Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Indira HindujaYour feedback matters!
I am 43 years female I was having periods since feb 2015 some time continuously for 20 days, then gap for one week then start heavy bleeding with clots then stop after one or two days again start after one or two days with sever pain, this is going on since feb. I consulted a doctor he advised dienogest tablet 1/ day, where ultrasound shows nothing unusual except bulky in size uterus, suggest me what can be the cause of this bleeding is it some serious problem? or some other test are required? should I keep on taking dienogest tablet? is it a suitable medicine? or it has some side effect?
Indigestion can often give rise to issues like heartburn, bloating, diarrhoea, constipation and gas. If the problem of indigestion is not treated on time, it can lead to even greater issues like gastroesophageal reflux and irritable bowel syndrome. Ayurveda recognises a concept known as Ama, which can be defined as the toxins created by indigestion. There are many ways to treat to indigestion in an Ayurvedic way. Let us look at the top ten tips for the same:
1. Aloe Vera: An ounce of Aloe Vera a day will keep indigestion away. Break off, a leaf and scoop some gel into a smoothie for smooth digestion.
2. Turmeric: Haldi or Turmeric helps in reducing bloating and is one of the most commonly used spices found in Ayurveda. This spice is a staple in Indian cooking as well, where pretty much all dishes are seasoned with cooked Turmeric.
3. Timely Intake of Meals: For better digestion, one must take meals at the same time everyday. Also, do not sit down for the next meal before the previous meal has been digested properly.
4. Avoiding Unhealthy Food: One must avoid unhealthy food that are excessively fried, fatty, sweet or cold so as to aid the digestive fires in doing their job effectively.
5. Triphala: This combination of three fruits ensures that your digestive system remains in good working condition.
6. Water: One must have at least three litres of water a day, in order to flush the toxins out and take care of mental hunger.
7. Sleep: Sleep is a major factor that cures stress and creates a balance of sorts in one's routine, thus aiding proper digestion.
8. Exercise: Some form of movement and exercise is imperative to keep the digestive system in prime working condition. Walk and Yoga, especially are ideal to boost one's digestive health.
9. Meditation: This is one of the best ways to give digestion a positive push with a good dose of mindfulness and awareness for better balance in the body.
10. Massage: A good oil massage on a regular basis keeps the blood flow in order and ensures that all the organs function well.
In Ayurveda, the point is to heal and prevent, which is why the methods tend to get to the root of the problem.
I had sex with my boyfriend on 17 jan 2017. My expected period date is on 25th of jan. But am pregnant now I think. We do not want to keep this baby now. So what should we do now?
Doctor my 16th day follicular study reports shows that the left ovary- no progress, right ovary- 22. 1*23. 2mm, et 11. 2 mm, and there is no free fluid. Can you pls explain about my report doctor and also I have some questions, kindly pls answer to this also. When is my ovulation day? can I conceive this month? pls help me doctor am ttc for nearly 1 year.
20 week pregnant now currently suffering severe cold and sneezing problem since last three days. What to do as antibiotics cud be harmful for baby As of only iron, calcium and folic acid supplements are taking.
I think my vagina is smelling for which my hubby do not try it in his mouth. What should I do for it.
After a whole lot of research and even more controversy, fats are back in our diets. But choosing foods with “good” (saturated and unsaturated) fat is now the main problem. So to help you with your diet, here are 12 foods that contain healthy fats:
- Olive oil: Olive oil contains secoiridoids and oleic acid which protect the body from diabetes, cancer and other heart diseases. It also slows down aging on the cellular level.
- Fish: Fishes such as anchovies, salmon or sardines contain essential Omega-3 fatty acids (a type of monounsaturated fat), which are important for healthy brain function.
- Avocados: Avocados contain monounsaturated fats that reduce bad cholesterol.
- Eggs: Eggs are a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids, and eating them for breakfast keeps you full and satisfied.
- Nuts: Nuts are a good source of unsaturated fatty acids, which makes them a good snack to munch on.
- Nut butter: Nut butter actually keeps you full and satisfied, which curbs down cravings. Just make sure to read the labels carefully because the extra sugar and salt in them can be harmful.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil contains lauric acid which is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory.
- Dark chocolate: Dark chocolate is actually good for your cardiovascular health. Chocolate triggers the good bacteria in your gut to produce anti-inflammatory compounds which are good for strengthening the immune system.
- Greek yoghurt: Full-fat yoghurt is, surprisingly, good for you; just don’t forget to read the label. Sometimes they may contain trans-fat which is the real villain.
- Seeds: Seeds are so small, that they are often overlooked as the powerhouses of nutrition that they really are. Seeds such as sunflower seeds, chia seeds, flax, hemp and pumpkin seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which help reduce inflammations.
- Soybeans: Soybeans, besides being an excellent source of proteins, also contain essential fatty acids. You can substitute meat with soy products such as tofu and other dairy products with soy milk.
- Cheese: For a long time, the healthy diet’s number one villain has been cheese. While processed and packaged cheese used in most junk food nowadays are extremely unhealthy, you can add aged cheeses such as Parmesan, or simple cottage cheese in your daily diet. Cheese has essential fatty acids which actually help you digest vegetables better. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
With the vast amount of available information, ranging from age-old wisdom to health magazines and health sites, most people are prone to misinformation when it comes to what to eat and what to avoid.
From drinking copious amounts of water to eating a light lunch, it is the time that these commonly known health tips are debunked.
These 3 habits that may seem healthy on the surface but are actually harming you!
1) Drinking large amounts of water
It is advisable to drink a healthy dose of water each day, but you should drink water only when you feel thirsty and not otherwise. If you drink water beyond your level of thirst, it can lead to excess water intake. This excessive intake can be the cause of conditions like obesity, skin and digestive problems among other health conditions. An average person consumes 8 glasses of water each day. But you are advised to drink that much, only if you are thirsty enough. It is also recommended not to drink cold water or ice-cold drinks.
2) Eating uncooked foods
It is essential to preserve the nutrients of the ingredients you eat, but it is equally important to make them digestible. Cooking involves subjecting the ingredients to heat, which helps to remove and kill certain impurities and bacteria in them. Cooked foods are easily broken down, and hence, digested with ease. Some vegetables and foods are even more beneficial when lightly cooked. Vegetables like Brussel sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, and kale should not be consumed raw.
3) Eating a light lunch
The ideology behind eating a light lunch may be to keep your weight in check and to stay healthy, but if the food you're having is not nutritious, it can still cause you to gain weight. Some food joints even offer a lunch menu of light proportions while the dinner menu may be packed with heavy amounts of food. This is wrong. It is advisable that people have larger proportions of food in their lunch while dinner should be meager as your digestion slows down as the day progresses. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
One of the effects of ageing is the double chin that is caused due to extra fluid or fat under the chin. It could also be due to increased weight, sagging skin, or merely genetic. Given that it produces an aged appearance, people with double chin are constantly trying to find ways to hide it. There are two main muscles in the neck area, and toning them helps to remove the double chin appearance. There are grooming tips like specific kinds of clothes, hairstyle, and makeup to conceal it. There are also some exercises which are believed to reduce the prominence of the double chin. However, these are temporary measures, and for a permanent solution, surgical correction is the only method of choice.
Some of the new methods to get rid of the double chin are listed below with some important additional details. Talk to your surgeon and understand what to expect before going ahead with the surgical correction.
- Kybella: Approved by FDA, this is the new wonder drug to correct double chin. With no surgery involved, all it takes is about half an hour. The area is injected with a local anaesthetic and then Kybella. This contains deoxycholic acid, which is an enzyme that the body also produces naturally. This helps break down fat cells and so after a couple of weeks, the double chin gradually begins to literally melt away. Depending on the desired results, repeat injections might be required at monthly intervals. There could be mild swelling in the initial couple of days, which will subside shortly. The result would be a more defined chin line, producing a slimmer appearance.
- CoolMini: This involves freezing the fat and massaging it to remove the double chin. This is a form of chin sculpting and is preferred in people with good skin tightness. Results will be evident in about 1 to 3 months.
- Skin tightening using infrared light: A beam of infrared light is aimed at the double chin which causes tightening of the skin by stimulating the underlying collagen and elastin layers.
- Chin liposuction: In people with excess fat deposition, chin liposuction where the excess fat is suctioned off is a good treatment option. This is a time-tested method and produces results more immediately than the above-mentioned procedures.
Subsequent to any of the above procedures, it is better to make some lifestyle changes so that the double chin does not return. Weight management and regular exercise can go a long way in preventing recurrence of the double chin. Speak to your doctor to draw up a weight management plan and an exercise regimen that can help in the same.