Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Indira HindujaYour feedback matters!
Hiii im 24 years old I have problem of periods ans excess of white wil be realizing what is the problem and how to control it?
I had sex with my boyfriend on 20 may n my menstruation date is also 20. But this time I dnt hv my periods till now. What should I do?
How we can do oral sex using condom? As condom contains many chemical which may be harmful to me. If we put condom in our mouth it will be harmful to me or not .please reply.
female. I saw a light red coloured warm while urinating, and bleeding continuing from 12 days. So may I know, what is the reason for that and is there any serious problems? Please tel me.
You know about your vitamins and proteins. But do you really? not many of us are aware of the nutrients that our body needs and their functions. But unless we understand the value of the nutrients, we’ll never be able to appreciate their need in our diet. Vitamin b17 is one such nutrient which is often overlooked.
Known more commonly as amygdalin, this anti-cancerous vitamin is a member of the vitamin b-complex family. A well-known alternative cure for cancer, vitamin b17 is quite effective in lowering tumors and curbing metastasis. It terminates the cancerous cells, safeguards the body from the onset, development, and spread of cancer in future, and gives your immune system a good boost. The foods that contain this vitamin are known as nitrilosides. Before getting to know about the vitamin b17 foods, lets take a closer look at how beneficial this vitamin is for us.
Vitamin b 17 - benefits for health:
Along with being an acknowledged alternative medicine for cancer, this b 17 vitamin is believed to render other health benefits too:
- The anti-hypertensive properties of this vitamin help in keeping the blood pressure levels under control, which in turns help thwart off various cardiovascular diseases.
- Vitamin b17 is known to boost the potential of the immune system.
- This vitamin is also used as a complete tonic to boost your overall health.
- Laetrile is also known to help the body with its detoxification and cleansing process.
An interesting fact:
If you do a google search on vitamin b17, many results that pop up contain a word called laetrile, which is used as a synonym for this vitamin. However, in reality, laetrile is the synthetic form of b 17 and is derived from amygdalin. Laetrile is available in various forms in the market, including injections, lotions, tablets, and even suppositories.
Now that you know what is vitamin b17 and what its benefits are, let us see where this vitamin is found naturally:
Top 7 natural vitamin b17 foods:
Seeds, especially apricot seeds, top the list of rich vitamin b 17 foods. You can also find this vitamin in the seeds of prunes, pears, peaches, nectarines, cherries, and even apples. Flax seeds, squash seeds, millet seeds and buckwheat seeds also contain this vitamin in moderate amounts.
Nuts are rich of assorted nutrients, including minerals and proteins. Almonds, especially the bitter ones, along with macadamia nuts and cashew nuts, contain vitamin b17, with bitter almonds leading the list. Macadamia comes next and finally the cashews. However, researchers have indicated that these nuts are highly toxic and have been banned in the us. Nevertheless, bitter almonds are used for manufacturing extracts and to give liqueurs that distinct flavor.
Berries – including raspberry, strawberry, currants, cranberry, and blackberry – contain admirable quantities of this anti-cancerous vitamin. Not to forget quinoa, gooseberry, and mulberry! however, the surprising fact is that the wild berries contain vitamin b17 in quite high amounts.
Bamboo spouts lead this list with a high dose followed by the sprouts of alfalfa, garbanzo, and whole green gram.
The leaves of alfalfa and eucalyptus contain high amounts of vitamin b17. Spinach leaves are also potential sources of this vitamin, but in traces.
Check out your favorite yam, cassava, and sweet potato. They all contain this vitamin, with cassava leading the list. Despite being a rich source of protein, cassava leaves should be cooked properly to avoid the conversion of cyanogenic glucosides into cyanide.
Opt for assorted beans to get vitamin b17. Choose for fava, black, kidney, lima, and garbanzo that are rich in this vitamin. Cook them or just sprout them and include them in your diet to get this vitamin.
Hi. My wife had ipill after 54 hours of unprotected sex but even after 24 hours of having ipill she has not got her period. What should be done now?
Masturbation While Married: Male-Female Differences
Married people - or people in committed, long-term relationships - tend to have more partner-based sex than people not in such a relationship, according to a number of surveys and reports. But that does not mean that masturbation goes out the window when a person gets married. Since masturbation plays a role in maintaining penis health (and vaginal health as well), that's a good thing. But do married men and women view masturbation the same way? A recent study suggests they do not.
Coming to terms
For the purposes of this article, "married" is going to refer to a couple which is in a long-term, committed relationship, even if they are not officially married. And "masturbation" will refer to the act of engaging in self-stimulation of a person's own genitals in a private setting. (In other words, mutual masturbation, which might be considered as part of partner-based sex, will not be counted as masturbation.)
Most of the information in this piece is drawn from a recent study published by the Archives of Sexual Behavior and entitled "Masturbation and Partnered Sex: Substitutes or Complements?" This study was conducted by doctors at the University of Texas at Austin and Brigham Young University. It has a large sample size - 7648 men and 8090 women, all from the United States. As the scientists state in their summary, "we explored the association between sexual frequency and masturbation, evaluating the evidence for whether masturbation compensates for unavailable sex, complements (or augments) existing paired sexual activity, or bears little association with it."
In other words, they wanted to look at whether people in a relationship who had more or less sex were more or less likely to masturbate, and what might be the reason for the masturbation.
Not surprisingly, men reported masturbating more frequently than did women (a reflection of reports from other studies on the frequency of masturbation reported by the genders). But sexual contentment seemed to play a strong role in a person's masturbatory frequency.
For example, 79% of sexually discontented men who had not had sex recently reported that they masturbated. But 60% of sexually discontented men who had had sex four or more times recently also reported masturbating. Men who were sexually content (which was only 42% of the sample) reported significantly less masturbation - even if they had NOT had sex recently.
Interestingly, women were who sexually content (57%) and had had sex 4 or more times recently were more likely to masturbate than the sexually content women who had NOT had sex - 33% vs. 21%.
One theory that this data suggests is that married men often masturbate to make up for the fact that they are discontented sexually, whereas women who are sexually content may masturbate more as a way of complementing their sexual satisfaction.
The fact that only a minority of married men report sexual satisfaction seems significant, and it's worth exploring what causes that discontent. Is it the quality of the sex, the frequency, or some other factor(s)?
None of this is to say that masturbation among married people is necessarily negative. Many individuals in a relationship masturbate quite happily and contentedly. But there is clearly more to learn about this aspect of married life.
Whether married or single, masturbation is usually a big part of a man's life, and he will masturbate more happily if his penis is in prime health. Regular application of a superior penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) helps maintain that health. Since masturbation-based friction often causes some raw skin damage, using a crème that can rehydrate the penis skin. For this purpose, a crème with both a natural moisturizer (such as vitamin E) and a high-end emollient (such as Shea butter) is required. Ideally, the crème should also include L-carnitine. Frequent penile use often leads to a loss of sensation due to peripheral nerve damage, and L-carnitine is an effective agent to help with this issue.
Hi, I am a female of 25 years age I had protected sex with my bf on 20th may. Unfortunately the condom got torn and no idea whether the sperms went inside mine or not. But immediately within 12 hrs I had instafree 72. I wanted to know are there any chances of me getting pregnant? And my last period was on 5th may. When can I expect my next period. Kindly suggest. Am worried about it. Thank you.
Sir, I am asking this question for my daughter aged 24 recently married, who is suffering from pcod, irregular menses past one year. Now last two to three months menses regular but less bleeding. The you s g scanning report is" bilateral ovarian cysts showing hemorrhagic changes- kindly let me know whether it affects her pregnancy- what are the treatments etc,
My wife never wants to have sex. She never gets orgasm. She always feel pain during sex. I tried different types lubes but not helping much. Please advice.
I had taken a trigger hcg shot of 10000 units on day 11 of my cycle at around 11: 30 am. Today is day 24 which is 13 days after the injection. I did a serum beta hcg today morning around 8: 30 am. The values came to 32 mIU/ml of beta hcg. Is it due to pregnancy or false positive due to trigger hcg shot?
If you are suffering from excessive stress, it is likely that your physical and emotional health may be affected. Your sexual life too is affected due to stress. Too much of stress leaves you physically tired and exhausted. Because of this, you will not have enough energy to have sex. Moreover, when you are stressed out about some issue, your libido gets affected, and you might not have any interest in having sex.
Effects of stress on your sexual life
- Stress results in a negative body image. The hormones which are associated with stress may impact metabolism. With the increase in the production of these stress hormones, you may feel sluggish and gain weight, thereby providing a negative body image due to which you might not have the desire to indulge in sexual activity. Stress causes lowered self-esteem which results in less sex.
- Stress results in reduced libido. The hormones associated with stress are required by the body in small amounts, but the overproduction of these hormones can suppress sexual hormones, leading to decreased libido.
- Extreme stress may affect personal relationships and cause conflicts between a couple. This will result in rare sexual activity as proper communication between a couple gets reduced.
- You may start drinking excessively because of stress. Too much alcohol is bad for sexual health. It makes sex dull and less pleasurable. Alcohol causes dehydration, which affects lubrication. Stress also affects a person’s fertility and menstruation cycle, which could hamper your sex life.
Ayurvedic treatment for stress
Ayurveda offers effective treatments to get rid of stress. By using natural and herbal Ayurvedic medicines, you can get rid of unnecessary stress from your life and revive your sexual life. Here are some effective Ayurvedic treatments for getting rid of stress:
- Several Ayurvedic herbs are stress reducing in nature. You can use herbs such as ashwagandha, bala, brahmi, gotu kola, saraswati churna, vacha, tulsi, shankapushpi, Siberian ginseng, liquorice, vidari and shatavari.
- You should consume food items, which help in reducing stress. These include coconut, walnut, mangoes, pineapples and bananas, fried in ghee.
- Several natural drinks can help in relieving stress. These include tomato juice, ginger tea, garlic milk, and tulsi tea.
- You should practice stress relieving activities such as yoga and meditation. Several yoga asanas in different poses should be practiced.
- You can try several stress relieving Ayurvedic therapies. These may include Shirodhara (bliss therapy), Abhyanga (warm oil massage), Shiro Abhyanga and Nasya (head massage).
Ayurveda helps in controlling stress. A combination of several benefits known as Panchakarma is provided by Ayurveda for reducing stress. Reduced stress will drastically improve your sexual performance and sexual stamina. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.
I have multi eggs problem. The fibroid is also the problem. fibroid is outside of uterus. What should I do?
Mene ek ladki ke sath kiss or fingering kiya tha Pichle mahine but uski iss mahine periods date 10 days above ho gaya hai, kya wo sex ki wajah se ho raha hai? please tell me the ans please plz.
Respected Doctor From last two week my wife suffered from cold and cough. And she is also pregnant. So how to cure from cold and cough in pregnancy. Please help. Thanks & Regards Nilesh S Palkar.
Ramadan is a much-awaited month for various reasons. While some look forward to it for spiritual reasons, others look for the celebrations, and some others for the delicacies it brings along. Fasting for a full day is always followed by feasting, in most households. Some people begin shopping for stuff about a week or two before the starting date of Ramadan.
While it is definitely a time to feast, it is also important to eat healthy and not binge. The idea is to cleanse the mind and body of all sins, and so it is a good time to get back to better physical shape. Keep the following points in mind when planning the foods for this month-
- Ramadan is a time for cleansing, both physically and mentally, so there is no reason for fasting every single day.
- Because you fast through the day, it is not necessary to eat excessively over the time when it is possible. The body’s requirements do not change significantly, as there are always food reserves in the body
- Oily and greasy foods may be chosen with the belief that they can help you sustain without food for a longer time; this is not true. Oily and greasy foods, in fact, take a longer time to digest and also increase tiredness and fatigue. They are rich in fat, and so more fat reserves are accumulated.
- It is not necessary to spend long hours in the kitchen trying to cook up lavish meals, as the purpose of Ramadan is not just. It is more about self-contemplation and cleansing oneself.
- Eat foods which are easy to digest and also help in giving you energy. An added advantage would be to eat foods which have a cleansing or detox effect.
- Natural fruits and vegetables, dry fruits, grilled meat are good options.
- Also, take into account the regular work schedule and make sure your cooking and eating allows sufficient room for that.
- Sleep is another aspect which often gets ignored but is equally important. The body needs sleep as much as, or in some people, more than food. Lack of it can lead to fatigue, drowsiness, confusion, and fainting.
- Prophet himself has advised that only a few mouthfuls of food needs to be consumed.
- Fasting is a good way to give the body a break (digestive and other systems) and help natural detoxification.
- Do not skip exercise completely during this period. Stick to regular, light exercises which are comfortable.
- Many people tend to put on weight, but a little planning can help not just in avoiding this, but in reducing weight too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.