Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JagruthiYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years girl and I am sexually active. I have not got my MC since more than a month. But when I had sex last time I got the MC in Feb month. As per ultrasound report I am not pregnant. Just because left ovary size got enlarged not got my MC. Please suggest. My HB 14.1 BMI 21.
Sir/Madam Today morning I do intercourse with my wife with out Condom and ejaculate the semen into her. Her period was from 1 August to 4 August. Please suggest me what do.
Sometimes my breasts pains sometimes its all ok. Is there anything to worry about. Is there any chance of breast cancer.
Periods of my gf delayed about 10 days .but now a very small bleeding .wht are the reason behind it .she is pregnant or not?
The ovaries are the egg producing organs, an essential part of the female reproductive system, they are responsible for the production of estrogen and release an egg every month. If the egg is fertilized with a sperm it can result in a pregnancy.
Ovarian cysts are quite common among women. Ovarian cysts are known to be small sacs filled with fluid that are situated in the ovaries.
Causes of ovarian cysts: Among ovarian cysts, the most common one is called the 'functional cyst'. This type of cyst is generally formed during the process of ovulation, wherein either the eggs do not successfully release from the sac or the sac (follicle) fails to disintegrate properly after the release of the egg.
Certain factors that can cause ovarian cysts are:
- Age that is ovarian cysts are more likely to occur in women who have reached menopause
- Being overweight or obese
- Consumption of fertility drugs
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Family history of ovarian cysts and cancer
- Early menstruation, that is, the onset of the period before the age of 11
Symptoms related to ovarian cysts: Generally, ovarian cysts show no specific symptoms and are generally located during a physical examination or an ultrasound. But, in case you suffer from large cysts or those that have ruptured, you may experience certain signs like:
- Pain while having sex. Great discomfort may be felt, particularly when deep penetration is attempted.
- Pain in the lower abdominal and pelvic region. This pain may be intermittent or persistent. It can also vary from being mild to quite sharp.
- Irregularity in the menstrual cycle.
- An uncomfortable pressure in the lower abdominal and pelvic area.
- Acute pain in the pelvic area and the lower back all throughout the menstrual period.
- Pain in the pelvic area after a session of vigorous exercise or strenuous physical activity.
- A feeling of discomfort or pain while urinating or during bowel movements.
- Nausea, followed by vomiting.
- Pain in the vaginal area, or light bleeding.
- Problems with healthy bowel movements.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.