Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jagdish M Trivedi
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jagdish M TrivediYour feedback matters!
My wife's breast is too small, which was affected to our sex, is there any suggestions are medicine to growth pls suggest me the same.
Is masturbating once in 2 days over masturbation and is it good for health ? Does it decrease sperm count and affect sperm fertility? Please help me. I am15 yes old.
STDs can be said to be the main down side to what is globally known as the most widely appreciated pastime. Yes, your read that right, as they can also be quite rampant. For example, by the age of twenty five, about half of all sexually active adults would have been the victim of at least one STD. Therefore, one should be aware of the risks and take precautions while indulging in sexual activities.
A lot of people are of the opinion that only an actual act of sex can lead to an infection by an STD. However, this is really not true as any sexual activity which features any or all of the mouth, penis, vagina and the anus has the potential to lead to an infection by an STD.
What doesn’t feel right?
- STDs come in all sorts of ways. Some of them are curable and can be successfully treated while others just have to be managed. One of the symptoms to keep an eye out for includes a swelling or redness in the region around the penis or the vagina. Also, if a person experiences a lot of pain during urination, it is a very good idea to get checked for an STD.
- The symptoms of an STD are basically that not everything feels okay. Apart from the symptoms which have been mentioned, others which also exist and serve as a warning sign are a severe itching, which is experienced in the genital region and a discharge from the penis or vagina. In addition to this, unexplained weight loss along with skin rashes and bumps, sores or warts around the mouth, or the genital regions are also fairly good signs that an STD has been contracted.
Road to recovery
- If a person suspects that he or she may have an STD, it is very important to consult a doctor as delaying in doing so can harm other parts of one’s body, and at times permanently.
- When it comes to the treatment of an STD, an antibiotic course of treatment is usually the way to go. It is important that the course of medication which is followed is specifically for that person as using another person’s medicine course can backfire.
- The best way to practically avoid contracting an STD is to practice safe sex. Sex is something which is supposed to be fun and satisfying. Keeping a few things in mind, the fun can be almost unbridled.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
How to manage premature ejaculation with non-medical methods
In my last article, I talked about statistics of premature ejaculation (P.E), its types, diagnosis and reasons. Now I will discuss about the non-medical methods of managing / treating P.E. Due to PE both partners often end up experiencing highly unsatisfactory sex. In fact, it can increase anxiety, reduce self-confidence and escalate relationship issues. Remember, there is no magical drug or medicine which can solve your problem overnight especially if you have chronic PE.
So, before seeking any medical treatment for PE, it is appropriate to consider the varied options available for solving this issue. These include counselling with a sexual therapist, medical treatment including both modern & alternative medicine, and non-medical methods like exercises/techniques of controlling early ejaculation as discussed below:
- Counselling by an expert sexual therapist or sexologist: It is commonly understood that sex is in the mind. Mind controls your sexual behaviour. However, repeated premature ejaculation episodes can lead to lot of stress and disappointment. Anxiety due to inability to satisfy your partner itself is a big issue and can lead to reoccurrence of PE. So, the stress /anxiety that is linked to your problem needs foremost attention. Many a times, if your family physician is not able to help you overcome the stress that you are facing with your problem of premature ejaculation, then you must seek advice from an expert. Reassurance, from a sexual therapist/counsellor, that PE is not a disease and can be easily treated is very soothing and relaxing for the men who are facing this problem. So, you may please share your detailed history and sexual habits with the expert that will help him to guide you well.
- Behavioural changes: Some basic behavioural changes may also help you to deal with the problem of early ejaculation. For example, some men attempt to treat themselves for premature ejaculation by distracting themselves by thinking nonsexual thoughts (such as naming cricket players and records!) to avoid getting excited too fast and reaching climax too soon while making love to their partners. This helps them to focus their attention away from the sexual stimulation. Another technique suggested to men is that they should relieve themselves of the sexual tension by ejaculating with self-masturbation 1-2 hours before attempting sexual intercourse with their partner. Condom decreases sensation. So, using condoms is also useful in preventing ejaculation for some time. For some, “women-on-top” position also helps in delaying orgasm in men.
- Exercises & techniques: There are several Exercise and techniques that one can try sitting in his home. Let’s have a look at some of them.
- The "stop and start" method: In this technique, the person sexually stimulates himself till the point he feels like he is about to reach orgasm. Then he needs to stop the stimulation for about 20-30 seconds and then start the stimulation again, repeating this pattern until the man finally wants to ejaculate. This can be continued for 10-15 minutes. At the end of, say 10th or 15th minute, one can continue stimulation until he reaches orgasm and ejaculates.
- The "squeeze" method: This technique requires the man to sexually stimulate himself or be stimulated by his partner until the point he is about to ejaculate. At that point, the man or his partner gently squeezes the end of the penis (where the glans penis meets the shaft) for at least 15 seconds. Stop sexual stimulation for about 60 seconds, and then start it again. The person or couple may repeat this pattern for at least 10-15 minutes. At the end of, say 10th or 15th minute, both can continue stimulation until the man finally reaches orgasm and ejaculates.
- Deep breathing method: Deep breathing can greatly help in controlling the arousal and tension that cause early ejaculation. Men must avoid taking shallow breaths as it can trigger premature ejaculation. Instead, what one should do is spend 5 seconds inhaling a long deep breath; then hold it for three seconds and then exhale for the next 5 seconds. If you can do this for 5 minutes in the bedroom, without pause, then you can control premature ejaculation.
That is all for now on this topic. In my next sequential and final article on this subject, I shall discuss what are the medical methods and treatments available to manage premature ejaculation read - 'All You Need to Know About Premature Ejaculation Part - 4'
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.