Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Irani Faram EYour feedback matters!
Everybody is particular about how they look. Skin care has assumed great importance compared to a couple of decades ago. With skin care assuming so much, everybody talks of cleansing, scrubbing, toning, moisturising, what not! what we need to realise is that anything in excess is bad. Talking of scrubbing, it has been promoted as the perfect way to remove dead cells from the skin and keep the skin looking young and radiant. After scrubbing, the skin that is left behind is brand-new with fresh cells from the underlying layers, which glows out. While this is the intention, there are questions to ask in terms of – what to use for scrubbing, how often, ideal products, etc.
Scrubbing can be done chemically or physically. Chemical scrubs include products like salicylic acid, glycolic acid, lactic acid, or citric acid. These remove the dried, dead cells from the top and leave a radiant, fresh skin behind.
Physical scrubs use salts, almond, apricot peel, and tiny beads of microplastics. These microbeads are not just harmful to the skin, they are also not eco-friendly. Though not visible to the naked eye, these microbeads, as the name suggests, are small, tiny plastic beads which act as a physical scrub and help in removing the top layers of the skin. They get into the water as sediments and cannot be removed. When accumulated over a period of time, there is no way to get rid of them. Many products have been banned in australia and the usa for containing these microbeads.
Another thing to consider when scrubbing is the type of skin. While oily skin can take a little more of the scrubbing load, dry, flaky skin should not be over-scrubbed. Exfoliating agents can be used once in a while, but if you ask a dermatologist if your skin needs daily exfoliation, the answer would be a big no. Oily skin can benefit from gel-based scrubs, while dry skin can benefit from cream-based ones. If you have sensitive skin, use a mild exfoliating agent. There are multiple products being promoted as daily scrubs which are easy on the skin, but it is best to stay away from these for regular use.
Alternatively, there are multiple regular home/kitchen products which can be used as scrubs. Gram flour, milk cream, lime juice, sugar, oatmeal, ground coffee can be used periodically to get the same scrubbing effects. What is also important to note is it is not just the face that needs the scrubbing. Surfaces with thicker skin like the knees and elbows also benefit from occasional scrubbing.
The mantra is to not overdo it, but go with moderation and get the benefits of scrubbing with a glowing, radiant skin.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Advice for an expectant mother is plentiful to come around from family and friends. While it may be well intentional, it may not be the best advice possible. One of the things most people would advise is to avoid exercising as it may affect the health of the mother and the baby. This is in fact a very wrong advice as expectant mothers like everyone need exercise to stay fit and healthy. The only difference from normal people is that certain types of exercises may not be suitable for pregnant women and the nature of exercises may change from trimester to trimester.
Some of the best exercises during pregnancy
- Swimming: This one is in fact recommended by doctors as the best and the safest exercise for pregnant women. Swimming is beneficial because of the following reasons:
- It has immense cardiovascular benefits
- Large muscles groups are exercised in the process
- Helps reduce swelling and inflammation
- Helps with low back pain and relieves the stress on your spine which is caused due to the extra weight you are carrying around.
- Walking: This is one of the safest exercise during any trimester as long as you don’t over exert yourself. Walking promotes blood circulation, improves heart health and is all around a good exercise for pregnant women. The key is to invest in a good pair of shoes for walking so as to prevent the knees and legs from jarring and also to support your upper body properly.
- Stretching: In the later trimesters, it may be a little difficult to manage other exercises as your body becomes heavier and movement may bse limited. However, you can do basic stretching exercises to improve mobility and also help with circulation.
- Weight training exercises: Certain exercises which utilize the weight of your body rather than external weight can be performed easily. You can also use lighter weights to help keep muscle tone and strength. A few examples of these exercises are:
- Side leg lifting: Lie on one side and lift one leg up slightly higher than hip height. You can use your forearm for balance in this case. Keep lifting the leg and hold it there for a few seconds and do the same motions a few times for repetitions.
- Curling and lifting: Sit on a chair with your back straight with 2 to 4 kilo weights in each hand and curl up your hands up to the shoulders. Sit with your legs spread apart but comfortably. Also start the curl with your fore arms at a 90° angle from your elbows.
- Yoga and meditation: Yoga is possibly one of the most well suited regimens during pregnancy. Pranayama and meditation can definitely help you be more at peace and also manage many of the changes happening in your body in a much better fashion.
It is best to consult with a specialist or a physiotherapist who can give you a step by step guide as to the exercises you can do and the precautions that you need to take while performing them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 20 yrs old my period are regular every month but flow is not proper only one day or 1/2 days. 1 pad is enough for 1st day please help me thanking you.
Sir ek breast se kam breastfeeding hona ya bilkul bhi na hona kya breast cancer ka risk badati hai aur kya breast injury ki bajay se breastfeeding kam ho jaati hai meri wife ko left breast me 2 month pahle injury ho gayi thi aur blood discharge bhi hua tha but ab jab bo left breast ko apne hath se thoda tej dabati to right breast ki tulna me kam milk nikalta hai sir mujhe bahut chinta hai ki kahi future me unke left breast ki injury carcinoma me na badal jay jabki vo 5 month ki pregnant hai aur ye unki first pregnancy hai meri shadi 5 june 2015 ko hue thi immediately advice de.
I am a 25 year old girl. I am having a problem related to my menstural cycle. I am having my menarche itself. Initially my periods last for about 15-20 days with heavy flow for about 1 week and sometimes even more than that. It stops only after taking medicine from a doctor. Later I contacted some other doctor who did all the tests and ultrasound but she didn't found any abnormality. She prescribed some iron supplements and a medicine named ovaral l. By taking that medicine continuously for 3 months my problem was solved. I was getting normal periods on every 5th day of the last pack of tablets. But after that I thought not to continue the tablets as it seems abnormal. Why I am not getting it in a natural way and also that tablet was a contraceptive so I got scared and asked my doctor if I can leave it. She told to leave and see. After leaving I was not getting periods at all for 2 -3 months. Then again I contacted my doctor that time she gave me another tablet named deviry. This was for starting my periods. After eating 5 tablets, my period got started. And end after 6 days. Which is normal. But again for 2-3 months I didn't got. Again I contacted then again she told me to take that tablet again. I did that and tha same thing happened. All normal. But now the situation became like I am not getting periods at all without that tablet even if I leave for 4 months. I feel it is totally unnatural way to get periods. It may affect my health and my further sexual life. Can you pls advice me how I can get my periods naturally or is there side effect of the tablets I have taken. And whether this will create problem in conceiving. I am going to get married by next ur. I want this problem to be solved before that. So that I won't get any complication in my pregnancy. Please advice.
My hymen is already broken while fingering. And it's been two days when I'm having sex with my partner I'm bleeding badly. If my hymen is already broken then why am I bleeding?
Hello sir, My age is 32 ,am hyperthyroid (Graves but no symptoms) and in my second pregnancy I did not use any medicine (previously I was using methimez5 mg,). Hen I was using methimez 20 I went severely hypo my TSH raised to 23.1 and on 10 mg TSH went to 7.5 so I was on 5 mg and I conceived, so my endocrinologist stopped medication and my thyroid levels normalized in pregnancy and doctor said I was in remission .Now after eight months I checked and my TSH is less than 0.01,free t3 is 11.4,free t4 is 4.2,total t3 is 2.7, t4 is 15.4, will the disease be cured permanently, I get muscle aches when I use methimez, I have two kids, please help.
What is vaginal dryness and how can it affect you?
Vaginal dryness is often a result of menopause and it is capable of affecting women of any age. Although it feels like a minor irritation, it can have a huge impact on a person's sex life. Normally, the vaginal walls are lubricated with a layer of clear fluid. The 'oestrogen' hormone is used to maintain this thin layer of fluid, thus keeping the vaginal lining thick, elastic and healthy. However, menopause brings about a condition known as vaginal atrophy, which is a drop in the levels of oestrogen and this greatly reduces the level of vaginal moisture that is available. Improper lubrication of the vagina can result in painful sex which in turn affects libido, arousal and desire.
Treatment: The most common treatment for this condition resulting from low levels of oestrogen is Topical oestrogen therapy. In this, hormones which are no longer secreted by the body are replaced by the topical oestrogen. Even though Topical Oestrogen Therapy is helpful in relieving the symptoms of vaginal dryness, the treatment pales in comparison to oral oestrogen hormone therapy (HT).
Usually, women mostly use one of the three types of vaginal oestrogen listed below:
- Vaginal oestrogen tablet: A tablet is inserted into the vagina using a disposable applicator. The procedure is carried out once daily during the initial two weeks of treatment, after which it can be inserted twice a week.
- Vaginal oestrogen ring: A soft and flexible ring is inserted inside the vagina, either by the patient or the doctor. Oestrogen, in the form of a steady stream, is then released directly to the vaginal tissues by this ring. Replacement of this ring is done every three months.
- Vaginal oestrogen cream: An applicator is used to apply cream to the vagina daily. The frequency of application can be reduced as per doctor's advice.
Side effects and aftercare: Side effects such as breast pain and vaginal bleeding are common when any form of oestrogen product is used. Vaginal moisturisers should be used to keep the vagina lubricated. Use of water-based lubricants during sex can make it more enjoyable. Use of bubble baths, scented soaps, douches and lotions around the sensitive area of the vagina should be avoided as these products can worsen the problem.
If a woman is two months pregnant, then what should she not eat and how can she take care of her pregnancy and what should she do for her health?
We had protected sex few days back. But unfortunately her menses is delayed by 5 days from expected day so can you suggest me a tablet which avoid pregnancy.
When is the best time to take a pregnancy test? My periods were supposed to come on 15th march but haven't. Everything happened on 6th march.
I was suffering from endometriosis and underwent laproscopy last year. Now doctor prescribed me three months course of progynova (estradiol valerate) from day 1-14 ubhipene (clomphine) 3-7 and duphaston from 15-28. Is it safe to take these medicines or endometriosis will have any effect. What are the chances of conceiving. Last month I took this but was of no use.
Me (23) and my partner (22) planning to have sex for the first time. I have few doubts and now putting in front of you. 1. Shall I use condom or ask her to take pills to avoid getting pregnant. If pills is still good, which pills is good and any disadvantages? 2. Is there any energy drink to stay long time in bed? Red bull is fine? 3. What are the other things we need to take care. Please give me solution doctors. Thank You all.
I am 23 years old. I have a severe pain in my stomach when I get my periods. My pain is unbearable. Please suggest what can be done.
This is regarding a problem developed recently after my first sex. There's a burning sensation and at times it itch so much internally. What must be the problem and what should I do? One thing I'm sure, my husband doesn't have any STDs and since the itch started couple of days back I've washed it properly. Please suggest some cream or means to cure it. Thank you.
One of the effects of ageing is the double chin that is caused due to extra fluid or fat under the chin. It could also be due to increased weight, sagging skin, or merely genetic. Given that it produces an aged appearance, people with double chin are constantly trying to find ways to hide it. There are two main muscles in the neck area, and toning them helps to remove the double chin appearance. There are grooming tips like specific kinds of clothes, hairstyle, and makeup to conceal it. There are also some exercises which are believed to reduce the prominence of the double chin. However, these are temporary measures, and for a permanent solution, surgical correction is the only method of choice.
Some of the new methods to get rid of the double chin are listed below with some important additional details. Talk to your surgeon and understand what to expect before going ahead with the surgical correction.
- Kybella: Approved by FDA, this is the new wonder drug to correct double chin. With no surgery involved, all it takes is about half an hour. The area is injected with a local anaesthetic and then Kybella. This contains deoxycholic acid, which is an enzyme that the body also produces naturally. This helps break down fat cells and so after a couple of weeks, the double chin gradually begins to literally melt away. Depending on the desired results, repeat injections might be required at monthly intervals. There could be mild swelling in the initial couple of days, which will subside shortly. The result would be a more defined chin line, producing a slimmer appearance.
- CoolMini: This involves freezing the fat and massaging it to remove the double chin. This is a form of chin sculpting and is preferred in people with good skin tightness. Results will be evident in about 1 to 3 months.
- Skin tightening using infrared light: A beam of infrared light is aimed at the double chin which causes tightening of the skin by stimulating the underlying collagen and elastin layers.
- Chin liposuction: In people with excess fat deposition, chin liposuction where the excess fat is suctioned off is a good treatment option. This is a time-tested method and produces results more immediately than the above-mentioned procedures.
Subsequent to any of the above procedures, it is better to make some lifestyle changes so that the double chin does not return. Weight management and regular exercise can go a long way in preventing recurrence of the double chin. Speak to your doctor to draw up a weight management plan and an exercise regimen that can help in the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
Fat transfer also known as fat grafting
- Fat grafting (also known as fat transfer) is a process that involves harvesting fat cells from other parts of the body, purifying them, and them injecting them into the face for various conditions such as scars, dark circles, lip pout, wrinkles etc.
- This is done to increase the volume in different areas of face.
- Fat is present in abundance and accepted by body without any complications.