Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Indira HindujaYour feedback matters!
Reasons for late periods without pregnancy?how to find pregnancy is confirm? One time sex will cause pregnancy?
I had unprotected sex 4 days back. Since yesterday I am feeling a pain on my glans penis. I am frequent urge to urinate. I am afraid of gonorrhoea. Please help.
My wife age is 26 years, we have 1 and 1/2 month old child, can we do sex or should wait for more times. And what anti pregnancy form we should choose to avoid pregnancy.
I have my periods on 16th. It is a 31 days cycle. My boyfriend fingered me on 5th of this month. He masturbated before fingering me about 1.30 hrs before. Then after masturbating he took a bath. And then about 1.30 hr after he fingered me. He fingered me with the other hand. And he had no sperm on his hand. Any chance of getting pregnant?
Hello doctor. I am 4th month pregnant. Today morning had sever stomach pain. Vry much painful. Could not control at all. Wat would be the reason for this pain?
After first time sex h getting a lot of bleeding and pain continually. 5 days has gone but no relief in pain and bleeding please help me sir.
Hi I am 31 and had 2 mc now m trying to conceive can you please suggest the medications and how I will conceive at early.
Are you experiencing high blood pressure or hypertension during pregnancy? Hypertension is a condition in which your blood pressure levels shoot up to a level, which may cause damage to the body. In case of pregnant women, hypertension may inflict damage on both the mother and the growing baby. You require a special care for dealing with hypertension during pregnancy, irrespective of the fact whether it develops before or after conception. Here are some important facts you ought to know about hypertension and pregnancy.
There are different types of high blood pressure issues caused during pregnancy.
- Gestational hypertension: Women with this form of hypertension have high blood pressure, which develops around 20 weeks of pregnancy. There is no sign of organ damage or the presence of protein in urine. Many women with gestational hypertension develop preeclampsia eventually.
- Chronic hypertension: Chronic hypertension is the high blood pressure condition which is present before pregnancy or it may occur before 20 weeks of pregnancy. It is hard to determine high blood pressure as it does not have prominent symptoms.
- Chronic hypertension with superimposed preeclampsia: This condition is likely in women with chronic blood pressure being present from before pregnancy. During pregnancy, women with this condition develop worsened high blood pressure and protein content in the urine. Other health complications are also indicated.
- Preeclampsia: This is a pregnancy complication featured by high blood pressure along with signs of damage to other organs of the body. This happens from chronic high blood pressure and gestational hypertension. It usually sets in within 20 weeks of pregnancy. If untreated, preeclampsia can lead to several serious complications to the mother and the baby.
Risks of high blood pressure during pregnancy
High pressure during pregnancy is associated with several risks. They are as follows:
- Decreased flow of blood to the placenta: When the placenta does not receive sufficient blood, your baby will be deprived of enough oxygen and nutrients. This might cause slow growth, premature birth or low birth weight in your baby. Prematurity also causes breathing trouble in the baby.
- Placental abruption: Preeclampsia increases the risk of placental abruption, where the placenta gets separated from the inner uterine wall before delivery. Severe cases of placental abruption lead to placenta damage and heavy bleeding.
- Premature delivery: In some cases, early delivery of the baby has to be carried out for preventing some life threatening conditions.
For reducing the risk of complications caused by hypertension during pregnancy, it is important for you to consult a doctor regularly throughout pregnancy. You should take blood pressure medicines prescribed by a doctor in the most suitable dosage. You should also stay active, follow a healthy low sodium diet and stay away from smoking, alcohol and substance abuse.
Last months she had only 3 days period. N now dis months flow is very less but pain is more n more in back side n in lower abdomen. please help why this is happening please.
I am suffering from hypothyroidism and my menstrual cycle is becoming weak every month it gets over in 2 days please help me.
My sister is pregnant 6 weeks now using ivf. Doctors doubt if child brain is undeveloped. Leading to forced abortion. Please tell me which doctor to consult. My sister lives in delhi.
If you like your food sweet, but worry about calories at the same time, chances are you are leaning towards artificial sweeteners to solve your dilemma. The market is flooded with artificial sweeteners, so how do you choose one? And what are their pros and cons?
Besides weight control, artificial sweeteners are also used by people suffering from diabetes. But there is a debate as to how safe artificial sweeteners are, for normal people and diabetics alike.
You get multiple choices from aspartame to sucralose, present in stores. However, it is better to be educated about their benefits and disadvantages.
The pros and cons of most popular sweeteners are as follows:
1. Saccharin: This sugar substitute has been in the market for the longest.
a) It has zero calories
b) It does not elevate the levels of blood sugar
c) 200-700 times sweeter than normal sugar
a) It is a possible carcinogen (substances that cause cancer)
b) There is also the danger of saccharin acting as an allergen (substances that cause allergy)
2. Aspartame: It is the most commonly used sugar substitute. Almost all the food items that boast of being sugar-free have aspartame in them.
a) 160-220 times sweeter than common sugar
b) A small amount goes a long way, so calorie intake is lesser
a) Headaches, depression and cancer have been linked to aspartame use
b) Increased hunger
3. Sucralose: This sugar substitute is derived from sugar itself. It is gradually becoming the most popularly used sweetener as it is found in almost all cooked or baked foods.
a) It is heat resistant, so it is used liberally in cooking and baking
b) It has very few calories
a) Weight gain is still possible
b) It has chlorine in it, which is a carcinogen
4. Neotame: This is a new invention and is chemically related to aspartame.
a) 7000 -13000 times sweeter than common sugar with zero calories
b) Apparently, it is safe for consumption for teens, children and even for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding
a) There isn't enough research done on Neotame, therefore very little is known about it
b) Since its chemical composition is closer to aspartame, there is much controversy about "neotame" affecting people the same way as aspartame