Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Jai LalwaniYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old. I have pain in my back teeth. I had done rct on this teeth 2 months before. But pain back after 2 months. What can I do.
I am a 30 year old guy. I had cut my inner portion of my lips. This caused an ulcer and blister kind of thing. It has swollen like a small bump with fluid inside. It has been more than a month still not dried and healed. I showed a physician but to no avail. I am not sure which department to visit. Is it a general physician or dentist ?
Hi, My kid is 2.5 years old and suffering from mouth ulcer from 2 days. He didn't eat anything, from 2 days. Just feeding liquid juice, What should I do? Kindly suggest medicine or cream for immediate effect. Thanks in advance Doctor!
My son is 5 years of age he had a toothache painful with cavity should the dentist remove the tooth? Or else stay it as it is?
I underwent 4 sittings of rct but still it is not cleaned properly and its paining while cleaning. My age 35 yrs. Tooth: premolar right side. Kindly suggest what to do ?
I am 15 years old. I brush twice a day, but my teeth are not white. On the front teeth, there are white layers. Please help.
My teeth's are not white I tried many types of toothpaste but their was no effect on teeth's they were still yellow advise me how I will make my teeth white?
I am 19 year old I am unable to open my mouth completely may be it's tmj disorder because I never take tambakoo and pan masala please tell me right Dr. For solution of my problem and give some advice because it's very painful.
I have to make my one teeth straight which is exactly to the left of two front teeth. It looks weird any help for this. Any natural treatment without going to dentist.
I am Mamatha, 30 years. My tongue will have totally white in color. I clean it with tongue cleaner, but still the problem is there. So please tell me to clean my tongue. Please advise. With this white dirt, I get smell in the mouth.
How to make teeth whiter? My teeth are in yellow shade. It make me feel embarrassed sometimes. Please suggest something to make them whiter.
I am 34 male with 31 teeth. There is a gap in my upper section of teeth. Occurs due to brushing. How can makeup this gap .is scaling harmful for teeth as I have black rocky substance in my teeth. How to remove it? Regards.
What is the solution for sensitivity in teeth? whenever I eat or drink something cold, I feel something like vibrations in my teeth! what could be the reason? and what is the solution for this?
How to remove plaque from the teeth? I am facing lot of gum related problems, and it really sometime pains a lot.
Noticed unpainful red bumps at the back of my tongue. Like big enough to be visible and around 5 in number. Anything serious?
I broke my tooth. It is cracked but it's still attached to my gums. It hurts a lot. Can someone recommend me a dental hospital in my city?
Losing a tooth to infection (decay) or trauma can be a painful experience. Imagine that you are in a dental chair and just got a new tooth or a bridge fitted. It is a joyous experience, almost like a new found lease of life, to be able to eat better and look better. However, even after a few days to a week, you realize that the new crown is just not settling down completely. There is a constant sensitivity that exists and is not allowing you to enjoy the new tooth.
There are various reasons that the new crown can be sensitive, some of them including:
- A high point: On the new crown, there could be small points that do not allow for a bite as earlier. This can lead to sensitivity and minor jaw discomfort.
- Improper fit with exposed dentin: This can happen at the neck area, where the crown is not fitting the tooth, leaving a small part of dentin exposed. This can lead to sensitivity once the crown is fixed in.
- Other decayed teeth: If there is a decayed tooth adjacent to the crown, it could be confusing and sometimes difficult to pinpoint the exact area.
If it persists for more than a week, check with your dentist on the following:
- Severity of decay: The extent of decay in the first place should be considered, especially if you have had crown as a result of extensive tooth decay. If it was involving a large portion of the dentin, the changes of having sensitivity are high, even after a crown placement. In these cases, there could be silent abscess, which may never manifest as symptoms, but can cause a gnawing sensitivity issue with each bite.
- Area of decay: Root caries and cervical caries are more prone to have sensitivity compared to the crown of the tooth. The enamel layer in these areas is thin and the chances of dentinal involvement is high. The rate at which the decay will reach the pulp and cause pain is also higher.
- Type of dental treatment: If extensive metal work is done, the sensitivity might last longer than a week, which is the norm.
- Triggering factors: Make a note of what triggers the sensitivity, hot, cold or sweets.
- Management: As mentioned, expect the sensitivity with your new crown to last for up to a week. In some cases, it may be longer, depending on, as noted above, the severity of the original decay, the area, triggers, etc.
While some cases may be managed with a small trim of the crown, some may need the crown to be re-fitted, and some may even require re-treating the tooth completely.