Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Jagdeesh KulkarniYour feedback matters!
What are the symptoms of a cancer and how to identify it in early stages. My brother has more miles and more are coming, is this an issue?
What are the causes for getting Brest cancer in females and how can we identify the symptoms? And please suggest me presentation tips?
From 2 or 3 months I feel pain in my left breast and and both nipple and lump like thing inside my breast before period. But after period all of thing go away. But this month that pain and lump problem have come 15 days before period. Help me.
I am 21 years old female. I have a doubt regarding the consumption of caffeine (through tea or coffee). Does caffeine have any affect in breast infections or cancer because I am a bit addicted to coffee.
I am 59. Taking 750ml lukewarm water along with lemon juice and a tablespoon of honey early in the morning regularly. Is it alright at this age even in summer days? Furthermore, I have long been suffering from prostatic for last about 4-5 years. For the last one month, according to the advice of a good Doctor of Ayurveda, I have been taking (1) Himplasia-2tabs-twice daily, (2) Kachnar guggulu-3tabs-twice daily and (3) Guksharadi guggulu-3tabs-twice daily and feeling unique benefits so far. Are these Ayurvedic medicines dependable to be totally cured of the prostatic? How long am I to continue with these medicines. Please suggest.
Can you suggest any way to detect CANCER personally without using any test because I think I have it but is there any such way.
My father is 58years old and his prostate is enlarged to 37x36x42mm in measurement and volume in 30 ml. Can it be compressed with medication such as Dutasteride and Tamsulosin Hydrochloride? Will it reduce his pain in urinating? Or surgery is the only solution? Is there any risk of it turning into prostate cancer? Will surgery solve his problem? Thanks.
Hi, currently I am getting treated for tb but I have also got nodule of 2.8 * 2.9c in my left breast which we came to know after ct scan. My chest specialist is saying wait complete the tb treatment and then go for breast nodule but I scared whether it not some serious. Which doctor I need consult for breast? I mean surgeon or gynecologist?
Most commonly occurring in children aged 5 or younger, Neuroblastoma is a type of cancer developing from immature nerve cells most often found in and around the adrenal glands. However, it is not limited and can develop in several other areas of the body, like the chest, neck, spine and different areas of the abdomen where nerve cells can be found in clusters.
Depending upon the area of the body affected, signs and symptoms may include:
1. Neuroblastoma in the abdomen:
- Abdominal pain
- Diarrhea, constipation or other changes in bowel movements
- A lump of mass under the skin which is anything but tender
2. Neuroblastoma in the chest:
- Chest pain
- Visible changes in the eyes, such as drooping eyelids or unequal pupil size
3. There are other signs and symptoms caused by neuroblastoma. These may include:
- Lumps of tissue found under the skin
- Bruise-like dark circles visible around the eyes
- Proptosis (a condition in which eyeballs seem to protrude from the sockets)
- Back pain
- Bone pain
- Unexplained weight loss
Causes: Neuroblastoma typically originates in neuroblasts. These are immature nerve cells formed by the fetus as part of the development process. Eventually, neuroblasts convert into fibres and nerve cells which then make up the constituents of the adrenal gland. Normally, they either mature or gradually disappear. Others, which neither mature nor disappear, form tumors.
A number of problems may result out of neuroblastoma, including:
- Metastasis or spread of the cancerous cells
- Spinal cord compression
- Paraneoplastic symptoms, such as rapid eye movement or difficulty with eye coordination
- Abdominal swelling
Depending on the child's age, the stage of the cancer, or the types of cells involved, the treatment plan varies accordingly:
- Surgery - However, this depends on the size and location of the tumor. Tumors growing near vital organs are too risky to remove
- Chemotherapy - involves the use of chemotherapy drugs
- Radiation therapy - involves high energy beams, like X-rays
- Stem cell transplant or autologous stem cell transplant in case of high-risk neuroblastoma
- Immunotherapy - involves drugs which stimulate the immune system to destroy cancerous cells
My father 53 years of age non smoker having gastric intestinal cancer. Poorly dirrertiated AD carcinoma locally advanced diffuse thinking up to 15 mm seen in rest of gastric wall as report says and lymph nodes also noted. Symptoms are unable to eat solid food and maximum having liquid diet. Weight loss due to not having food properly from last two months, No any pain and blood seen till now. He digest liquids diet little with solid food if not digested it comes through vomiting. Actually my father has doubt that it may be termerid seed in intestine which may be lying at the time of having good and it's happening since. Kindly suggest it is possible or any other test to confirm.
What are the cause for lung cancer & the precautions to overcome from the lung cancer and how to take of body.
My mother was suffering Nasophyrinix cancer last year, her chemo and radiation is completed. I want to know will she get cancer in future again?
Cancer is the one of the biggest threat to the young Indian population because of the factors that cause cancer, but also due to late detection. However, certain bad habbits and the factors increase the risk of cancer in India.
Causes of cancer in India:
- Overpopulation and the problem of nutrition: As per records, India is the world's third most populous country. However, it lacks in resources to feed the multiplying number of mouths. Nutrition plays a key role in deciding the quality of a person's life. Nutrition has therefore emerged as an essential branch of research and medical care in the last few decades. Lack of nutrition directly results in weakened immunity. Your body becomes prone to diseases, some of which can be fatal. To fight off cancer cells, one must have a strong immune system that comes from the right kind of nutrition.
- Smoking is a recurrent habit among children and adults: Smoking can cause cancer. Every cigarette packet reads the same warning messages but it doesn't actually deter smokers in any way. Smoking is prevalent among people of all age groups in India. From poor children to conscious educated adults, all are seen smoking.
- A Tropical country and its woes: Tropical countries are known to face the wrath of the sun. While most places in central, western, partly eastern and southern India experience extremes of temperature in summer, other places with moderately hot summers are not exempted from the harmful UV rays. Ultraviolet rays can be very harmful for one's skin, as it can cause skin cancer. Indians have a high amount of melanin, which protects them against sun rays, but the threat exists nonetheless.
- The concept of fast food: A global economy has opened avenues awaiting your attention in the realm of food. To suit the tones and moods of a fast life, fast food has been made available to you. We take pride in consuming things that can be prepared in an instant: instant noodles, soups and even curries. Packaged food and junk food are sources of cancer cells.
- Lack of awareness regarding the most common types of cancer: Breast and cervical cancer are the two most common types of cancer eating away the health of Indians. The problem lies in being unaware about the root causes, symptoms and treatment procedures related to these kinds of cancer. Social repression turns health concerns into matters of insignificance. Women fear social alienation after coming in the open with their problems.