Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ishani ChakravartyYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have a big beautiful eyes but for 1 year I'm facing problem with Very Deep Under Eyes for both eyes and dark circles it's looking ugly and very tired all the time, if I had good sleep also it's looking very tried. Sometimes I can feel pressure on the under eye. How to get rid on it natural at home without surgery. Please help me with good tips.
I am 23 years old, I am facing hair fall problem since many months. Somebody advised me to use mintop. It's from Dr. Reddy' s brand. I am curious to know how efficient it is as it is recommended by many dermatologist. How will I ensure if its effective on me? is it really good solution for hair fall problems?
Is it save to do hair transplants coz my husband is having little baldness from middle any good suggestions please suggest.
I am losing my hair since long now and now this is become a worry for me. Any measures to control same?
I want dense and thick hairs but somewhere in front I have little bit less hairs. I want that my hairs should thick so please suggest something.
My inner thighs (both left and right) has some patches of skin growth, presently in the size of a rice grain. Itching occurs when sweating and nothing when dry. I have one or two such thing on my right and left forearms also. I am male, age is 63 years, diabetic (controlled with tabs). Please help with remedies. Thanks.
The rate of my hair loss is increasing day by day. I have used different hair oils and herbals, but there is no change. Is there any remedy to reduce the rate of my hair loss?
He is getting small wounds in head, is it because of dandruff. They are irritating him and headache.
There would only be a handful of people who are happy with the way their skin looks. While acne and pimples are the concerns at a younger age, but with age the concerns shift to dark circles and pigmentation. Both light and dark pigments become worrisome, and one continuously looks for ways to manage them.
The skin has a pigment called melanin, which is responsible for the color; more the melanin component, darker the skin complexion. This can either decrease or increase and can affect people of any age or gender. Whether or not you will be a victim of pigmentation depends on genetics, sun exposure, skin care regime, hormonal changes (puberty, pregnancy), stress levels and hormonal changes. While hyperpigmentation is very common with old age, hypopigmentation is not very normal and it is advisable to seek medical attention to rule out more serious underlying diseases. The most common types of hyperpigmentation include:
- Lentigo: It is also known as multiple freckles, if caused exclusively due to sun exposure, it is called solar lentigines or dark spots or age spots.
- Melasma: This is caused by hormonal changes, especially during pregnancy.
- Minimizing sun damage is the first and most important step in reducing onset and severity of pigmentation. Use a sunscreen that at least has an SPF of 15 regularly. It is not just on sunny days that the sun causes damage. If you are heading out (even cloudy days), it means the sun can damage you. Avoid sun exposure as much as possible if you know you are prone to pigmentation.
- Regular use of scrubs and exfoliators ensures the buildup of dead cells is removed, which itself leads to hyperpigmentation in many people. For dry or sensitive skin, exfoliate 1 to 2 times a week. For oily skin, exfoliate 2 to 3 times a week. Try to avoid scrubs on acne as the abrasive effect can worsen the condition.
Treatment for Hyperpigmentation-
Pigmentation issues run in the family and if your mother and grandmother had it, it is very likely you are prone for hyperpigmentation too. In these cases, aggressive skin care routine can help improve appearance. Ensure that the skin care products used contain at least an SPF of 15 and other active ingredients like alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs). The glycolic and lactic acids are examples of AHAs, which aid in removing dead cells that form on the skin. This produces a clearer skin with lesser discoloration. Vitamin C and E and kojic acid are also effective for treating hyperpigmentation. Other dermatological treatments-
- Chemical Peels: Chemical Peels are a more intensive treatment used in cases of more persistent pigmentation or to hasten the lightening effects of the topical prescription products. Peels work by exfoliating the upper-most layer of your skin and the dark area with it. There are many different types of peels and they are usually solutions that the dermatologist applies to the skin.
- Medication: Topical treatments such as hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream, GA, and trichloroacetic acid. Skin whitening products are used for clinical treatment of postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.
In addition to these, ensure you eat a healthy diet with loads of fresh fruits and vegetables, stay hydrated, reduce sun exposure, and you surely will have be able to deal with pigmentation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Some black shade on my nose and below the eyes area and it's spreading regularly kindly suggest me any tube or any other medicines. Thanking you.
Hi Dr. Dear Sir I had too many Pimples but I started taken medicines as a result my pimples problem is Going away but now the problem is its marks. My face is slightly red around chick thats pimples red marks which is not going. So how can I get relief from that marks of pimples?
I am consistently having boils in intergluteal cleft, I left it to heal itself but it's been over 2 months still they are persistent. Please kindly advice medical cure for this.
Sir/mam she is suffering from burning under feet's at night before sleeping and during sleep from last 4 to 5 years. She wake up many times in a single night due to this problem. I am very worried about her. Please tell me the solution for this. And also tell me why it is happening.
I am 20 years old. I have pimples and holes all over the face with black spots. I was thinking to use evion face cream. Any suggestions why. I was getting pimples. Any answers.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
Ave black spots as well as pimples on my back I used scrap removal creme but no changes in 4 months what should I do.
Mere Pedro me dared hot a hair, jab me rat me soya hu tab, iska pay muje batavo Please doctor help me for this quarry.
Scabies is a disorder of the skin that is caused by tiny mites known as Sarcoptes scabies. The condition takes the form of an itchy pimple-like rash on the surface of skin that is formed when the microscopic mites burrow into the skin where they lay eggs and reproduce over a span of several weeks. It is a highly contagious disease as the mites can easily pass from one person to another through shared clothing or bedding.
How to treat scabies with homeopathy?
Homeopathy is a wonderful science that treats diseases with natural and safe medicines. In scabies, Homeopathy is the best alternative treatment option as Homeopathic medicines are very competent in treating this kind of infection. They stimulate the disease fighting mechanism of the body to fight scabies. As the healing system of the body is strengthened, the disease is completely eradicated. Its holistic approach attacks the infection at the root and prevents recurrence of the disease. Some of the homeopathic medicines used to treat scabies are as follows:
- Sulphur: This is the most commonly prescribed medication for outbreaks of scabies. It treats skin that is itchy and irritated, especially if it worsens with the application of water or heat. Sulphur is a great remedy for symptoms that get aggravated during the night due to high sensitivity and if the skin is prone to pimples and eruptions.
- Sepia: Sepia is a popular and effective remedy for scabies in cases where the skin feels itchy but scratching provides no relief. Often, the symptoms worsen when the patient is exposed to open air, wherein this homeopathic medicine is a useful cure.
- Arsenic Album: This homeopathic medicine is prescribed when scabies leads to the skin becoming hypersensitive and violently itchy. Soreness, burning sensations and dryness are often accompanying symptoms and the skin may even begin to peel off in large scales. All these symptoms are treated by arsenic album.
- Causticum: The symptoms of scabies respond well to causticum, especially when the condition occurs in the folds of the skin, between the thighs and the fingers. The intense itching, burning and redness are treated by causticum in a very efficient manner.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for scabies. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.