Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. J.L AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Throats choked as I had drunk water over ice cream. Can't able to speak n also suffering from cold n dry cough.
She was suffering with cold and sinus and also have the cough can you suggest her what she have to do.
Hello doctor I have large amount of acidity as well as my bones of shoulders, hand get pain, back pain. Also I just feel dizziness always. So please tell me why this happen and suggest me diet and nutrition.
Sir i'm now 23 years old. I have tonsil since last 13 years. Some times when the atmosphere is cold and with this if i'm take any cold things then the next day the tonsil gives me pain. Once I consult one doctor. He suggest me to do the operation. Is the operation is advisable or not. And what I am do for this please suggest.
The common reason why most of us get throat infections is because they are viral in nature. This means that if one person gets a throat infection then he transmits it to others by touching, coughing and sneezing etc.
Viral throat infections can be managed easily. There are several home remedies that can alleviate your viral infection. However, it is suggested to consult an ENT specialist if the home remedy is not providing any relief to you.
- Gargling: It is one of the most popular methods of treating viral throat infection. All you need to do is mix one tablespoon of salt in 200 ml of water and warm the solution. When the water becomes lukewarm, take a small portion of it and rinse your throat with the solution. Take care that the solution remains within your throat and does not reach your stomach. Rinse your throat for 5 minutes and repeat the procedure after a rest of 2 minutes. Ensure that the water remains lukewarm for effectiveness.
- Inhalation: Another common method of ridding yourself of viral throat infections is to inhale steam. Boil some water mixed with eucalyptus oil. When the water starts developing bubbles, take your face near it, cover it and the pot containing water with a dry towel and inhale the steam. This procedure is inconvenient for many people because inhalation results in sweating, but the result is perceptible. You must inhale steam for at least five minutes. Once you are done with inhalation, avoid taking cool fluids like cold water etc., else the effect would be reversed and your infection might get more severe.
- Take lots of fluids: Strange as it may sound, viral throat infection can also be treated by taking lots of hot fluids. The warm temperature helps in neutralising the viruses, while the fluids prevent the dehydration of the body. Take hot tea, coffee etc. when you have an infected throat.
- Drink hot milk and turmeric: Many mothers administer this solution to their kids to treat throat infections caused by viruses. This concoction is best taken before sleeping in the night. Turmeric has been found to carry several anti-microbial properties.
- Avoid smoking: If you are a smoker, you must avoid smoking to alleviate your viral throat infection.
- Use decongestants and nasal sprays: These substances make breathing easier by contracting the swollen mucous membranes. Nasal sprays also help relieve runny noses and post-nasal drips, which are so irritating and inconvenient to many. However, avoid administering this remedy to small children. Since these sprays contain synthetic drugs, it is advisable to stick to prescribed dosages for different age groups. Please also consult your ENT doctor before administering the nasal sprays to yourself or anybody else.
I have suffer for ear pain in last one weak. Local doctor asked me its problem create for enter buds in ear. I want to khow that which medicine is suitable in this situation? please inform as soon as possible.
Dear, sir my question is a one day driving time in suddenly my accident by car so my hed and nose Boone s are go in to out so some some time here a panning. Pls sir give your salutation. Thank you.
Treat Earaches the Natural Way
Earaches can cause great discomfort. Most of them occur due to infection in the ear. As a result fluid may collect in the middle ear that causes pain. Some other reasons may be physical damage to the inner structure of the ear, buildup of wax in the ear, blockage of nasal passage or may be common cold. Sometimes these may call for medical intervention.
However, simple earaches can be treated with the help of these easy natural home remedies:
Garlic has antibiotic and analgesic properties that help to relieve earaches.
- Crush a small piece of garlic and heat with 2 teaspoon of sesame oil. Filter and cool it.
- Put 2-3 drops in the infected ear.
Ginger too like garlic has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Take 1 teaspoon of ginger juice and mix it with 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Put 2-3 drops in the hurting ear to get relief
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
A potent substance, apple cider vinegar works well for all types of health problems including earaches
- Put 2-3 drops in the infected ear
- Repeat again after 12 hours to get relief
4. Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree oil with its anti-bacterial features is also effective remedy for earaches.
- Add a few drops to a tablespoon of olive oil and warm them
- Take 2-3 drops of this oil and put it into the infected ear for relief
5. Juice from Mango Leaves
Mango leaves too have an antibiotic action and can relieve earache.
- Extract juice by crushing 3-4 fresh mango leaves
- Slightly warm up this extract
- Put 2-3 drops in the ear that hurts
6. Drink Herbal Tea
Herbal Tea made from Chamomile or Holy Basil provides warmth and can help to get rid of infections. With relaxing and healing properties, these herbal teas can be used to get relief from earaches.
7. Rubs for Earache
- Mix 10 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil along with 10 drops of Lavender Essential oil in ¼ cup of Olive oil.
- Rub few drops from this oil around the ears to get relief from inflammation and infection of the ears.
- You can also rub Lemon Balm instead of essential oils to ease pain in the ears.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.