Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. J M PadthareYour feedback matters!
My name is rahul and I am suffering from cough that sticks on my breathing passage making me difficult to breath and I am taking ascoril plus but it did not do work what to do ? Wheezing sound is also there and some times it is worse in late night and early morning what to do ?
My sister is a 24 year old. It happened for her to stay in hostel .after few days her friend is diagnosed with tuberculosis. So are there any chances of my sister being affected, though she has no symptoms now. Please advise.
I am 22 years old I have sinus problem since last five years and generally happened with me in winter season specially and facing problems like cold cough and hair problem also in this situation what should I do in this situation please tell me I will be very thankful to you.
Since 5 years I am suffering asthma and allergy, I am aged 53 years old. I am not using cold water, sweets with sugar mix. What I have to do ?
I have breathing problems since childhood. I frequently get nose blocks, sore throat. And I am allergic to dust. How can this be cured?
I have dry cough from last three weeks. I had completed 5 day course for antibiotics and medicine for psnowphelia from a doctor. But still cough is there. Decreased bit. I hv diagnosed with psnowphelia one year back. What could be the problem.
I am 23 years old student and when weather changes I suffer from fever and cough what should I have to do ?
What should I do to recover from my sinus problem? It makes me inconvenient in some places. And it creates more disturbance. Please help me out.
My left tonsil is always swollen and affecting my ear and tmj joints clicking sound while opening mouth on left side.
I am 18 years old, and I have very severe dry cough since 6 months, I cause without any reason, when I was consulted by doctor they told me that it's a non viral cough. So what to do, please help!
Hello doctor. My mother is 42years old, take a balanced diet but she is suffering from sinus, its really hard for her because he use to sneeze all time when caught into dust or smoke or any fragrance. She has a great problem of headache. She is having homeopathic medicines since 2months she is bit fine with those but not fully cured. Please help me so that I can help her overcoming this problem.
Are COPD patients vulnerable to chest congestion immediately on a sudden change of weather? If so, why and what precautions do they need to take?
Hi When I eat sweets, my right ear becomes wet and pus comes out of it. Pus formation is existing since my birth and I was treated for this. Just since a year or two this problem is coming. I gave birth my child at home in minus degrees and immediately had a bath under tap with cold freezing water. Is it the reason for my problem. Lately I realized I have sinusitis cos I feel like sneezing but it stops, if I sneeze I sneeze for 2 or 3 times at a time. It gives me headache. I have migraine problem. Presently I am taking okacet. Kindly suggest me a very good drug so that this infection is gone forever. I am scared of surgeries and there is nobody who can take care of me post surgery. Thank you.
Asthma, the long term inflammatory disease, affects the airways of lungs. A number of symptoms, including obstruction of air flow into the lungs, which can cause breathlessness, coughing, wheezing, allergic reactions and swelling of the tubes, points to it. The causes include genes as well as pollution in the environment which is resulting in an increasing number of cases. The diagnosis is usually done with a spirometry and the treatment is a long term process.
Women who suffer from asthma have to be especially vigilant during pregnancy as it can lead to a number of complications including less air passage to the foetus. This can result in a slow rate of development and certain anomalies in extreme cases. So how can a pregnant lady manage asthma? Here are a few tips:
- Involve Pulmologist: To begin with, the obstetrician and the pulmonologist must both be well aware of the situation. The pulmonologist must be given detailed information with regards to allergies as well as past treatment and medical history so that the treatment is done systematically to prevent an asthmatic attack and any complications to the foetus.
- Lung Function: During pregnancy, the doctor must monitor lung function carefully with monthly check ups to ensure that the right amount of oxygen is reaching the foetus. This is done because the severity of asthma changes in most women during pregnancy. A spriometry or peak flow metre can be used to measure the lung function. Also, the foetal movements must be monitored on a monthly basis, or rather, once every 28 days, to be more specific.
- Influenza: Flu is a common outcome of asthma, especially when it becomes severe during pregnancy. The onset of flu or influenza must be prevented at all costs with the help of a flu vaccine that will be effective at least for a season at a time. It is a pregnancy safe injection.
- Triggers: There are many things that may trigger an asthmatic attack or an allergic reaction that can lead to the same. Ensure that you do not suffer from these triggers by avoiding dust, pollen, tobacco smoke and varied other substances that can lead to choking and wheezing.
- Medication: One must ask the doctor about pregnancy safe inhaled corticosteroids that one can take during pregnancy if and when the need arises.
It is recommended to take medication for asthma during pregnancy only after a consultation with the doctor. Also, do not reduce the dose of the medicine unless your doctor has recommended a change.