies by normal childbirth without any complications since the old times. However, complications might arise if you don't take proper care of your body before the date of delivery. You should be careful and alert at all times so that there are no detrimental effects to you and your child.
Certain tips and guidelines should be followed so that you and your child are safe and secure during a normal delivery:
- Diet: As soon as you know you are pregnant, you should take care of your diet. Avoid junk food and street food. Stick to a nutritious diet, which contains vegetables, fruits and whole grains. Iron and calcium rich food items should also be consumed for the healthy development of your fetus.
- Active lifestyle: Try to exercise daily. Include light permissible yoga and also light walks during your pregnancy. You can also join a yoga fitness class for expecting mothers. This can make your body flexible and ready for a normal delivery.
- Water: Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day to keep yourself hydrated during your pregnancy.
- Stress: Pregnancy can be extremely stressful. This can take a toll on your body and also on your unborn child's health. Also too much stress can make labor a difficult experience, as the pelvic muscles might not expand for the baby to pass through.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption: Tobacco is very harmful and might lead to birth defects in your child. Alcohol also acts as a poison. Intake of these substances should be avoided completely.
- Prenatal class: Joining a prenatal class can be very helpful because you get to learn about giving birth and the things, which your body will be required to do during labor. This can come handy during the delivery.
- Breathing exercise: During labor it is possible that you can experience shortness of breath. Practicing breathing exercises will help you prepare for a normal delivery.
These tips should be known by every expectant mother so that the strenuous process of a normal delivery is eased out.