Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Hitesh M ChhedaYour feedback matters!
I have red eyes and I'm feeling weak and tired I'm not able to see anything properly what I should do?
I have pain in my eyes even I sleep at right time and wake at right time. What is the cause of this?
I am 19 year old. From past 3 days my right eye became red at right side of right eye. Tears are coming through the right eye. I have used eye drops. But no result.
I have red eyes for four days so what I will do? please give me answer please please please reply fast.
I have abnormal swelling in my right eye lid which aches. It turned red since yesterday. What should I do?
hi doc,my right eye lid has 2 growing white spots (nose side).what dose that indicate?cure for that pl,
She has running nose Running eyes Mild cold always present Blockage of nose Allergy all time Continued from 2013 to up to date Consult number of doctors.
I am having chickenpox and since 5 days my one eye is red and it pains a little when I see suddenly to bright light. What it must be?
I want to go for LASIK surgery for y eyes. I have myopia. Is it okay to get surgery done at the age of 35.
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
I have red eyes for over a week now. What should I do now? Also my face colour turns pale sometimes.
Hi doctor, my left eye has become swollen and red. It all started 5 days ago when I develop chicken pox. Still have it. Does chicken pox comes in eye? It discharges sometime tears and waste material in large quantity. My eye is feeling heavy and it is not showing any improvement. Can you suggest me how to cure it. It is painful.
I am 25yr old female. I work for a software company. Sometimes my eyes feel very stressed and get headache. What should I do?
I have a squint in right at 4years old. Now am 27 years recently I consult ophthalmologist in hyderabad vision is very low in squint eye it is possible to do squint correction surgery but after 5 years right eye will come same position I need squint didn't repeat again in my life then what will I do any source is there.
My eye was paining once I go to the doctor but not find a perfect check up what can I do the doctor says that I do not neet gogle.
An inflammation resulting in the formation of a thin layer inside the eyelids or the white part of the eyeball is known as pink eye or conjunctivitis. This condition turns the eye ball into pinkish color, hence the name. Based on the severity of the infection, either one or both eyes get affected.
What are the common symptoms?
- Medium to heavy swelling of the eye
- Eye crusting after sleep
- A burning sensation
- Irritation, itching or blurred vision
- Redness and increased sensitivity of the eye
Different kinds of conjunctivitis:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This is the type of conjunctivitis that results from eye irritants such as animal dander, dust particles and pollen. This is not infectious in nature. Treatment prescribed by ophthalmologist includes eye drops and non-steroidal medications. It is advised to keep the eye moist till it gets cured.
- Viral Conjunctivitis: As the name suggests, this kind of conjunctivitis is caused due to a viral attack. Sadly though, antibiotics don’t work and there is no particular medication for this type of conjunctivitis. Like common cold, viral conjunctivitis runs its course in a span of 1-2 weeks. Since virus is contagious, it is necessary to ensure that the microbes don’t spread. Some common prevention measures are listed below:
- Eye cosmetics should be abandoned till the conjunctivitis is cured
- Hands should be frequently cleaned
- Hand and eyes should not be in contact
- Frequent change of pillow covers, towels and clothes
- Swimming should be completely avoided
- Spectacles in place of lens should be used until advised otherwise by a medical practitioner
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This kind of conjunctivitis is caused by the streptococcal bacteria and has potential to cause real damage if proper medication is not taken on time. This is highly contagious. Prescription often includes antibiotic drop and ointments. The medication is prescribed for 2-3 weeks depending on the level of bacterial spread in the eye. It is very essential to complete the full course of medication to avoid recurrence. Prevention measures as stated above should be strictly followed.
- Chemical conjunctivitis: Eye irritants such as chlorine cause this conjunctivitis. Frequent swimmers often get affected by this type of eye infection. Topical steroids are prescribed to cure this kind of infection. Immediate medical attention is required to avoid lasting injury to the eye.
How to prevent pink eye?
While prevention is the best way to refrain from conjunctivitis, some basic hygiene checks are very important. Here is a list of must do’s:
- Do not share personal items such as combs, towels and toiletries.
- Stay away from a conjunctivitis infected patient
- Using of goggles while swimming
- Frequent usage of hand sanitizer and hand wash