Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jagadish B. Barfiwala
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jagadish B. BarfiwalaYour feedback matters!
Sir/madam, my daughter is 9 1/2 years old and she started her periods in the month of february. That month, her bleeding continued for a month and stopped after taking some homeopathy medicines. Thereafter she did not get periods until 8th of may, but since then at an interval of a week or so she bleeds a little. Kindly advise.
I am 30 years my right tube removed for left tube tubectomy is done but now I want a baby for left tube reconciliation with open surgery or laparoscopic operations which is best what r success rate please tell me.
Hello sir/madam Am 14 weeks pregnant and the first early pregnancy scan shows that internal is closed and the cervical length is 3.9. In that case can I have sex daily or it may create any worries. Please help me out of this. thanks.
If I am taking ipill always after sex. Kya hm future me kbhi pregnant ho paenge. Kya ipiil ke karn mere health me affect hoga?
Hello sir, my wife took ipill after sex next morning, after next day my wife feeling nausea, headache, pain abdomen, vomiting. It is going to be two weeks, she is feeling the same. Please help me.
Hi doctor, I am 23 years old mere periods is mnth periods ni hue last mnth 13 ko hui ti. Mam parso prega news text kit se cheak v kia ta to negative aya ta. Mam avi tk to periods ni hui kya kru btaiya kya m pregnent to ni?
If I am suffering for PCOS does it makes difficult for me to conceive? What all I have to do to lessen effects of PCOS?
I am 9 months pregnant now. According to last usg report my edd is 31 july, 2016. will the baby born between 31 july? Is my baby fully matured then?
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. The survival rate of the baby is extremely low, and you may need some time to get over your loss. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!