Find numerous Occupational Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Speech Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Hitasha MeraniYour feedback matters!
I am having pain in my left arm and shoulder since the last fifteen days. I am not able to raise my left hand up or move in reverse direction. My sugar and triglyceride level are normal.
My mother is diagnosed with umbilical hernia and Incisional Hernia. Age:66, Height:5 ft 2 inch, Weight:83 kg. Current Medical condition: Thyroid medicine in morning Previous Operations: Child from C-section, Thyroid,Liver abcess, Varicose veins ,Knee surgery We have consulted 2 doctors: 1st Doctor advised: Hernia Repair Surgery Abdomenoplasty 2nd Doctor advised: Open Hernia Repair Surgery using Mesh and advised to reduce weight/Fat before operation as she is fatty. Which treatment is advisable considering the age and previous history. P.S: Hb (haemoglobin) of my mother is usually low around 9.5.
Hi sir good afternoon my problem is my left leg heel is getting pain and burning could please advise what is the problem how can I cure it.
I'm 45 year old since one month I have pricking pain, burning sensation on the tip of the fingers of the left hand. The pain start from the forefinger and gradually shift from finger to fingers but it is not a continuous pain. What is the reason for it and what are the home remedies for it.
The area under my eyes usually gets swelled up and I suffer from frequent pain in joints. Please suggest some remedy for it.
I am 35 year old man, I have joint pain in my arm from 6 month. I have taken many medicen, what I can take for relief, kindly tell me, what should I do?
Hi Sir My brother having TB and he is on medication since last 5-6 months and now also continue, now he having problem of feet pain and burning since last 1 month doctor have prescribed every pain killer but neither pain nor burning in feet benefit. MRI Spine and Feet is also normal Pls advise what to do Thanks.
My mom is just 39years old nd she is having joint pains. What shall I do? What vitamins or medicine she should intake. Need suggestions.
I have lot of pain in joints knees ankles heel region unable to walk early morning n on long sittings n standing please tell me what might be the reason.
I do gyming but now my elbow and forearms are paining when I try to lift heavy dumbbell what should I do?
He has been suffering in a high fever 101 c or 103 c. Joint pains alot. He has taken medicine for fever after that fever doesn't occur for sometime. Please suggest me what to do.
My daughter has 6 mm gallstone. I doesn't want to operate her. She is just 4 years old. I want to know on which age n on what conditions I should get her operated. What's the precautions I should take for her for diet n all. Does this gallstone harm to lever n how I will know this.
My mother is 49 years old, she is having shoulder pain from last week. She's complaining that pain is unbearable.
My mother had spine problem and frequently it pains. Her hand pain and can't hold any heavy object for long time what should she do to reduce the pain and lead a better life?
I am 45 years old and working in bank as a cashier, I am suffering from pain in my right shoulder for more than 1 year. I consulted two ortho experts, they x rayed my shoulder in different angles and prescribed medicine which is of no use, the pain still persisting. Can any body guide how to get rid of this ?
In Ayurveda, joint pain is known as 'Sandhigata Vata'. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint pains and other discomforts associated with it. Natural remedies and proper lifestyle techniques can be utilized to balance the 'vata' to lessen the occurrence and severity of joint pain. Factors including,old age, obesity, injury and strenuous physical activities (that require a lot of joint movements) are responsible for disturbing the balance of your 'vata'.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Massage therapy: Warm coconut, castor, mustard, olive or garlic oil can be utilized to massage the affected areas to lessen the intensity of pain. If you massage the affected joints with natural oils, it improves blood circulation and relaxes the swelling and stiffness in the region.
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Fenugreek: Ingest a teaspoon of ground fenugreek seeds and drink a glass of lukewarm water. Fenugreek has anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties that make it effective for joint pains.Follow this remedy every morning on a regular basis to achieve optimal results.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Apple cider vinegar: Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a little honey to a cup of lukewarm water. Drink this solution twice daily, before your meals. Apple cider vinegar has alkalizing effect, which makes it an effective remedy to remove the toxins that are responsible for causing joint pain.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain.
Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time.
Related Tip: "Why Do Women Face Joint Pain Problems More Than Men?"