Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Hiten MakewanYour feedback matters!
I am 18 year old I have boil near the eye. So that my eye goes inside and swelled around my eyes what I do. And tell me some medicine name please.
Problems related to the eyes and vision have a very gradual onset. The only way to be certain of the condition of your eyes is with a comprehensive eye examination. An eye exam can tell you if something is wrong before you begin to feel any pain or experience redness, strain etc and can thus help you treat the problem in its earliest stages.
One of the most common reasons to schedule an eye examination is vision difficulty. Along with refractive errors such as near sightedness and far sightedness, here are a few other conditions that can be diagnosed through an eye exam.
This is condition where the eyes are misaligned or where one eye has a significantly higher refractive error than the other. Left untreated, this can result in permanent vision loss in the affected eye and worsen the refractive error in the other eye as well.
This condition is also known as crossed eyes. In such a case, both eyes look in different direction and do not focus on the same thing. It is caused by poor muscle control over the eyes and can lead to problems focusing on something and with the perception of depth and distance.
Most diseases of the eye such as glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy have negligible symptoms in their early stages. The only way to correctly diagnose these is by taking a look at the inside of the eye which can be done only by a complete eye exam.
If you see floaters in your line of vision or flashes of light, scheduling an eye exam is essential. This can help diagnose problems such as retinal detachment or tears in the retina.
The eyes are commonly affected by health conditions such a high blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes etc. In some cases, a detailed eye checkup can diagnose these problems even before you know you are suffering from them.
Age related conditions
With age, the muscles of the eye deteriorate as well. In many cases, this leads to difficulty reading and night blindness. Cataracts are also common eye problems that affect many elderly people. If diagnosed early enough most of these conditions can be treated but if left unattended they may lead to vision loss.
An eye exam should be scheduled once every alternate year. This is especially in the case of people over the age of 40 and in children up to the age of 18.
My left hand in some Susan and pain is continuous and eye problem when water in contact then red occurs.
I am having red itchy eyes all of a sudden, having a feel like some particles has got stuck in my eyes. At night specially itches a lot and in the morning I woke up with sticky watery discharge. What to do? Does it requires any treatment or it'll go gradually? Any tips please.
I am having headache, as well as eye pain. When I reading, tears come out. I am using glasses, power is minor and glasses are new. I changed them one month ago. Pain started from last night. Which medicine shall I take?
Hi, I am getting tried now a days when I am returning from office. What may be the reason. Let me know what I need to do.
Hello I am having white layer on my eye from past 2 months I am unable to see things properly may I know what is the problem?
I am 25 years old male I have eye sight problem day by day increasing by sight problem last two years before I use a contact Lance's then my sight power has increased so now I am using glass only and now my power is -7 how can I reduce my sight power as well as soon.
I have suffering from fever for thee days and pain in eyes I take combiflam but not relief please sr advise me.
Hi doctor, My mom's age is 46. Now a days on during the periods time she is facing the problem such as heavy stomach pain and over flow. We have consulted with doctor but they said some problem in the uterus, we need to operate else possible to cure by medicines but now a days she is baring too much of pain and bleeding also increased. So what kind of therapy need to follow to relief from pain/? Is there any possible chances to cure that problem without an operation? Will you help us?
In my eyes have pain when seen screen of mobile and TV on high brightness. I have use glass of brown shade. But its to do headache.
I'm suffering from stomach pain at lower left side. Suffering from headache. It's paining even when I'm walking and doing exercise. There is no kidney problem. What is the reason? My stool is dull. When I'm eating non veg it is in dark colour and urine is in yellow colour. My BP is normal. I'm having sight. There is no pain in eyes.
If you have got diabetes, then it is quite natural that you will soon face acute eye troubles. This is the reason diabetic patients are always suggested to keep their blood sugar levels controlled so that eye troubles can be easily avoided. Thorough medical check-up is required in order to detect conditions of the eyes. Some of the commonest eye troubles occurring due to diabetes are cataract, glaucoma, blurry vision, diabetic retinopathy and others.
List of eye diseases caused by diabetes:
- Diabetic Retinopathy: When the retina's smallest blood vessels get severely damaged due to increased blood sugar, then this kind of eye condition occurs. Early detection of this eye condition can save your eyes, but if it is too late, then nothing can be done, and it might even lead to blindness.
- Cataract: Fogging or clouding condition can bring this kind of condition and this can only be corrected by wearing proper corrective lenses. However, if you fail to control diabetes, then in spite of wearing glasses, your eye condition might get deteriorated day-by-day. Glared or blurred vision is the most common symptom in this regard.
- Glaucoma: When the eye fluid is not drained properly, then this kind of eye trouble occurs. In fact, eye pressure increases to a great extent as a result of which delicate eye nerves can get severely damaged. The blood vessels of the eyes can get clogged causing greater interruption in vision. Medicines can make aqueous humor to get drained in a proper manner, and thus you should go for a proper eye check-up so that you can acquire the requisite medicines. Some popular symptoms of glaucoma are headaches, eye aches, blurred vision, watery eyes, vision loss and others.
- Diabetic macular edema: This eye disease mainly occurs in the advanced stage of diabetic retinopathy. Macula is nothing, but the most delicate part of retina and when it gets swollen, then you might face this eye trouble. Only medications can help you to get rid of the same and thus immediate medical help is needed.
- Blurry vision: Though this is quite a small and temporary eye issue for diabetic patients, but this condition might turn into a serious one if you neglect to correct the same in the very beginning. You might even face blindness due to negligence of this trouble. Also, fluctuating sugar-levels should be stabilized so that this kind of trouble can be easily tackled.