Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Indira HindujaYour feedback matters!
There's this white fluid that keeps coming from my private parts, and I would like to know why. I'm a teenage girl and a virgin, and the substance is white and similar in consistency to snot, but not always as thick. What can I do to prevent this?
What is safe time for having sex with my wife after nd before her periods if we don't want any child! Eg. She gets her periods on 13!
After 3 days of passing mensuration cycle days my wife's mensuration cycle not good. It's first time when this is happening. After 2 days of mens cycle date little blood came for only one time. Now only something black water type is coming but not blood. Please advice what is this.
Hi i Am 25 years old I have nipple discharge since 2011 have taken so many medications but all to no avail please I need help.
What is stress?
There are situations in life when a person is required to perform beyond his/her normal capacity, or situations when some expectations are not met. This creates anxiety, fear and anger. This is a situation where a person feels inadequate, under-confident and experiences loss of control. This affects a person's physical and mental wellbeing. This feeling of fear, anxiety, restlessness is commonly known as "tension or stress".
Symptoms of Stress :
- Anger and Aggression: While under stress a person starts doubting his/her own capacity and efficiency because he/she feels inadequate or incapable of performing certain tasks. This creates a lot of anger or frustration and sometime, may result into aggressive behaviour.
- Irritability: Under stress people get irritated for no reason. There is loss of patience, loss of sense of humour.
- Sleep Disorders: A person under stress may not be able to sleep at all or in some cases sleep excessively.
- Eating Disorders: A person under stress may lose appetite or in some cases, tend to overeat resulting in harmful effects on body.
- Anxiety: Stress may cause a lot of anxiety and restlessness. The person under stress may not to able to concentrate and unable to focus on any activity, making things more complicated.
- Depression: In a few cases a person under a lot of stress may go into depression.
- High BP: Body and mind are closely connected. Hence stress in mind creates stress in the body and under stress, blood pressure may rise.
- High Sugar Level: Stress may increase the blood sugar levels.
- Headache or Unexplained Body Pains: Stress may cause headache or body aches in different parts of the body, without any physical reason for it.
Sometimes, there may not be any symptoms for stress but the trauma manifests in the form to heart attack, Stroke etc.
What causes stress ?
- Relationship Issues - Conflicts in relationships is a major cause of stress.
- Life style - Working for long hours, sedentary life style, unhealthy food habits, along with insatiable urge for money causes a lot of stress.
- High expectations from oneself and from others - The peer pressure, the pressure of constant deadlines builds up a huge stress. When a person has very high expectations from himself/herself without corresponding efforts, there is a fear of failure which causes lot of tension. At the same time, having unrealistic expectations from others also is a definite reason for disappointments, resulting in stress.
- Physical and Emotional Abuse - When a person is physically or emotionally abused and unable to defend himself/herself for various reasons, it causes frustration. This results in anger and stress.
- Competition - Unhealthy competitions with others create a feeling of inadequency and result in lower self esteem and sadness, thereby causing stress.
- Health Issues - Chronic and serious health issues cause lot of tension.
- Suppressed Emotions - Lack of freedom to express own emotions and feelings, amounts to stress.
- Lack of Assertiveness - Inability to say "No", when wanting to say so, inability to fight for one's own rights, causes tension and anger.
- Boredom - Lack of creative/interesting occupation may cause stress especially in old people or people with physical disabilities.
- Low self esteem, feeling hopeless and helpless - If a person has low self esteem and does not value oneself, it causes lots of negativity and stress.
Why stress management is important?
Body and mind affect each other's functioning. When the mind is stressed out, it gets reflected in the body in the form of high blood pressure, high sugar levels, indigestion, acidity, heartburn, ulcers, skin rashes, headache, nausea, cancer, eating disorders, psychosomatic pains etc. It may trigger asthma, migraine etc.
Because of these harmful effects of stress, the body's capacity to function reduces. At times, it may cause serious threat to one's life. Hence, it is very important to learn to relieve and also to manage stress, in order to have a long and healthy life.
There are a number of ways to relieve stress:
- Sleep, take rest, relax.
- Take a break from daily routine, do something different, take a short vacation.
- Go for a walk/jog/run/cycling. Practice Yoga, meditation, deep muscle relaxation, etc.
- Spend time with friends and family.
- Play with children.
- Spend time with pets.
- Pursue a hobby like reading, gardening, painting, music, dance, singing, cooking, etc.
- Recreation - Watch a movie, play, picnic, go for a drive or shopping.
- Pamper yourself with beauty treatments, massage, or your favourite food/drinks.
How to manage Stress?
Stress is inevitable part of life now. Right from a kid going to Pre-Nursery school to senior citizens staying alone at homes and having severe health problems; all are under lot of stress. No one can avoid stress. But there are certain ways to manage your stress-
- Self-awareness. Learn more about your own self. Understand what induces stress in you, what tasks are difficult for you, what situations are difficult for you and then try to figure out the reasons why it is so. Try to resolve or modify your thoughts and attitude.
- Identify stressors and explore options. Once you identify what is causing your stress, try to find more options to resolve your issues.
- Reasonable Expectations and Feasible Goals. Have reasonable expectations from yourself and from others. Have goals which are possible for you to achieve.
- Learn assertive techniques. Learn to express your feelings, learn to fight for your own rights, understand and respect other's rights.
Try to minimise stress in life and lead a happy healthy life.
I had sex with my wife without condom in the mid of her month and before I cum I pull outside my penis and eject all cum on floor is there chance of pregnant.please help.
What is the maximum time in which we can abort a child with pills and which pills should be taken to abort it or any particular way to abort rather than pills.
I am 23 years old. I have 3-4 lumps in my breast. Can this indicate any serious problem? I am taking anti epilepsy medicines as I am suffering from epilepsy. Please help.
Mujhe ye baat bta skte ho aap agr hum one day me 4 ya five times hum sex kiya to koi problem.Please tell.
Natural Ways to Increase Your Testotorone
1. Lose Weight If you're overweight, shedding the excess pounds may increase your testosterone level. Overweight men are more likely to have low testosterone levels to begin with. If you are serious about losing weight, you have got to strictly limit the amount of processed sugar in your diet, as evidence is mounting that excess sugar, and fructose in particular, is the primary driving factor in the obesity epidemic. So cutting soda from your diet is essential, as is limiting fructose found in processed foods, fruit juice, excessive fruit and so-called "healthy" sweeteners. Ideally you should keep your total fructose consumption below 25 grams per day and this includes fruits. This is especially true if you have insulin resistance and are overweight, have high blood pressure, diabetes or high cholesterol.In addition to eliminating or severely limiting fructose, it will be vital to eliminate all grains and milk in your diet. Milk has a sugar called lactose, which has been shown to increase insulin resistance so it will be wise to avoid it if you are seeking to lose weight.Refined carbohydrates like breakfast cereals, bagels, waffles, pretzels, and most other processed foods also quickly break down to sugar, increase your insulin levels, and cause insulin resistance, which is the number one underlying factor of nearly every chronic disease and condition known to man, including weight gain.As you cut these dietary troublemakers from your meals, you need to replace them with healthy substitutes like vegetables and healthy fats. Your body prefers the carbohydrates in micronutrient-dense vegetables rather than grains and sugars because it slows the conversion to simple sugars like glucose, and decreases your insulin level. When you cut grains and sugar from your meals, you typically will need to radically increase the amount of vegetables you eat, as well as make sure you are also consuming protein and healthy fats regularly.The foods you choose to eat will be the driving force behind successfully achieving your weight loss goals -- high-intensity, short-burst-type exercises, two to three times per week, combined with a comprehensive fitness plan, is important too, and has an additional benefit as well
2. Both intermittent fasting and short intense exercise have been shown to boost testosterone.Short intense exercise has a proven positive effect on increasing testosterone levels and preventing its decline. Intermittent fasting boosts testosterone by increasing the expression of satiety hormones including insulin, leptin, adiponectin, glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), colecystokinin (CKK) and melanocortins, all of which are known to potentiate healthy testosterone actions, increase libido and prevent age-related testosterone decline.Having a whey protein meal after exercise can further enhance the satiety/testosterone-boosting.
.3. Consume Plenty of Zinc the mineral zinc is important for testosterone production, and supplementing your diet for as little as six weeks has been shown to cause a marked improvement in testosterone among men with low levels. Likewise, research has shown that restricting dietary sources of zinc leads to a significant decrease in testosterone, while zinc supplementation increases itmand even protects men from exercised-induced reductions in testosterone levels. It's estimated that up to 45 percent of adults over the age of 60 may have lower than recommended zinc intakes. Your diet is the best source of zinc; along with protein-rich foods like meats and fish, other good dietary sources of zinc include raw milk, raw cheese, beans, and yogurt or kefir made from raw milk. It can be difficult to obtain enough dietary zinc if you're a vegetarian, and also for meat-eaters as well, largely because of conventional farming methods that rely heavily on chemical fertilizers and pesticides. Taking too much zinc can interfere with your body's ability to absorb other minerals, especially copper, and may cause nausea as a side effect.
4. Strength TrainingIn addition to Peak Fitness, strength training is also known to boost testosterone levels, provided you are doing so intensely enough. When strength training to boost testosterone, you'll want to increase the weight and lower your number of reps, and then focus on exercises that work a large number of muscles, such as dead lifts or squats.
5. Optimize Your Vitamin D LevelsVitamin D, a steroid hormone, is essential for the healthy development of the nucleus of the sperm cell, and helps maintain semen quality and sperm count. Vitamin D also increases levels of testosterone, which may boost libido. In one study, overweight men who were given vitamin D supplements had a significant increase in testosterone levels after one year.
6.D deficiency is currently at epidemic proportions in the United States and many other regions around the world, largely because people do not spend enough time in the sun to facilitate this important process of vitamin D production.So the first step to ensuring you are receiving all the benefits of vitamin D is to find out what your levels are using, more recently the optimal vitamin D level has been raised to 50-70 ng/ml.To get your levels into the healthy range, sun exposure is the BEST way to optimize your vitamin D levels; exposing a large amount of your skin until it turns the lightest shade of pink, at dusk or dawn is typically necessary to achieve adequate vitamin D. As a last resort, a vitamin D3 supplement can be taken orally, but research suggests the average adult needs to take 8,000 IU's of vitamin D per day in order to elevate their levels above 40 ng/ml, which is the absolute minimum for disease prevention.
6. Reduce StressWhen you're under a lot of stress, your body releases high levels of the stress hormone cortisol. This hormone actually blocks the effects of testosterone, presumably because, from a biological standpoint, testosterone-associated behaviors (mating, competing, aggression) may have lowered your chances of survival in an emergency (hence, the "fight or flight" response is dominant, courtesy of cortisol).In the modern world, chronic stress, and subsequently elevated levels of cortisol, could mean that testosterone's effects are blocked in the long term, which is what you want to avoid.My favorite overall tool to manage stress i It's a handy, Other common stress-reduction tools with a high success rate include prayer, meditation, laughter and yoga, for example. Learning relaxation skills, such as deep breathing and positive visualization, which is the "language" of the subconscious.When you create a visual image of how you'd like to feel, your subconscious will understand and begin to help you by making the needed biochemical and neurological changes.
7. Limit or Eliminate Sugar from Your DietTestosterone levels decrease after you eat sugar, which is likely because the sugar leads to a high insulin level, another factor leading to low testosterone. Based on estimates, an average person consumes 12 teaspoons of sugar a day, which equates to about TWO TONS of sugar during a lifetime.Why we eat this much sugar is not difficult to understand -- it tastes good, and it gives us pleasure by triggering an innate process in your brain via dopamine and opioid signals. most people stand to reap major improvements in their health by cutting back on, or eliminating, sugar altogether from their diets. Remember foods that contain added sugar and fructose, as well as grains like bread and pasta, should all be limited.If you're struggling with sugar addiction and having trouble dealing with cravings, try psychotherapy.
8. Eat Healthy FatsBy healthy, this means not only mon- and polyunsaturated fats, like that found in avocadoes and nuts, but also saturated, as these are essential for building testosterone.
9.The ideal diet includes somewhere between 50-70 percent fat.It's important to understand that your body requires saturated fats from animal and vegetable sources (such as meat, dairy, certain oils, and tropical plants like coconut) for optimal functioning, and if you neglect this important food group in favor of sugar, grains and other starchy carbs, your health and weight are almost guaranteed to suffer.
We went to OBGYN. They did an ultrasound and they reported it is missed abortion. They have given a tablets to be inserted into vagina for abortion. We have two questions 1. Can we delay inserting the tablets after 2-3 days? Or, it needs to be done immediately?(My wife is slightly bleeding occasionally). 2. When will the next period happen after the procedure? 3. When can my wife get pregnant for a healthy baby again? Thanks.
I'm suffering from severe pain in Lower and upper stomach My periods is late in this month and I can't be able to sleep with this pain doctor recommended me medicines and in ulta sound it's be cyst. Left Overy shows cyst of size 3.4×3.5 cm with free fluid in pod? Pid I'm working person. I can't be able to go daily office What will I do. I must be to bed rest or what should I do please ans me.
My wife is 46 years old and repeatedly washing hands for long time. Nobody can touch her and she is not touching to any one also. She thinks that blood intact with me. If by incidentally she touch someone, immediately change the clothes after bathing. If she go out and on return the clothes to be changed after bathing and only then sit on her fixed seat only. What should I do?
Hello! I had a miscarriage last month due to cervical incompetence. Doctors told me to get cervical stitches in my next pregnancy. Before pre-term delivery I ate 3 mangoes at a time and just after 2 days I had a miscarriage. So did it happened bcz of eating mangoes?
My wife is suffering from PCOD disease. Harmonce related problems so it's a serious problem or not, is she will face any problem in pregnancy?
Indulging in intercourse daily is a healthy option for couples as it comes with a variety of benefits:
- Reduces stress
- Promotes longevity
- Leads to an increase in blood circulation
- Helps one sleep better
- Improves your fitness level
Indulging in intercourse daily certainly does come with benefits but overdoing the routine can result in various side-effects. According to most medical practitioners and sex-perts, doing it twice a day is considered optimum.
What happens if you overdo it on a regular basis?
However, stretching it up to thrice is acceptable, but going beyond that number can prove to be harmful as sex is a physical activity which puts strain on your body and genitals. The penis has a resting period, which if not adhered to, can lead to extreme stress on the organ and erectile dysfunction in the long-run. Other than distress in the penis, having sex too many times can also cause soreness in the penis and painful muscle contractions during an orgasm. In women, over-indulging in intercourse can cause tears in the vaginal area which can prove to be very painful while urinating or foreplay the next time. Women are also prone to contracting urinary tract infection, if they indulge in this process too many times. This is the reason why clearing the bladder for women is recommended.
The final verdict
However, sex-perts also believe that is very important for couples to embrace and indulge in this process as physical intimacy and satisfaction plays an important role in sustaining the relationship for a long time. Not having sex for extended periods of time might result in depression and your partner might start looking for other options. Thus, having sex once or twice a day is completely normal and encouraged but for a healthy and sustainable sex life, you should refrain from doing it too many times a day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Browsing on the phone before you sleep can potentially cause serious damage to your health. According to studies the side effects can be far reaching and detrimental for your overall health. It can disrupt your sleep and contributes to several complications like heart diseases, obesity, etc.
Following are the bad effects of browsing on the phone before bed:
- Browsing on the phone till late in the night affects your sleeping pattern and deprives your body from the rest it requires. Loss and lack of sleep significantly contributes to various health problems like poor sleep, depression, stroke, cardiovascular problems, obesity etc.
- Staring at a bright screen for a long time before sleeping can slow down the activity of neurons that make you sleepy, thereby, keeping you in a state of wakefulness. Staring at artificial lights suppresses melatonin, the sleep hormone, which affects the sleep wake cycle of your body.
- Browsing on the phone before sleep also takes a toll on your eyes. It can cause serious damage to your eyes if you make a habit out of it. You can see visible signs if you wake up with dark circles in the morning and feel tired and lousy. Looking at brightly lit screen for a long time especially in the dark puts a lot of strain in your eyes and also affects mental health.
- Browsing on the phone till late in the night will make it difficult for you to wake up on time. The light on your cell phone affects your sleep, which can even trigger insomnia. Lack of sleep affects your alertness and concentration level and makes you feel drowsy and exhausted.
Related Tip: "Get better sleep"