Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Honey BhatiaYour feedback matters!
Do not use your teeth for doing something other than chewing food. Using them for cracking nuts, removing bottle tops or ripping open packaging can result in chipped or broken teeth.
Chewing a sugarless gum after your meal for around 20 minutes freshens your breath and also make the leftover food particles cling to it.
Hello sir I am Sagar I am 30 yrs old man n I have suffering from cavity problem so what should I'd o.
All that a Mom should know about oral health care to maintain her baby’s set of Pearly Whites:
Right time to begin brushing baby’s teeth – as soon as the 1st tooth erupts.
- After feeding use a damp gauze or cloth gently wipe the mouth of any residue left behind.
- Use either an over finger brush or a soft bristled brush for infants to clean the teeth.
- Initially use a wet toothbrush and slowly move to kid’s toothpaste.
Choosing a toothpaste for kids –
- Now a days fluoridated toothpaste for kids in very small quantity i.e rice grain sized is recommended.
- Watermelon / bubblegum/ strawberry flavours can increase the kid’s interest towards brushing.
Brushing technique –
- Teach your kids to brush using a small circular motion. Brush twice daily. Make it a game or sing a song to encourage brushing.
- Toothbrushes are now available with music or lights or cartoon figures to make brushing more fun.
Tips to maintaine good oral hygiene –
- Apart from brushing it is important to cleanse the mouth in between the meals.
- Do not put infants to sleep with milk formula or juice as sugary liquids cling to teeth and cause decay.
- Avoid pacifiers as they change the shape of the mouth and cause improperly placed teeth.
- After giving medicine or eating sweet like chocolates, ice-cream encourage kids to wash mouth with water and clean with a damp cloth for infants.
- Get fluoride treatment done every 6 months from dentist for prevention of caries.
Milk teeth are very important -
- For maintaining the oral health.
- Also to determine the shape of mouth and alignment of permanent teeth.
My sense of taste sometimes became neutral I mean I can't tell the difference between sweet, sour it's like tasteless. I consult to a doctor who done my ct scan but no results come up. Can it be brain related problem it happens once or twice in 3 to 4 months.
My jaw joint is paining right in front of ear it starts at morning when I contract my mouth gradually for yawning or to sing and it gets less till the evening it is happening since 2 days I'm taking only vitamin c 1000 mg for skin and vitamin e 800 mg does it because of that or anything else please help me.
Drinks such as regular soda, diet soda, sports drinks, canned iced tea and lemonades can lead to extensive tooth decay, enamel destruction and poor dental health because of the low pH or acidity of the drinks.
Enamel is the hardest substance in the body but it is susceptible to breakdown from acids found in soda/drinks. The more acidic the drink (the lower its pH), the more rapid the enamel destruction. Tooth enamel dissolves below 5.5. It is important to note that exposed root surfaces demineralize twice as fast as that of enamel.
Soda/drinks may contain carbonic, phosphoric, malic, citric and tartaric acids and therefore have an acidic pH. No differences in enamel breakdown were found between regular and diet versions of the same brand.
Reduce the Risk
1 Drink carbonated beverages (soft drinks, soda pop) in moderation.
2 Give infants and toddlers these beverages in a regular cup.
3 Sucking on a bottle or sippy cup filled with these beverages promotes tooth decay.
4 Use a straw to help keep sugar away from your teeth while drinking.
5 Choose fluoridated water instead of fizzy drinks.
6 Avoid drinking soft drinks and fruit juice before bedtime.
7 Rinse your mouth with water or brush your teeth soon after using either of these.
8 Get regular dental checkups and cleanings
Acid (pH) Low=Bad
Water – 7.00 (neutral)
Brewed Black Coffee – 6.25
Brewed Black Tea – 5.36
A & W Root Beer – 4.80
Diet Sprite – 3.34
Sprite – 3.27
Diet Dew – 3.27
Diet Coke – 3.22
Mountain Dew – 3.14
Gatorade – 2.95
Canada Dry Ginger Ale – 2.94
Diet Pepsi – 2.94
Arizona Iced Tea – 2.94
True Lemon – 2.80
HI Punch – 2.82
Coke – 2.48
Pepsi – 2.46
I have a severe sensitivity on the right side of my mouth from both hot and cold, more from cold. It occurs usually after meals in the night. Kindly advice.
Sur, I am a 20 year old boy. And I am suffering Frm a habit of chewing pan masala. With tobacco. I have tried all these things like chewing gum and nicotine gum to quite. But still can't do that. It also makes my mouth and teeth bad but also I think its affecting my stomach and body. Please sur tell me what should I doo. To quite this habit. I am getting upset day by day. After every 10 to 20 minute I get a feeling to it again and again. And I want to quite it right now. Plse sur help me.
I had 3 beers 1 week ago and some sea food with some cigarettes, next morning I found my mouth sore. It recovered a little bit but now fully. Please help me
I hv pain in my lower back region since one month n I HV hot n cold sensitivity in lower back tooth region.
I feel heavy jaw and pain near jaw area and teeth sensitivity. I feel little heaviness in jaw area and while opening. What should I do for this?
How to remove the florine on my teeth with natural techniques. Give me some natural remedies to wash away florine.
My wife is pregnant. She is now in 9 month. We actually found few weeks back tht her front teeth are widening. I. E. Noticeable distance is formed between her upper front teeth. And she is reporting tht her teeth gums are painting severely. please advise what to do.
Tooth decay is treated removing the damaged portion of your tooth and substituting it with ‘fillings’. Fillings can be made up of different materials such as silver amalgam, porcelain, gold or even plastic. Hence these plastic, tooth-colored, glass mixtures that are used to restore decayed teeth are known as composite fillings. Composites are also used for changing the color of or reshaping disfigured teeth.
How are they placed?
The dentist sets the composite in layers employing a specialized UV Laser light to harden each of the layers. After this, the dentist moulds the composite to fit in your tooth. The composite is then polished to prevent premature staining or wearing out of the composite. Good shaping and polishing of the tooth to produces a virtually invisible restoration.
When are composite fillings used?
White fillings can be used for cosmetic options as well.
- Short or spaced out teeth: Composites are able to reshape any deformed teeth or add length to a tooth.
- Cracked or chipped teeth: It can fill in any chips or worn down teeth to appear healthy yet again.
- Smile Makeover: It does not require for healthy tooth structure to be removed unlike a veneer
Preventive dentistry: The molars in the back have deep groves on the sides that food particles can get trapped in causing infection. The composite can be filled in those areas as a preventative.
Advantages of Composites:
- The shade of the composite filling is well suited to match the color of your existing teeth.
- They can chemically bond to your tooth structure, rendering additional support.
- Composite fillings are also used to mend broken or cracked teeth.
- With composite filling, not much of your tooth structure needs to be taken off as compared to amalgam fillings.
Precautions with Tooth coloured fillings
- Composite fillings wear faster as compared to silver fillings should be replaced within 3-7 years.
- Need regular follow up care or maintenance as they are subject to microleakage.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.