Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Jagdeesh KulkarniYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old married women I have got bartholin cyst. My doctor has given me medicine for 5 days and then if problem will not get sort out then she will operate the duct. Is the any demerit of removing this duct since I am newly married and do not have kids yet. Is this duct is form of cancer? I am afraid of operation. Should I go for operation?
Cancer today is not as rare as it once was. Today, cancer affects the young and old alike. One of the reasons for this is the pollution in particular air and water pollution that we are exposed to on daily basis.
The air we breathe in today is a mixture of smoke, particulate matter and noxious gases that causes great harm to our bodies. Amongst these, particulate matter that is smaller than 2.5 millionths of a metre is the worst.
These particle matters are emitted into the air from car exhausts, industrial exhausts, coal fires, wood stoves etc. While the body’s natural defences help keep larger particle matter out of the system by sneezing or coughing it out, smaller particle matter enters the body easily. These then get trapped in the lungs and enter the bloodstream. Particle matter has in particular been linked to increasing number of lung cancer cases. Apart from lung cancer, coal tar particle matter has been linked to bladder cancer, soot to oesophageal cancer and benzene and other pesticides to leukaemia.
Radon is another source of air pollution that is emitted from the ground. In some cases, radon can also be emitted through the water. As this gas decays, it releases tiny particles that when inhaled bombard the lung cells with radiation that can cause radiation. Smoking can worsen this effect and increase a person’s risk of suffering from lung cancer. Both first-hand and second-hand smoking have also been linked to breast cancer. Apart from trying to reduce emissions to lower air pollution, it is also important to clean filets of air conditions, etc. regularly to lower indoor air pollution. Preventing the smoking of tobacco in public spaces can also help improve air quality.
All pollutants emitted by us eventually find their way into the water we drink. Even if you are not drinking contaminated water, merely, showering or swimming in contaminated water can make your body more vulnerable to the carcinogens in it. Common water pollutants include arsenic, hazardous waste, animal waste, radon, chemicals and asbestos. Drinking water with concentrated amounts of arsenic has been linked to cancer of the lungs, liver, kidney and bladder while the chlorine used to treat drinking water increases the risk of bladder and rectal cancer.
To reduce the risks of cancer caused by polluted water, it is essential to reduce disinfectant by products by keeping water treatment facilities updated and promote green chemistry and alternative assessments to reduce pollution as a whole. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist.
My grandma has a breast cancer disease. And her age about to 83 years. So please suggest me in this age operation of this disease is the right step for her? she is not courageous lady. So she is not suffered by operation more?
Once the reality of the positive pregnancy test sets in, dreaming about the yet-to-arrive begins. Curiosity about gender, options for names, ways to manage, shopping ideas, etc., begin to get discussed. And then totally out of the blue the news comes that there is a miscarriage. This is one of the most depressing phases. It is very important for the family to be around and support each other. While the entire family is upset and hurt over the news, the mother needs most care as there is just not emotional but a huge physical component also to the episode. On the other hand, remember that miscarriages are extremely common, and is no indication of a fertility issue.
The first step would be to diagnose and confirm the miscarriage. After that, depending on whether it was complete or incomplete, some medical intervention might be required. In most cases, medications like misoprostol are given to expel the uterine contents. These help by clearing out the contents in about a couple of days' time. In some cases, a D and C might be required if your doctor suspects that medication will not suffice. This also helps identify if there is any issue in the uterus that could have caused the miscarriage.
While the above takes care of the physical part, the emotional component also requires cautious management. Needless to say, this is trickier than the earlier one.
- Mourn to your heart's content - When you have nursed a life within you and have lost it, it is very normal to cry for its loss. There would be a mix of emotions - shock, denial, confusion, anger, grief, depression, etc. Take some solace from that fact that this is nature's way of removing unhealthy fetuses.
- Get someone to talk to - Need not be your husband, but anybody whom you can talk to without having to watch words. A sibling, a good friend, a close relative - your choice. Make sure you don't pick ones who will judge and sympathize with you. More than sympathy, you need someone understanding and knowledgeable.
- Socialize more - As you would have kept to yourself post your positive test, use this time to socialize more and meet friends whom you have not regularly been in touch with. Close family members, your children (if you already have), society groups, movie groups, etc., help to a great extent.
- Formal medical counseling: If you are not able to cope with your regular circle of family and friends, try seeking professional advice from counseling.
- Spirituality - Whether you believe in temple or churches, spend some time there. Involve in some religious activity if you would like, this helps very often.
As much as it is painful and traumatic, it is not very uncommon or unnatural. Get back on your feet, the sooner you do, the better.
Skin cancer has two forms, melanoma and basal cell carcinoma. While the latter could be easily treated and cured, the former is hard to get rid of. Like all other forms of cancer, skin cancer can be easily treated if detected in its early stages. Ayurvedic medicines are known to cure and manage cancer for ages. Also checkout Ayurvedic remedies for healthy Hair.
Here is a list of 9 Ayurvedic medicines that can help in fighting skin cancer.
- Aloe vera: It has numerous skin benefits. For starters, it is considered to be a natural sun skin protector. It protects the skin from the harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays of the sun. It stops the production of carcinogen and helps the body to heal faster from cancer.
- Flaxseeds: Apart from being rich in dietary fibre, this seed contains fatty acid micronutrients and lignans. The latter has the ability to stop the cancerous cells from spreading to other parts of the body.
- Astralagus: Astralagus has multiple health benefits. It not only helps to boost the immune system, but helps the body produce skin cancer agents.
- Turmeric: This is one of the oldest Ayurvedic herbs that combat a lot of diseases. Turmeric has a crucial component known as the curcumin. It is an extremely powerful antioxidant that has the capability to stop the growth of cancerous cells.
- Bilberry: Due to the availability of free radicals, bilberry tea can counter skin cancer and helps minimise the damage caused by the cancer cells. They are a strong antioxidant and help the body to recover quickly.
- Hawthorn: Hawthorn berries are strong antioxidants that not only stop the growth of cancer cells, but prevent them from affecting other organs of the body. This fruit should only be consumed if the patient is taking betablockers.
- Artemisia: Commonly known as sweet wormwood, artemisia has a compound known as the artemisinin. Studies have shown that artemisinin can stop the cancer from spreading. Being non-toxic in nature, they have no side effects at all.
- Scutellaria: More commonly known as the Chinese herb, this Ayurvedic herb stops the progression of skin cancer into further stages. They contain a compound known as the flavonoids, which are known to be an anticancer agent.
- Saffron: Saffron has the unique property of slowing down skin cancer growth. Saffron can be applied in the form of extracts in small quantities to get best results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
What are the necessary requirement to prevent any type of cancer? What type of food should be avoided and what should be taken, exercises for cancer if any and what type of injuries should not be neglected. Also tell me about internal injuries symptoms.
What you have to cure cancer forever? Why there is not a Single method to cure cancer in its last stage? What about blood cancer? How to prevent cancer? And WHY we can't use small robo-cells to cure cancer, to help destroy cancer cells and strengthen healthy cells?
How to analyse ultra sound (USG Abdomen) test? What is meant by prostate of 21.1 ML with insignificant residual urine of 20.4 ML. Two freely moving calculi are seen in GB.- Cholelithiasis?
Does Reiki help Cancer patient? My mother is a blood cancer patient being treated by a Mumbai hospital. The Gleevec medicine is good but it causes pain in the bones and patient feels weak. Will reiki help such patient?
My wife is getting breast pain. Her age is 23 weight is 40. If I touch the breast I can feel something hard. And we are planing for baby from 3 months. She didn't get her periods from 11 weeks. Why that pain? And why she didn't get periods? Can someone explain clearly please. Thank you.
I am 66 years old. I am a cancer survivor of adenocarcinoma. I have undergone surgery, radiation and chemo. It has passed three years now that I have undergone the ailment. Now I feel well and I gained weight also upto 8 kilos. I am getting periodical checkups and so far so good it is OK now. I fear some times about recurrence of the decease. I am maintaining well on diet and other activities. What are the chances of recurrence?
How cancer could get prevent for a normal person leaving healthy life and how should cancer patients face it?
Male, Aged 60 yrs, Hypertention under medication, Slightly enlarged prostate with urination problem,frequent visit to toilet even in the night NOT DIAEBETIC. What medication will help?
Hello, I read an article today, that folic acid increases our cancer cells. And people from a cancer history should avoid. Of course there are some of my relatives have been diagnosed with cancer as well. I've been drinking folic acids for more than 3 years because of my losing memory and passing out issue. Now once I read the article I'm like kinda scared since its cancer! Is it really true?
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
There are several symptoms and signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Here are 7 common symptoms:
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infections. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable.