Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jagruti SanghviYour feedback matters!
I am 7 th pregnant and my baby weight is 977 grams is it sufficient to baby or should I improve the baby weight.
I have a 3 month old baby he has a cough I tried many medicine but no result every night he awake and cry.
My daughter is suffering from chronic cold continuously for past 4 years. Tried every type of medication ie allopathy, homeopathy, ayurveda, but nothing worked. She is 11 years old and is now frustrated with this. Pl help.
My grand daughter is 5 years old and have problem and don't respond sometimes to questions. Could it be due to complications during delivery. Kindly clarify.
I have a 4.5 month old baby and my milk supply has dropped down as I feed him with formula milk. I want to breastfeed him again but he refuses to respond due to low milk supply. Please suggest how can I get more milk so that he breastfeeds again.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My child is 14 months old, we are living in Banglore, he is frequently down with cough, cold & fever. Starts vomiting & some times loose motions Doctors say it is throat congestion chest is clear
My son was born and in his right leg one bone has not developed fibula bone and his right feet is little turn and has four finger in it.
Hi doc, my baby is 3 and half month old. From last 3 days she is having dark green colour poo, only once in a day. She is on formula milk, as I don't have sufficient milk for her. Little worried about her, please advice. Thanks.
My 7 months old daughter has upset stomach for last 5 days. Her motions are frequent, semi to loose, and have bad smell. Is it because of the things she keeps putting in her mouth (viz toys or anything she finds) or is it more because if the food she eats. I give her variety of foods churned in mixer grinder. And what medications should I give her? Will any home remedies help? Please suggest.
Dear Sir, My son have fever from last 3 days. We are giving him crocin at Regular interval of 3-4 hours. It works but only for 3-4 hours. Again and again fever coming and mostly it goes at high temperature (upto 103-104). Kindly consult.
My cousin sister is 8 years old, from last 7-8 months I have observing different changes in her behavior. She do not gell up with kids at school, apart from that, she have even started getting jealous with the others, if her parents give attention to some other child, though she is the only child. As per what I have observed, the jealousy or insecurity she faces is with the child of same gender (ex. If her parents gifts anything to any girl, she starts crying loud, or even if they talk to any other kid politely, even then there is a trouble.(i have not seen the same for the other sex). I am very much worried because few months back, it never happened & now this thing is at its pace.
My son is 5 years old, he has lost two teeth from lower side. Is the age is suitable for losing teeth and teeth of upper side is also loose. Can you please tell me how I can save his teeth from early loosing.
1. After 1st sitting is completed, temporary filling is given so be gentle in chewing from that side whithin that tooth as it is quite brittle.
2. You may eat when numbness worn off.(1.5-2 hrs)
3. After 1st sitting, you might face problem of ulceration, than you would be prescribed with reliving gel, apply it with cotton applicator tip.(you can use ear bud)
4. If your tooth was in pain prior to treatment, it may take few days for tooth to heal pain to be relived.
5. If your tooth was not in pain prior to treatment, your tooth may be quite sore for a few days after appointment, this soreness/pain will relieved with time, it may take as much as seven-ten days.
6. Take medicine on time complete the course, if you stop taking it your tooth may become infected.
Have you heard of a health condition in which there are insufficient red blood cells in your body for carrying sufficient oxygen to all parts of the body? This condition is called sickle cell anemia and it is an inherited form of anemia. Usually, the red blood cells in your body are round and flexible and move through the blood vessels easily. In case of sickle cell anemia, the red blood cells become sticky and rigid. They are shaped like crescent moon or sickle. Because of the irregular shape, these can get stuck in the blood vessels, which slows down the blood flow.
The only potential cure of sickle cell anemia is a bone marrow transplant. Other treatment measures focus on easing the symptoms and preventing further complications. The various treatment modes are as follows:
- Antibiotics: Children with sickle cell anemia can start taking antibiotic penicillin by the age of two months. This prevents infections like pneumonia. Even in the case of adults with sickle cell anemia, antibiotics help in fighting certain infections.
- Pain-relieving medications: Several over-the-counter pain relief medications may be prescribed by a doctor for reducing pain during a sickle cell crisis. Hydroxyurea is another type of medicine, which helps in reducing the frequency of pain.
- Vaccinations: Childhood vaccinations should be given for preventing the disease in children. These vaccinations are more important for children already affected with sickle cell anemia as they are more prone to infections. Vaccines such as the annual flu shot and the pneumococcal vaccine are important for adults suffering from sickle cell anemia.
- Blood transfusions: In case of a red blood transfusion, red blood cells are removed from a supply of blood that is donated. The donated cells are intravenously given to a sickle cell anemia patient. Blood transfusion increases the number of normal red blood cell count in circulation, giving relief to anemia. Regular blood transfusions are important for children with sickle cell anemia, who are highly prone to stroke.
- Stem cell transplant: A stem cell transplant or a bone marrow transplant involves the replacement of the bone marrow affected by sickle cell anemia with a healthy bone marrow given by a donor. This is a risky procedure and is only recommended for patients with sickle cell anemia at a chronic stage.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of sickle cell anemia. This is a dangerous health condition and requires proper diagnosis and treatment before it gets out of your hands.
Stomach aches and pains are common in babies, infants and parents are always in search of quick fixer to help their little ones get a relief instantly. Though instant reliefs do not come always, and there are colicky infants and babies with common stomach problems, yet some remedies and treatments always help.
Stomach pain in older kids:
The common home remedies in not so serious pains are as follows:
- Let the child rest and lie down. This may help to ease the pain in 20-30 minutes.
- Give the child some liquid to drink, which is soothing, like light tea, soup, water or diluted fruit juice.
- Let the child go to the toilet and encourage him or her to pass stool. This may help ease off the pain sooner.
- Avoid any bulk food intake in one meal and divide it into smaller meals through the day until symptoms go away.
- Don't give oily and fried food. Give easy to digest food, mostly boiled or light fried.
- Avoid giving a medicine without medical advice.
These steps generally help and the pain goes away without going to a doctor immediately. If the pain is severe and is persistent in any one part of the abdomen, then it may require immediate medical attention. Common causes may be appendicitis or gall stone problem or may be a case of acute jaundice, diarrhoea, food poison, etc. Pain on pressing one part of the belly, or high body temperature with pain, and serious vomiting are serious symptoms which you must not ignore and take the kid immediately to a medical centre or doctor.
Stomach pain in infants:
Stomach pains in infants are caused due to extra air entering the stomach while feeding. This can be avoided by burping the baby manually. There are a few burping techniques which your paediatrician and baby care giver will show you.
If you are with a colicky baby, then you would try administering the baby's nursing bottle first. There are new age nursing bottle designs, which keep off extra air from entering the stomach. The extra air mainly causes the stomach pain, and therefore, the bottle which prevents mixing of air with milk or water keeps the baby safe from colicky pains. Keep baby colic pain syrups at home ready, and give the baby a dose as and when required. It will eventually give the pain a relief.