Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Indumathi KuberanYour feedback matters!
I am 61 diabetic for the last 27 years and on insulin for the last15 years. I have a problem in my right foot. Doctor called it charkoot foot. Is there any treatment for it?
My dad blood sugar level is 300 now hes having fever and kidney problem too so what food should he eat and suggest some mild medication.
My fasting sugar levels are not below 140 irrespective of diet and medication. .How to control the levels.
My father is having diabetes his age is 60 his sugar level is between 160 to 200, he is taking medicine regularly, but he seems too weak than previous. His wt is reduced I am having concern about his health please suggest me the way that he will be fit n fine.
Diabetes or madhumeha, is a serious disease that affects many people worldwide today. Diabetes, which is referred to as maha-roga is the excess of glucose in blood. As a result, you cannot consume sweetened food, get excess urges to drink water or urinate. However, Ayurveda has the most effective solutions to control diabetes naturally.
Read on to know what best natural medications are there to cure diabetes.
- Gymnema Sylvestre or Gurmar: It is one of the most effective remedies to diabetes. It is a hypoglycemic component, which makes it ideal for treating diabetes. It helps in reducing dependency on insulin by regeneration of residual beta cells of the pancreas.
- Coccinia indica: It is another herb, which regulates diabetes very well. This plant contains components, which after consumption of carbohydrates, prevent the sudden increase in blood glucose level. It can also prevent any adverse effect on other organs of the body due to diabetes. It is found to reduce oxidative stress amongst diabetes patients by surging the vitamin C levels in the plasma, and also prevents the fluctuations in fatty acid levels amongst diabetes patients.
- Azadirachta Indica or neem: It is one of the most common household antiseptics and a wonderful cure for diabetes. It enables high glucose tolerance, and also prevents diabetic neuropathy, which may cause severe fatalities.
- Morus Indica or Mulberry: It is a food that is experimentally proven to reduce diabetes. Daily consumption of mulberry leaves for 15 days at a stretch are beneficial in limiting approximately 38% of diabetes cases among its consumers. It also protects you against oxidative stress by building the antioxidant defense system of the body and is also known to correct any lipid profile abnormality. It also delays the possibility of the appearance of cataract as a result of diabetes.
- Momordica Charantia or bitter gourd: It is another common remedy found in most Indian households. Even though it is extremely bitter in taste, its medicinal properties are exemplary, and are extensively used in Ayurvedic medicines. It also targets the beta cells of the pancreas to help boost up insulin secretion by increasing their number. Bitter gourd also helps to release more insulin by way of regeneration of the pancreas.
- Eugenia Jambolana or Indian Jamun: This Ayurvedic cure reduces blood sugar level and increases the release of insulin. The extract of "jamun" seeds help in healing of wounds quicker, usually impaired by diabetes.
- Trigonella Foenum or methi: It is another household ingredient that serves medicinal purposes in case of diabetes patients. Even 1gm of fenugreek seeds could reduce diabetes sharply in a short span of 2 months. This benefit is because of the presence of diosgenin, a compound with hypoglycemic properties.
However, all these medicinal plants should be consumed under proper guidance from professional practitioners only. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hi I am 29 years old, height 5.8 and weight 78 kg. I had increased uric acid level before 1year. I consulted with doctor and he prescribed tablet goutcheck and pan-40 & then I had relief. After 3-4 months I stopped medicines. Now i'm suffering from back pain in morning and some times I get tingling sensation in feets.
I am bency 34 year old man, last week I check my cholesterol see the Lipid Profile details cholesterol - 181 Triglycerides - 235 HDL - 36 LDL -99 VLDL -47 Uric Acid - 7.0 In this report Triglycerides increased any problem with that if need to consult a doctor any another option please replay.
Hello. My father is 50 years old he is suffering from diabetics he is having 427 so what food we give and how can we control.
If sugar level in body is increased to 165 after meal then what is the proper diet to control back and reduce it back .Suggest do & do nots for eating i.e what to eat what not to eat .Can boiled egg is recommended? explain complete diet includes breakfast, lunch & dinner.
Hi doc. I have a heart beat of 120 at sleeping time or normal time. And about near 140 at the time of exercise. So what should I do? Is this a thing to worry about. Please suggest. I am also diabetic. Thank you.
I am 29 yr male, I have thyroid problem and using thyroxine sodium 100 mg tablets and my weight is 96 should I have increase the power or to continue with the same.?
I am a female aged 58 years and suffering with diabetes. I an also suffering with neuropathic pain in my feet, legs and also with tingling hands. Kindly advise me treatment.
My TSH is 4.8 microIU/ml and T4 and T3 is normal. And Vit B12 is 196 pg/mL and vit D level is 5.9 Do I need Further more investigations. What is the reason for these low levels and what should be my treatment line.
Can I start using it Even though my though my thyroid is in control but Ian still obese and feel tried after doing little work or all also now a days Even i am not getting my period cycle since 6 months and Ian facing vaginal infection.
I am a 35 year old woman with diabetes and obesity. I have conceived for the second time, 11 weeks with low lying placenta, doctor says it will miscarriage or c section. I am panic. My first delivery was normal. I Don't Want a c section. Any chances? Please answer. Thank you.
Omega 3 fatty acids during pregnancy. Do I need it?
1) if I take omega 3 fatty acid supplements during pregnancy, it will help my baby's brain development better?
There is not enough evidence that supplements help to boost a baby's brain power. Omega3's in a mom's diet are definitely beneficial though. Taking fish oil capsules does not have same health benefits eating fish as along with omega 3, fish are good sources of proteins, calcium and vitamins b and d which one doesn't get from fish oil capsules.
If at all someone is taking these supplements, it should be taken at the start of a meal to avoid the fishy taste and burps.
2) are there any proven medical benefits of fish oil supplements?
Fish oil have omega 3's in the form of dha and epa. They are good for people who have high triglyceride levels as it helps to lower the triglyceride level in the blood but one must take at least 2-4 g per day to have this effect. How much dha we get out of a particular brand of capsule is not known as fish oil is sold over the counter and is not regulated by drug agencies. Fish oil may also help in controlling diabetes. They may also reduce complications in a person with known heart disease. If you have none of the conditions above it is much better to simply eat fish as and when you want.
Please remember that may also act as blood thinners. People who are on ecosprin, or heparin or any other medication for heart disease should take it only on prescription and be monitored regularly.
3) can I get omega3's from any other source?
While fish is a good source of omega 3's, it is not readily available in many parts of our country. Also vegetarians can get it from walnuts, dark leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, algae oil or flaxseed oils. But vegetarian sources are poor replacements as compared to fish.
Krill oil which is made from shrimps has as much omega 3's as fish oil.
4) how much fish should I eat to get enough omega 3's?
It is recommended to eat one cup fish twice a week and up to 4 cups of cooked fish are safe for consumption. Frequent fish eaters should mind the mercury contained in certain fish. Shrimps, tuna, salmon and catfish are generally low in mercury while mackerel, sharks and swordfish have high mercury content. Pregnant women should definitely try to reduce the mercury content in their diet.