Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Hiten KeniaYour feedback matters!
My tailend bone is paining so much that can not sit And lightly swollen wht is the reason this is the first time wht tablet to take for pain relief.
Am gaining weight a lot. Legs are paining and weight is 55 kg. Kindly help me with a diet chart and exercise. Should I join aerobics.
Hi, i'm having snapping hip, knee, scapula syndrome, specifically in all the three major joints. Please recommend me any proper diet/ precaution to make back in my healthy life? *can I do indian push ups while having a snapping scapula syndrome*?
I have pain in in my lower back after last day gym session its increasing with time what should i do?
I am a 45 years old man had an accident 14 years ago an got 21 stitches on my knee cap and now from 10 years I can't fold my leg from the knee cap i.e. to the backward direction please tell the effective home massages and effective relief for my knee joint.
I am 23 years old now. I am suffering from back heel pain. What kind of medicine should I take now? I.
I am 48 yrs male have peripheral nuretis taking gabentin and ayurvedeic medicne 93 kgs severe burning sensation starts in the evening difficulty in car driving due to numbness.
I am having pain in my knee and back. Last year I had stone in my kidney. Is it has something to do with that? what should I do?
Hi, my daughter aged 6.5 years is suffering from muscle spasm in her neck. She is not able to move her neck right. What medicine should I administer her.
I am 43 year old male, I am having pain and swelling in knees and weakness since a day. any suggestions.?
I am a 19 year old girl n I usually suffer from backache which is more common in morning time n it pains a lot am I suffering from any serious disease?
Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones of its sufferers. This is most commonly found in women, especially in those who are close to, or going through, menopause. Hormonal changes around this period in a woman's life usually lead to various changes in her body. One of these changes includes loss of bone tissue which can leave the patient with brittle and weak bones, a condition that is also known as osteoporosis. This condition literally imbibes the word porous, meaning hollow bones. It is born from an acute deficiency of calcium and Vitamin D. The DEXA Scan or bone density test, also known as the Dual Energy X Ray Absorptiometry Scan, is one of the most effective tests that can help you in detecting this kind of damage or thinning bones. Here's why.
- Fractures: The DEXA Scan is an important one because it sends low energy beams to areas like your joints and tissues to show how susceptible you are to fractures. It does so by measuring the strength of the tissues as well as the bones to see how brittle they may be.
- Other Ailments: Measuring the thinning of your bones can also point to the presence of other ailments that may have gone unnoticed or undetected, earlier. These can include kidney disease, hyperparathyroidism which happens due to overactive secretions of the said gland, as well as liver disease due a malfunctioning liver, intestinal disease and various disorders in the intestinal tract, and a serious Vitamin D deficiency. With this scan, you can get an insight into the other parts of the body affected by the bone density, and whether or not they are functioning properly.
- Estrogen: Simply checking the estrogen levels cannot ascertain whether or not you have osteoporosis, as a high estrogen level can be credited to a particularly heavy period cycle. It does not show the bone health the way a DEXA Scan does.
- Easy and Standardised: This method of scanning usually happens with the help of a mounted X ray machine type, hand held gadget which can be extended to conduct the scan. This is an easy and standardised method that releases low levels of radiation which also makes it a healthier option.
- Bone Density Scores: The T Scores and Z scores point towards the bone density and help in diagnosing the condition efficiently. With a systematic scoring system, it is a sure shot test for osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a serious condition. The first step in treating the same is to get a detailed scan like the DEXA scan done, so as to test the extent of the bone thinning to ensure that proper and timely treatment takes place.