Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. J.Z. Patankar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. J.Z. PatankarYour feedback matters!
My one year baby has103 fever at night I give her ibugesic plus 3ml her weight is 6 kg she has runny nose also what can I give her? Any antibiotic etc?
A red eye is one of the first and most common symptoms of conjunctivitis. Conjunctivitis is the inflammation of the tissue that lies over the white part of the eye and lines the inner side of the eyelid. It is usually the result of bacterial or viral infection and can easily spread. However, it can be allergic which is not contagious. Conjunctivitis can also be a symptom of STDs like gonorrhea or Chlamydia. In newborns, conjunctivitis can be vision threatening while in grownups it is not considered a serious health risk.
The symptoms of conjunctivitis differ according to the cause of the infection. Some common symptoms of conjunctivitis are:
- Yellowish green or white discharge
- Swelling and puffiness of eyelids
- Waking up to crusted yellow discharge
- Itchiness and burning in the eyes
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Blurred vision due to discharge and watering
An eye examination and testing a sample of the fluid secreted by the eye can be used to diagnose conjunctivitis. It can easily be treated at home and does not require hospitalization. Antibiotics are often given in the form of eye drops and ointments to treat conjunctivitis. Wash your eyes before putting the eye drops. Once applied, close your eyes and roll the eyeball around to distribute the medicine and keep it from overflowing out of the eye. Wash your hands immediately after applying the eye drops.
Viral conjunctivitis is highly contagious. If you are suffering from it, you should take a few days off work and restrict your social interactions. Wash your hands frequently as you may unconsciously rub your eyes. This is especially important with regards to meals and finger foods. Also, avoid sharing towels, pillow cases etc to minimize the transmission of the disease from one person to another.
Avoid using makeup while being treated for conjunctivitis.
With conjunctivitis, the eye is more sensitive to irritants and thus a speck of makeup can worsen the situation. Also, avoid contacts. If you wear contacts regularly, dispose the current set and start using a fresh set after your doctor gives you a clean chit. Artificial tears or non-prescription eye drops can also be used to relieve the itchiness and burning in the infected eye. If only one eye had been affected by conjunctivitis, do not use the same eye drop bottle for both eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist and ask a free question.
We have 4 month baby boy. And my wife is feeding to baby. After delivery my wife twice in periods but last one and half months she didn't. When pregnancy test she done 3 times the result is negative. We do sex 2 times without protection. Is she pregnant? Please guide me. Thank you. My wife's age is 25 year old and her delivery is normal.
Hello doctor, My 9 months old infant is passing blood motions and he vomits frequently . I am trying to give bottle milk but he is refusing to drink bottle milk please suggest what to do.
My 5 months old son is having cough my doctor suggested azithral liquid 100 20 mg/ml bt still he is having cough.
Depression is a state of mind that adversely affects the way a person thinks, feels and behaves. It’s becoming an unpleasant existence in everyone’s life these days due to lot of factors such as:
Competition with Others,
Desires not getting fulfilled,
Relationship related concerns,
Societal Pressures etc.
In most cases, depression does not have a single cause. Rather, it results from a mix of factors i.e. your genes, events in your past, your current circumstances and much more. Depression, like many other behavioral health issues, has complex interacting Biological, Psychological, Social and Environmental contributing factors. Depression in teenagers is very common owing to hormonal changes and increased stress of coping with studies and the social world. Genetic factors also play an important role in triggering depression in teenagers.
Signs and Symptoms of Depression:
Persistent Sadness: Constant feeling of sadness irrespective of the company.
Thoughts or attempts of suicide: Thinking that suicide will solve all problems.
Fatigue: A state of decreased energy levels.
Helplessness and Hopelessness: Living with a though that nothing will ever get better.
Loss of interest in daily activities: Lack of interest in your hobbies, your favourite pastimes or social activities, or sex etc.
Appetite or weight changes: Significant weight loss or weight gain.
Sleeping disorders: Either insomnia, especially waking in the early hours of the morning, or oversleeping.
Irritability: Low tolerance level.
Loss of energy: Feeling fatigued, sluggish, and physically drained.
Self-loathing: Feeling of worthlessness or guilt.
Concentration Issues: Trouble focusing or remembering things.
Homeopathy For Depression
Homeopathic remedies for depression in teenagers are no different from those used for treating depression in adults. In the initial stages or in the milder form or in people who are not aware of the disease, depression can go unidentified till its implications become too obvious. People often overlook it as a mere low mood or some start assuming it as a part of their psychological makeup. Even families or spouse start accommodating accordingly, thereby making identification of depression all the more difficult. Homeopathic treatment for depression is great form of alternative medicine and natural therapy for depression.
Advantages of using Homeopathy for Depression:
- The best part of homeopathic treatment is that the homeopathic medicines are totally free from side effects and its long term use leads to no damage to the body. Homeopathic medicines also do not cause any sedation.
- The options in conventional treatments are either to take antidepressant medications or to remain depressed, however, homeopathic medicines are said to be side effect free and its long term use leads to no damage to the body. Homeopathic medicines also do not cause any sedation.
- There are lot of medications in homeopathy which are used, post understanding of the behaviour of a person; his/her complete biological and genetic status, his/her existing medical conditions.
- It is always recommended to consult a homeopath and not to go for self-medication, as it requires specific potencies of medicines for them to be effective on the medical condition.
Ayurveda is a life science that ha: s been around for centuries. There are many treatments and medications in Ayurveda that improve the way of life. One such powerful method that increases the immunity in children is suvarnaprashan.
We live in a world where we are surrounded by chemicals be it in food, water or air. With the erratic changes in the climate and our lifestyle need a lot more care than before; giving Suvarnaprashan to your children is one way the parents can ensure that their children grow up to be smart, healthy and strong.
What is Suvarnaprashan?
Suvarnaprashan literally means gold bhasma and is one of the 16 rites of passage of human beings. This all-natural product has been used for over 1000 years and has proven to improve the health and mind of the child.
Suvarnaprashan is a mixture of gold ash, ghee, and honey and is fortified with herbal extracts like brahmi, vacha, shankhpushpi and others. Investing in the early stages of the child’s life is imperative. The early stages are where the body starts to grow and the mind is said to be most intelligent. Administering suvarnaprashan at this stage will make sure you reap the maximum benefits. Suvarnaprashan can be given to children up to the age of 16 years.
Let us take a look at the benefits of Suvarnaprashan:
- Boosts the Immune System: Till the age of 5, children are more susceptible to infections. Suvarnaprashan consists of herbs that can help in boosting the immunity system. It can protect children from fever, cold, and cough.
- Improves Memory: This method is very helpful in improving the brain health. It can increase the grasping power, improve attention and enhance the memory in children.
- Helps with Digestion: Suvarnaprashan improves the process of digestion and also increases the absorption of nutrients in the body. The loss of appetite and gastric discomfort are often faced by children. This method can treat both these issues.
- Skin Health: Skin is the perfect way of knowing the health of a person. This method removes the harmful toxins from the skin and performs a detoxification. This will improve the blood circulation and also improve the texture of the skin.
- Improves Hearing and Vision: This method when taken in the right amount and method, also benefits the eyesight and hearing.
- Mental Health: Temper and tantrums are often witnessed in children. Suvarnaprashan has a calming effect on the mind, that can help calm them down. Suvarnaprashan can also be suggested for children with learning disabilities and autism.
One thing to keep in mind is that Suvarnaprashan should be consumed on an empty stomach. It is best to consume food only 30 minutes after having it. This is one of the most effective ways of ensuring the good health of the child.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
No matter how much time you spend researching on how to take care of your newborn, once your child is delivered, the first few weeks will leave you frantic and overwhelmed. However, there are a few tips which new parents must keep in mind.
Handling a newborn:
- Since babies have a weak immune system and are susceptible to infections, it is of paramount importance that anyone who handles your child has clean and sanitized hands.
- You also need to be careful about always supporting and cradling your child's head and neck since the muscles in his or her neck are weak at birth, and babies only develop head control after six months.
- Never shake your newborn baby whether playfully or out of frustration. Shaking the baby can cause bleeding in the brain or in severe cases, death. Tickle your child's feet to wake him or her up.
- Not only is it important to make sure that your baby is fastened securely in the car seat, stroller or carrier, you must also restrain from activities which may be bouncy or rough.
Firstly, you must decide whether you want disposable or cloth diapers for your infant. Babies go through at least ten diapers a day (irrespective of whether they are cloth or disposable). While diapering, you must keep in mind to not leave your baby unattended on the changing tables. So get all the supplies such as clean diaper, diaper ointment (in case of rash), fasteners, diaper wipes and warm water, before changing his or her diaper.
Newborn babies need to be given a sponge bath with warm water and very little soap till the navel and/or the circumcision heals completely. This can take about one to four weeks. After being healed, the baby should be bathed twice or thrice a week since frequent bathing may damage the baby's skin.
Breastfeeding and Burping:
Doctors recommend feeding the baby on demand i.e. whenever your baby is hungry. Crying, putting fingers in the mouth, or making sucking noises convey that the baby is hungry. A newborn baby needs to be fed every couple of hours.
Burping is important so that the air consumed during the feedings can be let out since it makes the baby fussy. Patting or rubbing a baby's back usually helps them to burp or pass gas.
Related Tip: "Viral Fever In New Born Babies"