Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Irani Aspi JamshedYour feedback matters!
My daughter has very high fever, above 102 degrees, more for more than 48 hrs. Have given her crocin syrup 4 times in a day, also done Patti on forehead, but fever is not coming down. What disease could it be. Also need to show someone in Sohna road Gurgaon - pls suggest.
My son 8 Months old, he is not taking milk and having the tendency of vomiting since birth. What should I do and prescribe the medications.
Hi doctor, I am breastfeeding my 1 year old baby girl. I would like to stop it asap. But she asks it more nowadays. She doesn't drink cow's milk either in feeding bottle r in glass. Suggest me some tips how to make her forget my milk.
Doctor i am having 7 month baby girl. She is having loose motion. Actually she got fresh 6-7 times a day. So what will be solution for that?
My baby is 1years 3months. The problem with her is that she just does not like the in between snack i. E banana milk shake. She vomits most of her meals too. But prefers drinking milk alot. Her weight is 11.92kgs. Im just scared tht she will loose her appetite soon as she was a very good eater. Can I add something in the milk? Im very tensed. Please help. Thanks in advance.
I have a baby girl.At the time of birth her weight was 3 kg. But after that she was not able to digest mother milk. .So doctor sai to stop feeding for some days. I hv stop feeding for 20 days. Then started feeding. But my baby's weight not gaining properly. Now she is of 13 months old and weight is 7.8 kg. Shebis not eating properly. And some days if she eat properly then vomiting due to access food. I think she is not able to digest food. My doctor gas given medicine SP LYCIN for weight gain.Should I continue that drops for long time? I also want to know How much weight should be for a baby girl at 13 months age? What should I give her to eat every day for calories gain? What kind of problem will be there if weight is less?
I am 29years old suffering female, suffering from back pain since 4month. I am a breastfeeding mother. I applied pain relief ointments and anti inflammatory ointment not getting any relief. So kindly suggest any medical advice.
Can I use pure coconut oil for daily use cooking to my one year old daughters food? Is it healthy for her?
My baby is still suffering from fever due to urinary track infection. He is having antibiotic (moxclav 228. 5 mg)and paracetamol (fepanil 125). I'm giving those medicines as per the doctor said. But fever is still coming frequently .plz help me.
My son is 13 months old. Lastly we have given him vaccination in 9th month. Currently the chart says there is a dose at 12th month. But doctor said it will be given 18th month. Pls help.
My daughter with 09 years old while getting pain accidentally while playing by hitting on some where, losing Conscious and Sometimes starts Vomiting for few times. Please tell me same is the symptoms of any diseases or any disorder, if so which specialist doctor I have to consult. Please give a reply Soon thanks.
Hi, Today I have got my female baby (10 weeks) administered with Rotavac oral drops at hospital. After few drops, the bottle fell down and so got a new Rotavac vaccine and poured full 0.5ml dose in to her mouth. Now I am suspicious that she got overdose (not sure how much ml went inside her mouth from first bottle). Please let me know, if this overdose leads to any problems. Is there anything that I can do now to overcome this overdosage. Thanks,
Having a baby brings about a number of changes in your life, including a change in the way you look. The nine months see you putting on additional weight, which you try to shed off once you deliver. To help you get back into shape, here are some very effective and simple ways that you can follow:
Losing weight doesn't mean you need to get started on a vigorous exercise regimen; even a simple walk around your apartment block can help you to lose your baby weight. Whether it's going up and down the stairs for 15 minutes or pushing the stroller for about 30 minutes, such activities can bring your body's calorie-burning capacity back on track.
- Breastfeed to burn about 600-800 calories everyday - Breastfeeding is not only good for your newborn but also for you. Breastfeeding your child can help you to lose weight considerably as it's a great way of burning off all the baby fat.
- Lift weights to speed up your body's metabolism - Lifting weights can aid in improving your body's metabolism, thereby helping you to lose your baby weight effectively. By adding weight training to your fitness regimen, you're in fact helping yourself to build muscle mass and losing weight in the process. To do this, you don't need any gym equipment, for instance, you can do lunges while taking your baby around in a stroller. Or do them while holding your child close to your chest.
- Always snack healthily - Having healthy snacks in place of high-calorie sugary foods can help you to get back your post-pregnancy shape. Studies show that yogurt and low-fat milk can help in weight loss as the calcium content present in these two foods block a hormone that assists the body in storing fat. Moreover, consuming foods high in fiber like raisins and figs can help in improving your digestion.
- Get adequate sleep - Sleeping is another way in which you can shed off those extra kilos. Try to sleep whenever you get the time as it'll help to keep you from binging on junk foods as well as keep your energy levels in check.
Related Tip: Benefits of Breastfeeding for Baby & Mother
My mother is 68 years she has been diagnosed for lung fibrosis she was taking lumenac 600mg 3 times + iveprid 10mg for last 2years no progression in disease but her saturation was 90 later fell to 60 on excretion now she is taking prifenex 800mg a day and Benz for cough her saturation is 84 while sitting and 65 while walking she is on 2lpm oxygen also her feet and face is swelling but her echo test is normal . We like to know the below questions: 1. Why is her feet and face swelling 2. Can she take both lumenac and prifenex together 3. Her pft test are excellent but still saturation is not returning. Why? 4. Her X-ray shows only each lung is 35% white shading rest looks black. Please answer our question. Regards Imthiyas Ahmed
Sir/Mam I am 16 years old. Sir/Mam, my nose suddenly broken when I was eating food. My nose is bleeding so much. Some peoples saying that my vein is broken, please help.
I am 25 year old with a two months old daughter. I am breast feeding her. After every feeding my little one cries alot as the milk is not enough for her. I am so worried. Please suggest any supplement to increase milk secretion.
Hi, I have a 19 month old daughter. She is always throwing tantrums and gets upset over small things. She cries a lot when we don't give her whatever she desires and eventually has her way. I don't want to spoil her and need help to understand her psychology and control her behavior.
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic condition, which primarily affects the lungs and persistence of this condition might lead to severe breathing problems and loss of lung function. If you have inherited two copies of the defective gene from your parents, you are likely to suffer from this disease. Cystic Fibrosis causes a buildup of thick mucus in your lungs and affects other organs such as the kidneys, pancreas and the intestines in your body.
It isn't very uncommon as one out of fifty people in Asia is a carrier of this disease. The disease gets its name from the cysts formed in the pancreas of the sufferer. However, this disease can be detected by testing the quantity of salt present in your sweat. Prenatal testing for Fibrosis is another method to test if your newborn is likely to contract a lung infection.
Complications faced due to cystic fibrosis include:
- Serious sinus infections
- Serious damage in lungs due to inflammation and incessant infection
- Complication in breaking down protein
- Respiratory tract contamination
If you observe one or more of the following symptoms, you might be suffering from Cystic Fibrosis:
- Salty-tasting skin
- Bowel obstruction caused due to meconium ileus (obstruction of the bowels)
- Mucus amiss in your alveoli
- Persistent coughing with phlegm discharge
- Shortness of breath while engaging in a physical task
- Stunted or measly growth despite healthy lifestyle habits
- Infertility in males
If you're suffering from cystic fibrosis, there isn't any particular treatment which is recommended due to the varying degrees of it found in people. However, consultation with a medical practitioner and an individualised treatment plan can help you minimise the risks and lead a better life.
Some therapies you can opt for are:
- Airway clearance: This therapy helps sift the thick layer of mucus around your organs. Some people have also chosen to use the inflatable vest which vibrates around your chest, thereby, thinning and loosening the layer of mucus.
- Inhaled medicines: Another breakthrough in the field of respiratory medicine, this method requires the patient to sniff a liquid consisting of mist, which is inhaled with the aid of a nebuliser. This method is known to be beneficial for opening airways.
- Pancreatic enzyme supplements: Along with multivitamins, these specially designed supplements are known to cater to your pancreas with the much-needed nutrients and they need to be consumed with every meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.