Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jagdeep ShahYour feedback matters!
My wisdom tooth started growing but I found some hormonal problem in my body even it affected my periods I have gained weight of 3 kg even I did pregnancy test twice but it showed negative result.
Me and my partner had unprotected sex 17 days ago. Now we are worried as she missed her periods by 2-3 days. She didn't take any kind of contraceptives. Need help?
My wife is 57 years old. Her periods have stopped about 4 years ago. Can we have unprotected sex or is there a risk of pregnancy even now? Is there any test to confirm when it is safe to have unprotected sex?
I and my gf was intimate on 11th july and there was hardly any penetration or ejaculation. But due to safety I gave her unwanted 72 within the next 6 hours. Her last periods was on 1th july and due date is 28 or 29 th july. Will she have a normal period and is there any chances of pregnancy. please reply I am in great tension.
Hi I am I have a swelling in my minor Labra and I think it's very big problem maybe it can be due to infection also because I am not to change in my life style so please somebody give me free consultation and please help me and I'm really afraid I have excessive white discharge please help me I already have too much delay my periods because a woman balance or maybe I can also be always so that can be the reason for delay my periods please help me with this swelling in the lobby up please help me please give me free consultation already mentioned before please help me I am really scared it can also due to infection or Bartholin Cyst Please help me please please please please I have not been in a relationship before with anyone so it cannot be caused by any sexual transmission so please help me I'm only 15 years old.
I'm now 6th month pregnant, I'm consulting my pregnancy in CMC hospital, they told I have liver problem (liver hardness, so they told I should deliver in CMS hospital only, but my native is Chennai ,may I admit in Chennai, if any problem, s suggestion me on it.
I have done protected vaginal intercourse with my boyfriend on 21.6.16 and checked condoms after that found them completely intact. But we did unprotected anal and took i-pill 16 hours later that. My period date was 3rd june but in this month of July, it has been 3 days but I have not started bleeding though my period is quite regular. Is there any chance of being pregnant? I am just freaking out. Please advise.
When we truly care for ourselves, it becomes possible to care far more profoundly about other people. The more alert and sensitive we are to our own needs, the more loving and generous we can be towards others. ~eda leshan
Most women have been taught since childhood to put their family's needs first. In fact, in our society, one of the main qualities of being feminine is being selfless. Women have not only become comfortable with looking into other family members needs but also perfected the art.
When women are asked to bring themselves back into the picture, it very often feels as if we are asking them to break some rule of womanhood or doing something forbidden. But think about it for a moment, if you do not take the time to nurture yourself and refresh your energy stores, how can you truly care for others?
You wouldn't send your child off to school hungry or send your husband off to office without his lunch tiffin. Yet you are continually pushing yourself past the breaking point and ignoring the fact that there will be negative effects due to the continual denial of your body's needs. Think back to the last time you had a disturbance free breakfast or a relaxed lunch or dinner with your family. The reality is, you have to come first- at least some of the times. This may seem an uncomfortable thought, but think about it this way: only if you can take care of your health, can you take care of others.
Taking care of your health and wellbeing is an essential part of creating a healthy life that you can love. When you make yourself a part of your family equation, you create a healthy balance in your family's health.
Some tips for you to relearn how to take care of your health:
- don't start your day on an empty stomach. At least, have a fruit or a cup of milk within 15 minutes of getting up in the morning. You need the energy to make the breakfast for your family and yourself.
- avoid long gaps in between your main meals. Carry some healthy mini snack with you always in case you are working out of home or are in office.
- avoid finishing your child's left over meals. Over eating like this will not help anyone.
- avoid always being the one to eat the leftover meals. Try to learn to cook a moderate amount so that there is not food left over for the next day.
- try and make a habit of drinking water regularly.
- try to prepare a dish you love at least once a fortnight. It's not always about what your husband or child love to eat. Treat yourself too with the foods you have always eaten as a child.
- eating your meals before at a certain time before your husband does is not a crime. Or at least, eat your meals with your family and not alone after everyone else has finished their meal.
- try and keep regular sleep and exercise timings.
- learn to say 'no' when you can't.
- always ask for help when you need it.
- you are a wife or a mom, not a superwomen or supermom. Learn to be realistic with your expectations of yourself.
- love your body the way it is and don't indulge in mindless 'crash diets'.
- practice and you won't have to preach. Remember your child will learn by observation so if you follow healthy habits your child will do the same as an adult.
- don't feel guilty about being compassionate and kind to yourself.
Remember health is a relationship between you and your body. Nurture this relationship.
When I was 19 I went to the gynecologist as they suspected I had endo, turns out when they did an ultrasound I was told I had PCOS. When I was 22 I went and had another ultrasound and was told that my ovaries were completely healthy and there was no sign of PCOS. Before I went on the pill at 16 I.
I have noticed that my periods duration has decreased from 4 days to 3 days. Have noticed it since last few months. I am unmarried and my age is 29.
I am suffering from pcos my right ovary is resolving 8.5 but in. Left side of ovary my cyst is 14.5 I took alot of medicine since about 2 years I consume obimet sr 1 gram but since one month I stop it because many people tell me dat its nt good to consume metformin for along time please suggest me wht shall I do my periods are some time regular some time irregular but so painful cnt bear only pain but blood is nt passing so please suggest me shall I hv to continue metformin or nt i. Am. So tensed.
After how many minutes does pre cum fluid dries up, when it is rubbed on bed sheet, or when it looses its efficiency of making pregnant? I actually dried my finger on bed sheet then after 4-5 min fingered my girlfriend .
So you have just found out that you are pregnant and you and your partner are over the moon about it! While congratulations are in order, so are a host of tips which will help you settle into the pregnancy. It is important to remember that the first trimester of your pregnancy is a crucial phase where you may not change that much physically, but will be prone to many emotional changes. It is also a phase where you will make way for the changes that will inevitably come in the next two trimesters and for a long time after delivery of the baby too. Read on to unravel our first trimester guide.
- Pregnancy Test: You must ensure that you know you are pregnant by monitoring your menstrual cycles closely so that even one missed period points at the possibility of pregnancy. This test can be a home based kit available at the chemists' or can even be conducted with a lab test based on a urine sample. Despite the results that you may get on a home pregnancy test, it is best to get a professional opinion as well.
- Finding the Right Doctor: In this phase of your pregnancy itself, it is imperative to home in on a gynaecologist who will put you ease. Take care to pick someone who may be recommended by family and friends. Have a talk with the doctor a few times to see how well he or she engages you as a patient and if you are suitably convinced with the sessions and appointments.
- Activity: While heavy activities may not be recommended by all doctors as the foetus needs to latch on, one can indulge in plenty of walks and a normal routine as well. Ensure that your pregnancy is a normal one and ask your doctor about any precautions that you may need to take with the progressing trimesters. Also, find ways to deal with any morning sickness with the help of the doctor.
- Supplements: In this crucial phase, ensure that your doctor gives you plenty of folic acid supplements that you must ingest on a regular basis. This will keep any risk of neural tube birth defects at bay.
- Other Medication: Find out more about over the counter drugs or any medication that you may have been taking as this may have to be stopped or adjusted for the pregnancy. The doctor should be able to guide you on this aspect too.
The other activities during the first trimester include taking pre natal appointments and choosing and interacting with your caregiver who will also be a support after you have had the baby.
She is overweight even after having normal food. And she even have problem in periods, the bleeding last only for a day or two. And she has no intimate feel. And she keeps puking weekly once may be due to hyperacidity. Please guide what is the cause for all this? Note- currently she is consuming asthma tablets from past 3 years.
Our body goes through a myriad of changes that affect our sensual drive and performance, and it is all as part of the natural aging process. Both women and men begin experiencing decreased hormonal production starting as early as age 40.
Oxidation of the blood which plays a major role in healthy blood circulation starts to decrease at a relatively young age, further impairing sensual performance and satisfaction.?The good news is that there are many fresh, raw foods that help to counter the aging process and increase the nutrients vital to enhancing and maintaining a healthy sensual experience.
Start juicing for a healthy and natural enhancement of your sensual experience.EHC brings you juices that contain the highest concentration of sensually stimulating nutrients.
These are rich in potassium, which assists the body in reducing levels of sodium. Sodium increases the retention of water, a component of lowered libido due to its lessening of blood flow in the body. Bananas thus augment libido by combating erectile dysfunction.
These are an abundant source of antioxidants. These are especially important in cleansing your system of free radicals. Blueberries, through their high antioxidant powers, support the body?s ability to increase blood flow and deliver nutrients to muscles.
Like blueberries, cherries are a rich source of antioxidants, assisting the body?s ability to remove harmful ?free radicals? and increase blood flow. This is accomplished by their abundant resource of ?bioflavinoids,? compounds found in plants which trigger the natural production of nutritional enzymes necessary to heart health and the prevention of disease.
Ginger is rich in nutritional value, especially regarding male libido; just a little in your juice two or three times a week is needed to increase the flow of blood. Ginger is a powerful antioxidant, as well as an anti-inflammatory, both assisting in cleansing blood vessels and diminishing the probability of erectile dysfunction.
Watermelon stimulates the flow of blood by increasing the creation of nitrogen monoxide. This fruit is a rich source of the amino acid citrulline, which is converted in the body to nitric oxide.
Because this nut is rich in vitamin E, they are another great food for augmenting nitric oxide in the body, thus increasing blood flow. Add about a 1/4 to 1/3 cup to your juicer 2 or 3 times a week for excellent results.
Abundant in vitamin B compounds, eggs greatly reduce stress in men and women. Sensual power is greatly reduced by stress. In fact, stress is considered by many doctors to be the greatest cause of lowered libido.
Flaxseed oil is another food that increases blood flow as it is a rich source of omega-3 compounds. These act in the body to encourage the creation of nitric oxide, which is critical as an anti-oxidant nourishing the blood and reducing the possibility of erectile dysfunction.
Filled with omega-3 and 6 fatty acids, olive oil added to your juice ? this again encourages increased levels of testosterone in the body.
Few of us realize that whole milk is not only a great source of calcium and vitamin D, it also plays an excellent role in increasing the levels of testosterone in the body. Unpasteurized milk is much better primarily because you get nutrients that are destroyed by the pasteurization process. Local farms are a great source for unpasteurized products.
Avocados help augment drive, stamina, and energy due to their rich amount of folic acid. Use your blender to add avocados to your juice so as not to clog your juicer.
This fruit is a rich source of enzyme compounds, notably ?bromelain? which assist in the body?s digestive health and healing. Coupled with high amounts of vitamin B and potassium, bananas augment the body?s energy and libido.
This vegetable greatly increases female sexual satisfaction. Carrots assist the body?s ability to increase tissue sensation in a woman?s body due to their abundance in vitamin A.
Celery intensifies a woman?s libido due to its concentration of the hormone aldosterone, which helps maintain a healthy balance of water and sodium in the body.
Dark Green Veggies
These added to fresh juice augment the female sex drive due to their rich resource of the mineral zinc.
Pineapples assist the body in creating the hormone vetrogen, produced in large part by the abundant presence of manganese. Women especially require vetrogen for their libido and sexual satisfaction.
Not only does dark chocolate assist in the flow of blood and increased sensation by enlarging blood vessels in the body, it is also an excellent source of phenyl ethylamine. This compound affects the brain both as an ?analgesic? and anti-depressant.It also creates a sense of well-being.
Beets have been used for centuries, by the Romans, to stimulate sexual drive. Hence, even in the present times, people have been known to consume beet powder, supplements and juice to improve their sex life. Beet juice is loaded with nitrates, which are natural plant compounds. It is also believed to kick-start libido in men as well as women, regardless of their age.
It is 4 months after giving birth to baby is it normal to have irregular mensuration periods last month I had less bleeding now this months it is more is it normal?
Esophagectomy is a procedure of removing a part of the esophagus and reconstructing the same using another organ of the body. The esophagus is the tube that connects the stomach and the mouth. This procedure is often performed in an advanced stage of esophageal cancer and Barrett’s esophagus. This procedure removes the cancer cells from the esophagus and gives relief from the symptoms. The organs from where the reconstructing tissues are taken are generally large intestine and stomach.
Many esophagectomy surgeries are performed with minimally invasive techniques. The latter is commonly known as laparoscopic surgery. This is a procedure where numerous small incisions are made in order to perform the surgery. This procedure results in faster recovery and reduced pain as compared to the conventional surgery.
Newer methods such as Robotic surgery are being adopted by many doctors these days. Procedures like these can access the esophagus through places such as the throat, collarbone and abdomen. They make a minute incision to get to the exact location of the cancer and treat them with an improved precision, unlike the conventional surgical methods.
An important aspect of treating this condition is to determine the procedure that is going to be implemented. To determine this, doctors uses imaging techniques such as PET scan, CT scan and an MRI scan. A doctor might also prescribe other tests such as FNAC and endoscopic ultrasound. Heart evaluations are also conducted before the surgery to ensure that there are no complications involved while performing the surgery.
Unless the cancer is detected at a very early stage, most doctors recommend radiation or chemotherapy or both. These treatments help to shrink the size of the cancer and make for an effective esophagectomy. Both chemotherapy and radiation have their set of side effects, which include loss of appetite, fatigue, hair loss, vomiting and skin discolouration.
Post the procedure, a patient cannot directly consume food. He is required to consume food through a pipe for a duration of four-six weeks. Adequate nutrition is required during this phase to recover quickly. Once the patient is able to resume a normal diet, it should be ensured that he takes food in reduced quantities to make up for the reduced stomach size.
Almost 90% of patients who have gone through this procedure report an improved life quality. While lifestyle related adjustments have to be made, there could be regular follow-ups to ensure the below mentioned complications do not arise:
1. Breathing-related problems
2. Swallowing problem
3. Effectively managing heartburn and ensuring the pain is under control
4. A thorough review of the nutritional diet to be consumed by the patient to counter sudden weight loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a oncologist and ask a free question.
How emotions affect our health.
You are not a drop in the ocean but an ocean in every drop.
What did he mean by that. Every cell in our body is intelligent to think and act. We have 60 trillion cellsy in our body and our health depends a lot on the harmonic balance and cohesion of the cells with each other.
- In the movie eat, pray love, julia roberts visits a wise man in bali, and he advises her not to try too hard to meditate. In fact he suggests that meditation is nothing but smiling and the line that is a kicker, is" smile with your liver"
- If you believe that this is just a metaphor, lets look at the other end of the spectrum to prove just how crucial this is.
- Let us say you hold a negative emotion towards somebody, something or some event in your life. Each time you think of that your whole body re-lives the emotional upheaval of that association.
- Your mind doesn't have a mind of its own, and doesn't know if the event is happening in real time or it is being replayed. So it produces the same stress hormones. Each and every cell of your body starts feeling the same emotion of let us say" hatred" towards that event, person or experience all over again.
- The body is not at ease. This is a state where the condition of dis-ease sets in.
- If you continue to live in that state, your cells are now getting conditioned to live in the same state.
- The upanishads talk about *" yatha pinde tatha brahmande"* as is the atom so is the universe.
- Health of a person, depends on how well all the systems of the body and the *60 trillion cells* play the melody of harmony together.
- When the cells are living in a state of hatred, they soon start exhibiting that with each other and killing healthy cells in the body. This leads to many forms of auto immune disease.
- Like rumi said. You are not a drop in the ocean, you are an ocean in every drop.
- Be careful of your thoughts, your feelings and your emotions.
- Forgive people, not because they deserve it, but because you need it. Stay happy, stay healthy.