Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. J Maniar
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. J ManiarYour feedback matters!
I have polycystic ovarian disease I want information about it how to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
There is a commonly held view that eating disorders are a lifestyle choice. Eating disorders are actually serious and often fatal illnesses that cause severe disturbances to a person's eating behaviors. Obsessions with food, body weight, and shape may also signal an eating disorder.
Signs and Symptoms of Common Eating Disorders are discussed below:
People with anorexia nervosa may see themselves as overweight, even when they are dangerously underweight. People with anorexia nervosa typically weigh themselves repeatedly, severely restrict the amount of food they eat, and eat very small quantities of only certain foods. Anorexia nervosa has the highest mortality rate of any mental disorder.
- Extremely restricted eating
- Extreme thinness (emaciation)
- A relentless pursuit of thinness and unwillingness to maintain a normal or healthy weight
- Intense fear of gaining weight
- Distorted body image, a self-esteem that is heavily influenced by perceptions of body weight and shape, or a denial of the seriousness of low body weight
Other symptoms may develop over time, including:
- Thinning of the bones (osteopenia or osteoporosis)
- Mild anemia and muscle wasting and weakness
- Brittle hair and nails
- Dry and yellowish skin
- Growth of fine hair all over the body (lanugo)
- Severe constipation
- Low blood pressure, slowed breathing and pulse
- Damage to the structure and function of the heart
- Brain damage
- Multiorgan failure
- Drop in internal body temperature, causing a person to feel cold all the time
- Lethargy, sluggishness, or feeling tired all the time
People with bulimia nervosa have recurrent and frequent episodes of eating unusually large amounts of food and feeling a lack of control over these episodes. This binge-eating is followed by behavior that compensates for the overeating such as forced vomiting, excessive use of laxatives or diuretics, fasting, excessive exercise, or a combination of these behaviors. People with bulimia nervosa usually maintain what is considered a healthy or relatively normal weight.
- Chronically inflamed and sore throat
- Swollen salivary glands in the neck and jaw area
- Worn tooth enamel and increasingly sensitive and decaying teeth as a result of exposure to stomach acid
- Acid reflux disorder and other gastrointestinal problems
- Intestinal distress and irritation from laxative abuse
- Severe dehydration from purging of fluids
- Electrolyte imbalance (too low or too high levels of sodium, calcium, potassium and other minerals) which can lead to stroke or heart attack
People with binge-eating disorder lose control over his or her eating. Unlike bulimia nervosa, periods of binge-eating are not followed by purging, excessive exercise, or fasting. As a result, people with binge-eating disorder often are overweight or obese. Binge-eating disorder is the most common eating disorder.
- Eating unusually large amounts of food in a specific amount of time
- Eating even when you're full or not hungry
- Eating fast during binge episodes
- Eating until you're uncomfortably full
- Eating alone or in secret to avoid embarrassment
- Feeling distressed, ashamed, or guilty about your eating
- Frequently dieting, possibly without weight loss
Unspecified Eating Disorder:
- This happens when the behavior do not meet the criteria for any food or eating problems but still pose significant threat and problems.
- This also happens the clinician is not able to assess whether an individual is affected by a certain disorder.
Treatment is available. Recovery is possible.
Eating disorders are serious health conditions that can be both physically and emotionally destructive. People with eating disorders need to seek professional help. Early diagnosis and intervention may enhance recovery. Eating disorders can become chronic, debilitating, and even life-threatening conditions.
When you begin to notice that disordered eating habits are affecting your life, your happiness, and your ability to concentrate, it is important that you talk to somebody about what you are going through.
The most effective and long-lasting treatment for an eating disorder is some form of psychotherapy or psychological counseling, coupled with careful attention to medical and nutritional needs. Ideally, this treatment should be tailored to the individual and will vary according to both the severities of the disorder and the patient's particular problems, needs, and strengths. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
Sir I have done uric acid test and it came out That I have 8 uric acid value. What are the precautions and what should I eat.
My mother in law was suffering from different diseases like her legs are inter-wind, Speech is inter-wind. Sometime talk differently. tongue getting dry after taking the medicine prescribed by Dr. She also suffering from slurred speech, memory impairment, uncoordinated body movement, dizziness, dry mouth, fatigue, irritability, constipation, anxiety, insomnia etc. Please help. Regards
I want to know whether my semen analysis report is normal or not Total sperm count 94 millions/ml Motility after 1/2 hours Grade 3 and 4 (%) 25 Grade 2 (%) 30 Forward progressive (%) 55 Grade 1 (%) 25 Grade 0 (%) 0 Abnormal forms (%) 30 After 1 hour Grade 3 and 4 (%) 25 Grade 2 (%) 30 Forward progressive (%) 55 Grade 1 (%) 20 Grade 0 (%) 00 Pus cells absent Red blood Nil Epithelial cells 1-2/HPF Debris Absent Trichomonas NIL Crystals NIL Please suggest me if everything is alright.
Hi Good Morning sir, I am 20 years old, sir I am suffering from fever. Last 10 what can I do to solve my problem.
I am 20 year old, I have stomach pain sine last 1 week, I kept some pain killers bt it doesn't relief, what should I am preferred now?
Are you aware of the causes and symptoms of vertigo? Also known as bhrama, vertigo is a balance disorder. It is also referred to as a spinning sensation and head rush. A sense of spinning of the nearby surroundings is experienced by a person affected with vertigo. Standing in an upright position becomes difficult. The onset of this condition occurs in several ways. Ayurveda has a complex explanation for vertigo or bhrama, which is as follows:
According to Ayurveda, vertigo is caused because of your pitta and vata doshas.
- When the vata and pitta doshas get excited, an abnormal functioning of the balance mechanism within your inner ear is caused.
- A vestibular imbalance, or an imbalance in the inner part of your ear is the primary cause of vertigo. It disrupts the coordination of a stimulus and response.
- Any defect or disruption in the proper flow of oxygen to the ear can result in vertigo attacks.
Factors causing imbalance in doshas
- Viral infections like common cold
- Ear problems like discharges, infections in the ear cavity, and perforation of the eardrum
- Certain cardiovascular diseases such as low blood pressure, valve diseases, and improper heart rhythms
- Migraine and anemia
- Certain neck ailments such as cervical spondylosis
- Arthritis and injury to the head that leads to concussions
Several Ayurvedic herbs and remedies are used for the treatment of vertigo. These herbs are added to a patient’s regular diet. They are as follows:
- Ashwagandha improves the flow of oxygen in your body. It is commonly used for dealing with respiratory problems that result in vertigo or bhrama.
- Ginkgo is the most effective Ayurvedic herb for curbing all forms of circulatory problems. It enhances the flow of oxygen to various parts of your body. It is ideal for the reduction and elimination of vertigo. It also cures ringing in the ears, which is a common vertigo symptom.
- The roots of the vacha tree are effective in giving relief to vertigo patients.
- A concoction made of Guduchi Kasaya is effective in curing a vertigo. One should have 30ml of the concoction every morning, at least half an hour before breakfast.
- Other important Ayurvedic remedies that help with vertigo management include Triphala, Sarpagandha, Yogendra rasa, Saraswatarishtha, and many others.
It is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner before starting Ayurvedic treatment for vertigo on your own. He will be able to diagnose your condition and severity, and accordingly prescribe the best treatment.