Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
Submit a review for Dr. J C KothariYour feedback matters!
I m suffering from tonsil please suggest right and quick relief medicine & please give me medicine low power.
I have a sinus problem. For this I have gone for operation 15 years back. But I am now also facing same problem. Because of this I am getting so much of snoring. Please let me know the how to reduce this problem.
Dear physiotherapist! I'm a asthma patient. kindly explain me the physical methods to get rid of wheezing instantly when it occurs. What are the physical ways of treating asthma other than medication?
I am getting cough from last 15 days only in night , not that serious but sometimes its worse, in last 1 month i have lost 6kgs of weight. Is there any problem?
I am having dry cough for the past one month. dr. prescribed to take antibiotics 1 course. i have completed but still cotinuous. i am not able to sit in office if coughs comes.
What are the symptoms of tuberculosis? What precautions should I take for the protection from tuberculosis?
Dear sir, I am 77 years young. My question is, 1. I am having cough followed by violent sneezing. Why it is so? It was not there earlier like this.
When I forcedly breath my right side chest started pain like a middle and I thought some things are stored this side so pls tell me what I do to solve this problem.
I have allergy problem with my skin. tonsil regularly in mouth and other skin problem. Pls provide solution.
Used to smoke. Kindly tell me ways to clear lungs and suggest home remedies as well. Lots of coughing.
I am suffer in dry cough from one month. I was take antibiotics and cough syrup. But it continue. How I relief from it.
Hi! I am two months pregnant. I am suffering from cough. Please suggest me some home remedies for cough.
I am having problem of sinus. My nose gets blocked after some time intervals. I have to use nasal spray to open it as it becomes difficult to breathe. What could be the cure or medicine for this.
The festival of Diwali is greeted with great pomp and splendour and along with the regular festivities, the pollution levels in the air also rise due to the ritual of bursting fire crackers. In an analysis, the rise of harmful pollutants such as sulphur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide seemed to reveal a disturbing outcome.
The rise in pollution during Diwali affects you in the following ways:
- The PM (particulate matter which is smaller than 2.5mm) enters your lungs (learn more about lung cancer) and bloodstream and has several health impacts including chronic respiratory symptoms such as painful breathing and shortness of breath which might cause premature death.
- High sulphur dioxide levels in the air during Diwali also lead to inflammation of air passages and causes complications in respiration.
- A compound called ‘strontium’ found in the atmosphere multiplies by 120 times during the festival and causes bone damage and blood clotting ailments.
- Firecrackers contain heavy metals which are toxic to the human body and the amount of magnesium in the air goes up by 22x, which poses a significant threat to all forms of life.
- The noise pollution also rises during the festival and in extreme cases, can permanently damage one’s hearing.
However, there are a few measures you can undertake to steer clear of the excessive pollutants present in the air:
- Limit the amount of time you spend outdoors even while exercising. This is because the air remains contaminated, days after all the festivities get over and the pollutants take a very long time to dissipate.
- Even on the road, drive with the windows of your car rolled up to avoid intake of adulterated air and use a face mask if you are a two-wheeler rider.
- Plant a lot of green plants inside your house as they purify the air you are breathing and ensure a supply of fresh oxygen.
- Install an air purifier in the room to make sure you breathe in fresh, uncontaminated oxygen when you sleep. The air purifier will also help in lessening your respiratory complications.
Also, in case you notice any respiratory or breathing problem, it is advisable that you consult a pulmonologist, to rule out serious health issues.