Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Imran Rahman KhanYour feedback matters!
How to make my gums stronger? Recently I started feeling pain while eating any hard item. Pls suggest me proper solution.
Some people still prefer the age-old home remedy of baking soda and a toothbrush to gently whiten teeth at home. Also, some foods such as celery, apples, pears, and carrots trigger lots of saliva, which helps wash away food debris on your teeth. Chewing sugarless gum is a tooth-cleansing action and also triggers saliva. A bonus from all that saliva: it neutralizes the acid that causes tooth decay. With teeth, more saliva is better all around.
I am 21 years old male. My teeth have broken in an accident. I want to replace it with a new teeth. What should I do for this ?
What are the major causes of mouth ulcers and what precautions should be taken to avoid these mouth ulcers. Thanks.
Dear sir I am 23 years old my 12 teeth got damaged so i am suffering with that problem, please help me.
Hi this is sumit and I have very big problem my teeth was pain for every after 2-3 days plse I request awser mi.
I heard that Root canal treatment is a painful one. Can it be done in one sitting? Is there any alternative for Root canal treatment?
I am 36 years female, have receding gumline to a great extent in lower jaw especially below canines. What is the solution, kindly help.
I have Dental problem i.e bad breath and tooth decaying I lost my main 2 molar tooth and I want to put cap.
I have problem in my teeth, brown spots are deposited and are not going even by brushing at the back of my teeth. so, please suggest.?
Your mouth is the breeding place for various bacteria. These bacteria use the sugar in food and turn them into acids. These acids then react with a tooth, gradually drilling a hole in it, which is infamously known as a tooth cavity.
You might wonder why exactly this happens. When your teeth are subjected to acid frequently, the repeated acid attacks on the enamel, the enamel starts losing its minerals. The first sign of tooth decay is when a white spot appears on the tooth. This white spot is the area from where the enamel has lost its minerals. If not taken care of from the time this early sign of decay makes an appearance, then the decay just gets more serious and the white spot will turn into a cavity.
Here are some tips to avoid tooth decay altogether:
- Use fluoride based toothpaste and mouthwash: Fluoride prevents tooth decay from maturing. It can even reverse or stop tooth decay, which is in its early stage. It also protects the tooth from further decay and replenishes the lost minerals from the enamel and prevents any further loss. It also reduces the acid making ability of the bacteria present in the mouth.
- Keep a check on food: Keep a study check on what you are eating. If you eat too much of junk food or food which contains a lot of sugar regularly, then suffering from a tooth decay is inevitable. Try to limit those foods to maybe once or twice a week.
- Brush your teeth: Brush your teeth regularly, preferably with fluoride toothpaste. Not only will the fluoride toothpaste protect your teeth, the toothbrush will also take out any food particle stuck between two teeth. Brush at least twice a day or preferably after every meal and before bed.
- Use dental floss: Clean in between your teeth with a dental floss.
- Eat cheese: Cheese contains casein which prevents tooth decay or cavity formation.
- Visit your dentist regularly: Make sure you visit your dentist regularly to keep your teeth healthy.