Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Jain LalitaYour feedback matters!
What are the symptoms of typhoid? And what medicine we have to take if we can detect typhoid in 1st stage?
Is there any correlation between lactation and formation of tight hard stools? Because it's being 4 months after my delivery but m having this problem still there. I have gone through cs delivery. Please guide for solution. It's so much painful and m having fear of developing piles.
Dear sir My name is rakesh mehras. My problem in my nose. When I go in sun that after time coming blood from my nose. please tell me best solution Thanks.
Hello I am suffering the problem with pcod. Can you suggest how to handle it or permanently how to stop it.
Skin on my hips and inner thighs has turned blackish and it is very much itching and irritating. Any solution?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last two weeks and I have a chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
Sir, my height is 5.6 and my weight is 75kg, I am a teatottler and I had a doubt in increasing my penis Size (1 inch normally) and 2.75 inches (erection) how can I increase my size of the penis.
I am not able to concentrate in class. I feel bit sleepy and tired all the time. Is there anyway I can solve this problem? Without much of expenses? please help me.
Sir I am Suffering from premature ejaculation and also my penis size is small what is remedy kindly give some suggestion thanks.
I have old digestion problem, I used to take dulcolax, but now I occasionally take medicines, my problem is that my feces stink too much, as experience by me and others. By searching online I came to know its related to intestine problem. What could be the problem, is there any medicine. I also above 50 years old. Thanks.
I had a general blood test to check if my lipids etc are in order. The report came back with very High Blood Glucose result. Fasting Blood Sugar was 226 and PP was 322. This test was followed by another BS test in a different lab to recheck the results. Fasting BS was 210 and PP was 344. HbA1C was 9.4%. My family physician advised that I should consult with a diabetologist about this. The diabetologist prescribed Galvus Met 50/850 and Diamicron XR 30 once a day for 1 week and then twice a day each after 1 week. After 18 days of this medication the doctor had asked for a recheck of BS, which was at 100 Fasting BS and 125 PP BS. Post the report, my diabetologist has advised that I continue the medication for another 3 weeks after which the BS test is to be done again. My query is : Are there any ayurvedic alternatives that I can safely take in order to slowly wean off allopathic medicine? Can my condition be reversed with proper diet, exercise, ayurveda?
Hi My sister 58 last three month please water from nose countinue day and night. Dr. Says only surgary by indo scopy cost 2 lakh water leakage from brain
I have a problem with my ear, it's swelling and paining from 2 days. I don't know the reason. What I have to do?
I did sex vth unknown person after 3months 15 days I have tested elisa. Now I can be happy with ou tensions. It is negative.
In healthy individuals, the liver contains little or no fat. In overweight or obese people, gradual fat accumulation leads to significant liver disease. Interestingly, these individuals may be consuming minimal to no alcohol. So, alcohol, which is the main cause for liver damage, does not have a significant role to play.
The non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) has 4 significant stages as outlined below. It is a chronically progressive disease and may take years to reach the final stages of cirrhosis and fibrosis.
1. Simple fatty liver (steatosis): This is usually identified when diagnostic tests are done for some other suspected conditions. There are usually no symptoms obvious in this stage, other than the buildup of fat in the liver.
2. Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH): The second stage where the liver is inflamed to a greater extent due to fat accumulation.
3. Fibrosis: The next degree of inflammation where blood vessels may be narrowed leading to scarring in the liver with impaired liver functions.
4. Cirrhosis: This is the most severe stage that occurs due to years of cumulative inflammation. The liver shrinks in size, is scarred, and liver functions are markedly impaired and can also result in liver cancer.
Risk factors for NAFLD: The exact reason why a person develops NAFLD is not established, but some of the risk factors include
1. Obesity, with more weight concentrated around the abdomen
4. High cholesterol levels
5. Age greater than 50
Symptoms: This will depend on the stage in which it is identified. While there are no symptoms in the early stages, in some people there could be a dull, aching below the ribs, unexplained weight loss, weakness, and extreme tiredness. As it progresses to cirrhosis, there could be jaundice, fluid accumulation in the abdomen and feet, and itching of the skin.
Management: While there is no treatment aimed at curing the disease per se, there are ways to manage the symptoms, as noted below.
1. Weight loss: Reducing excess accumulated fat will help reverse symptoms and prevent further progression of the disease. A BMI of 18 to 26 is considered optimal.
2. Dietary changes: Modify your diet to a carbohydrates and protein rich and reduced fats and sugars. Increasing fiber through fruits and vegetables is highly recommended.
3. Exercise: Whatever your choice of workout, it will do wonders for NAFLD. Keep a target of an hour or two of moderate to intense exercise per day to reduce weight.
4. Smoking: This is another risk factor and can also help prevent other effects of NAFLD such as diabetes and heart disease.
NAFLD is highly controllable with these changes and other damages can be reversed too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.
The ear is made up of three parts that is outer, middle and the inner part. Infections, disorders and ailments in the ear can occur across all age groups and in any part of the ear. Ear ailments are more common in children than in adults as the Eustachian tubes (tubes which drain out ear fluid) are smaller in children.
Here are a few common ailments which occur in children:
- Acute otitis media: AOM is the most common ear infection in children. Some parts of the middle ear are infected, resulting in swelling and blockage of fluid behind the eardrum. This condition is characterised by earache in children and in graver conditions, can also cause fever.
- Otitis media with effusion: This condition usually occurs due to the infestation of an infection when the fluid gets restricted behind the ear drum. This condition doesn’t exhibit too many symptoms except mild earache. You should consult an ENT specialist who can diagnose this condition by checking the concentration of fluid behind the eardrum using special instruments.
- Chronic otitis media with effusion: This condition occurs in children when the fluid remains trapped behind the eardrum for a long period of time. It can lead to serious infection and can cause hearing problem in children.
- Barotrauma: Barotrauma occurs due to changes in atmospheric pressure changes. It can cause problems in the Eustachian tube and causes trapping of air in the middle ear. Middle ear problems can become severe if left untreated and result in a burst in the eardrum, causing excessive bleeding.
- Meniere's disease: This is a disorder, which comes in bouts and is characterised by vertigo and fluctuating hearing loss. This condition usually affects one ear. It can result in tinnitus (ringing in the ear) or permanent loss of hearing if left untreated.
- Swimmer’s ear: Swimmer’s ear, also known as otitis externa, is a common condition which is caused in the outer area of the ear. This condition is caused due to remnants of chlorine water in the ear or because of inserting swabs too deep inside the canal. This condition is characterised by earache, discomfort and itching of the ear.