Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hrishikesh Naik
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Hrishikesh NaikYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old girl and have backache for 3 months. Doctor said I am suffering from luber lordosis. They gave me injections of D3 and B12. But have not benefit. please suggest me what should I do?
Hi, Can Ankylosing spondylitis with HLA B27 positive patient can consume alcohol or not? Please be advised. Thanks!
I have pain in my shin bone (both leg) from last 1 year. I had taken calcium and vitamin D tablet but there is almost zero improvement.
I am suffering from shoulder pain everyday after waking up in the morning. It continues till 2 hours per day. How could I cure it please help. I will be very thankful to you.
A whiplash injury usually occurs when your neck gets strained after an accident that causes it to jerk. In spite of the fact that it is normally connected with car crashes, any effect or blow that causes your neck or head to jerk forward or backwards can cause whiplash injury. The sudden shock or force extends and tears the muscles and ligaments in your neck.
Whiplash is usually caused by vehicular accidents. After the effect, the lower cervical vertebrae are constrained into a place of hyperextension while the upper cervical vertebrae are in a hyperflexed position. This leads to an irregular S-shaped in the cervical spine.
The pain of whiplash is regularly difficult to overlook. The symptoms of a whiplash injury may include the following:
- Pain, diminished scope of movement, and snugness in the neck. The muscles may feel hard or stiff.
- Pain while shaking your head from side to side or backward and forward.
- Pain or stiffness while moving your arms to move your shoulder.
- Delicate to touch.
Headache at the base of the skull.
Now and again, pain from the whiplash is very common. In different cases, it can take about a few hours to days before your neck starts to hurt. Over a course of time, a whiplash can be easily healed on its own. To help with the recovery, one needs to consider the following treatments:
- Ice your neck to lessen the pain and swelling when you can after the harm. Do it for 15 minutes every three to four hours for two to three days. Wrap the ice in a thin towel or material to avoid damage to the skin.
- Take painkillers or different medications, as suggested by your specialist. Non-steroidal mitigating drugs (NSAIDs) like ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) or naproxen (Aleve) will help in relieving the pain and swelling.
- Use a neck prop or neckline to give support, if your specialist prescribes it. However, they are not suggested for the long-term since they can easily stiffen the muscles in your neck even more.
- Apply a heating pad to your neck. However, do so after simply following two to three days of icing it first. Use warmth on your neck only after the underlying swelling has gone down.
- Different medications, with a back rub, may likewise offer assistance.
The time of recovery relies upon how serious your whiplash is. Most cases are relieved in a couple days. However, other neck strains may take weeks or longer to recover. Keep in mind that everybody recovers at a different pace.
Once the intense indications of neck strain are gone, your specialist will most likely require you to begin exercising. This will make your neck muscles more flexible and stronger. It will help you both recover and decrease the chances of straining your neck again later on. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!