Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Indoo Ambulkar
Submit a review for Dr. Indoo AmbulkarYour feedback matters!
Hpv vaccine update
Three different vaccines, which vary in the number of HPV types they contain, are available
- A bivalent vaccine, targets hpv types 16 and 18
- A quadrivalent hpv vaccine, targets hpv types 6, 11, 16, and 18
- A 9-valent vaccine, targets the same hpv types as the quadrivalent vaccine (6, 11, 16, and 18) as well as types 31, 33, 45, 52, and 58
- If cost and availability are not issues, use 9-valent vaccine for individuals for whom hpv vaccination is indicated
- Infection with human papillomavirus&nbsp;(hpv) types 16, 18, 31, 33, 45, 52, and 58 is implicated in approximately 90 percent of invasive cervical cancers.
- Two types associated with genital warts are (6 and 11)
- Routine immunization should be offered to boys and girls aged 11 to 12, but can be administered as early as nine years of age. Catch-up vaccination should be offered to males between the ages of 13 to 21 and females between 13 to 26 years who have not been previously vaccinated. Repeat vaccination with the 9-valent vaccine is likely not warranted for individuals who have completed a series with a different HPV vaccine.
- Persistent viral infection with carcinogenic HPV types causes virtually all cancer of the cervix and most cases of anal cancer. The carcinogenic types, HPV 16 and HPV 18, which are targeted by the current HPV vaccines, cause approximately 70 percent of all cervical cancers worldwide and 72 percent of anal cancers. Hpv types 31, 33, 45, 52, and 58 are estimated to cause an additional 19 percent of invasive cervical cancers. Hpv 6 and HPV 11 cause approximately 90 percent of genital warts.
- Hpv immunization is most effective among individuals who have not yet been infected with HPV (eg, before sexual debut).
- The quadrivalent vaccine and 9-valent are administered in three doses at time zero and at two and six months of follow-up. The bivalent vaccine is administered in three doses at time zero, and at one and six months of follow-up.
- Cervical cancer screening is recommended for any woman 21 years of age or older.
- Clinicians should be aware that HPV immunization is not effective in clearing cytologically evident disease or HPV infection that is already present.
My aunt has initial stage of Breast cancer & have removed left breast. Now Chemo therapy needs to be started. Doctor suggested Cup therapy or Vein therapy. Kindly suggest which is better therapy?
I am suffering from hodgkin lymphoma and going through chemotherapy. Please give me some guidelines.
We hear a lot about cases where they say the patient in the tertiary stage or advanced in cancer. How can one detect cancer early?
According to the American Cancer Society and Colon Cancer Alliance, colon cancer, which is also referred to as colorectal cancer is regarded as the third most commonly diagnosed cancer type as well as the second most important reason of cancer death in the U.S. affecting both men and women. But thankfully, colon cancer can be prevented by changing the food habits.
It is also important to get regular screenings through colonoscopy, which will help you to determine the early or precancerous stage that can be treated with the removal of cancerous cells. Colorectal cancer is deemed to be cancer-related to the food habits and it can be prevented by correcting the same. Here are the top ways through which you can help your condition naturally:
- Reduce the amount of red meat consumption: Health studies reveal that people who eat red meat on a regular basis are more prone to developing colon cancer. This is because the chemicals required to digest this food damage the DNA material which in turn is the main reason behind the cause of cancer.
- Increase the amount of garlic intake: By consuming more garlic, you can reduce the risk of developing different types of cancer, particularly those of the gastrointestinal tract. Garlic is rich in anti-bacterial properties that can block the pathways of cancer causing elements and boost the repair as well as reduce the proliferation of cells. It is also high in selenium and sodium content which are beneficial for the overall health.
- Consume all types of plant antioxidants: The bright coloured fruits and vegetables, as well as herbs and spices, can greatly contribute to adding a wide array of antioxidants in your regular diet. Foods that are rich in anti-oxidants include carrots, pomegranates, cranberries, kale, broccoli, tomatoes, apples, cabbage, turmeric, sage, rosemary, saffron, purple and red grapes.
- Cook foods in olive oil: Olive oil is rich in anti-cancer properties and it helps in reducing bile acid and increasing the enzymes that can regulate the growth of the cells on the intestine lining so that tissues can be renewed. Antioxidant compounds called phenolics are present in olive oil and have also proven to be a cancer protective anti-oxidant.
- Increase the consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids: It has been reported by several types of research that a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids can reduce the occurrence of colon cancer and therefore you must eat a lot of salmon, cod, mackerel and sardines for decreasing the pro-inflammatory levels in your body.
These few alterations to your food habits can greatly help you in preventing colon cancer and you can consult a doctor for a detailed analysis and recommendation based on your individual health condition.
I suffer from right side pain in rh stomach last 4 year, ones I do ultrasound found fatty leaver grade 2.some magician used but no re-leaf pain is present. Is this develop cancer?
The testes are contained in the scrotum, a pouch of skin at the base of the penis. Surrounding the testes is a thin membrane called a tunic. Running along the near of the scrotum are the epididymide long coild ducts in which the sperms mature are stored until they migrate into the ductus beferenes on their way to the tip of the penis. The spermatic cord also runs through the scrotum consists of arteries, veins nerves. Compared to other cancers of the male organs, cancer of testicles is rare but it is most common type seen in men aged 30- 38 years.
- A lump in eiher testicles.
- Any engorgement of the testicles.
- Feeling of heaviness in the scrotum.
- A dull ache in the lower abdomen or groin.
- Engorgement tenderness of the breasts.
Some infants are born with this condition. Injury to the testicles can also cause this cancer. A child born of a mother who took estrogen hormones during pregnancy or before it can have it. This type of cancer is extremely rare in blacks. Because testicular cancer occurs in an external organ, it can be detected by finding a lump by self examination. Other signs include dull pain in the groin, abdomen or flank, enlargement of male breasts like females lumps in the neck. Cat scan, lymphangiography, blood tests, biopsy can also detect such cancers. Usually testicular cancer develops in one testicle only when the eancerous testicle is removed the other testicle takes up its functios produces enough sperms to make up the loss of one testicle. Hence it does not affect strrility or sexuality. Patient can eat anything, better vegetarian, whatever suits him.
The homeopathic treatment always symptoms signs past history, family history, personal history.