Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.
Hi'sir /mam I'm suffering from blisters on tongue. Please tell me any solutions. I'm fasting everyday so. I can eat food.
Hi, My teeth become yellow but I brush everyday 2 tym one tym in morning or one tym at night bt my teeth becomes yellow what can I do to get a white and shinier teeth.
Hello I M 26 years old, and I have sensitive in my teeth, when I eaten cold water my teeth very strongly pain.
Good day 1 week ago saturday I had a very bad injury I fall down on ice and injure my left leg. I went toi the hospital and stayed one day there now they saying my muscles above my left knee (ferrum) was a little bit broken open and we can do two things they told me or we make operation or put a brace. I have chosen for a brace and they told me 4 weeks home to recover with the brace and do not walk too much and walk with crutches. My question is will I recover with my leg totally after a lot of rest and do not walk too much.
Any home remedies to make yellow teeth as white teeth? And does baking soda helps for this or it causes side effect?
I have OSMF. I can open mouth well. But my major problem is that I cannot eat chilly. I can eat spicy. Can you suggest me plz.
I have 6 month old baby. He has teething pain. Can you suggest something to make it easy for my baby Thnx.
As we say precaution is better than cure so for healthy gums
-practise good oral hygiene
-brush twice daily
-use warm water for gargles
-use a good quality soft toothbrush
-change your brush every 3-4 months
-garlge with warm water after every meal
-avoid junk and sticky food
-visit your dentist every six months.
I went on a diet to reduce my weight. After that I feel some pain in my teeth. Can the two things be related?
I am diabetic patient 57 years of age blood sugar under control. I got some problem with lower jaw tooths. If the same is extracted, I heard side effect on eye and Ear. Please clarify.
2nd: change ur brush every 3mnths
3rd : Brush for 3mins