Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Hitasha Merani

Occupational Therapist, Mumbai

Dr. Hitasha Merani Occupational Therapist, Mumbai
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

My favorite part of being a doctor is the opportunity to directly improve the health and wellbeing of my patients and to develop professional and personal relationships with them....more
My favorite part of being a doctor is the opportunity to directly improve the health and wellbeing of my patients and to develop professional and personal relationships with them.
More about Dr. Hitasha Merani
Dr. Hitasha Merani is one of the best Occupational Therapists in Mumbai, Mumbai. She is currently associated with Angels Clinic in Mumbai, Mumbai. Save your time and book an appointment online with Dr. Hitasha Merani on

Find numerous Occupational Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 27 years of experience on You can find Occupational Therapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Angels Clinic

Mahalaxmi Ground Floor, S-6, Kapole Society, NS-Road,-12, Juhu villeparle Development, MumbaiMumbai Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Hitasha Merani

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Im having breathlessness and along with that sudden anxiety. Im having tingling sensation in feet legs and hands. Moreover calf muscles feels like exhausted. Im feeling like fainting! please help. It is happening now. please help.

Pulmonologist, Delhi
Breathing difficulty may cause you to increase your respiratory rate to maintain adequate oxygen in body but this increased rate can wash out excess carbon dioxide from body acutely which can precipitate your other symptoms.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dear Doctors, I am having inlingua hernia at both side, it's middle stage now. I would request you to please suggest any medicine to recover it with out surgery.

MS - General Surgery, MBBS
General Surgeon,
Hi, you have Bilateral Inguinal Hernia. Your Abdominal contents like intestine and Ommentum are travelling through the Inguinal Canal into the groin on coughing. There is no medication for this. You need surgery and that too pretty quickly. The surgery is called Hernioplasty. A polypropylene mesh is also put after repair to avoid recurrence. It's not a big surgery and the there is no risk to life. Please show a General Surgeon and get it operated. Otherwise the contents might get stuck and become gangrene and that later causes risk to life.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 75 years old. I am suffering from leg pain in thighs & lower leg muscle, heating sensation under feet and numbness in outer thigh, can walk only for one minute there after pain start, I have under gone angiography before one year, now with two stunts in place. After angiography I was able to walk normally for two months and there after again same pain started in my leg. Please advise what test to perform to get rid of leg pain,

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics
Orthopedist, Delhi
Requires detailed investigation and examination Presently investigations suggested: hb, tlc, dlc, esr, blood sugar fasting & pp, uric acid vit d xray of the affected part. Anyway you may try sleep on a hard bed with soft bedding on it. Spring beds, folding beds or thick mattress are harmful use no pillow under the head do hot fomentation. Paracetamol 250mg od & sos x 5days. Caldikind plus 1tab od x10. Do neck back knee & general exercises. It may have to be further investigated. Do not ignore it. Let it not become beginning of a bigger problem. Make sure you are not allergic to any of the medicines you are going to take. If it does not give relief in 4-5days, inform.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am having pain in my feet from some days, usually I feel pain when I walk more a and the pain is persisting for 10 days.

D.A.M.S( A. M.), D.AC/B.E.M.S
Acupressurist, Mumbai
You should take acupressure therapy and take biochemic mag phos 200x + calc flour 200x 4 tab each thrice a day with warm water and take it 5 days and consult private online.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have daily foot pains after wake up. And some swelling in foots do not no wat to do tel me some suggestion.

MPT - Orthopedic Physiotherapy, BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Noida
According your age this may be deficiency of vit 12 and calcium levels. Avoid long standing and do ice pack on the pain swelling area for 20 minutes and do calf stretching exercise.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have pain under the feet specially under the heel and can't properly walk due to pain. It swells sometimes. I take painkillers and hot water therapy but it comes back again. please help. I have checked my uric acid. It is under 5.

MBBS, MD - Anaesthesiology, FIPM
Pain Management Specialist, Pune
Heel pain is most likely due to plantar fascitis.The treatment mostly is conservative and lifestyle modifications to achieve maximum functionality with minimum pain. Follow these lifestyle changes religiously to get benefit. 1. Reduce body weight as obesity will aggravate the stress on heel. 2. Avoid exercises like running / walking on hard surfaces. Stop such activities when you start developing pain. 3. Roll your feet on bottle of cold water for 20 mins 4 times a day or can apply ice pack. 4. Use shoes with silicone sole inserts. 5. Do calf muscle and heel stretches daily. 6. Avoid prolonged standing or sitting. 7. Use night splint to keep foot flexed at night. Stop using it once pain is relieved. 8. Use analgesics like Ibuprofen for decreasing pain and inflammation. With proper lifestyle changes as above 90 % patients have relief and functionality. Only 10% patients would require surgical intervention like plantar fascia release or gastrocnemius recession. For further queries consult again.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

When I am going to the playing cricket then pain in my shoulder then what should I do?

Physiotherapist, Kota
Shoulder pain or elbow pain or HAND PAIN k liye ap ice massage kijiye … jurck se bachiye or shoulder wheeler exercise kijiye. Clapping kijiye. Sweeling aye to ice massage kijiye ……rotation krte rahiye. Elbow m pain ho to ap ultra sound lgaiye 4-10 days pulley exercise kijiye or weight cuff bandh kr 1-2kg k weight cuff se pendullaer exercise kijiye…. I hope get well soon thnx. Wrist pain k liye stimuleter ka use kr sakte h …. Or fingers k liye mobilization bi krsakte h I hope get well soon……thnx
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir mere father paraplegics hai due to spinal Cord injury kaya koi treatment hai Jo WO thik ho sake please suggest me a treatment.

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hello, Arnica 1M, 5 drops once daily in the morning. Causticum 200, drops once daily at night. Revert after 15 days.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have a bit if pain just below where the ribs end. I got ultrasound of liver resulting fatty liver. The doctor said pain is because if fatty liver. This pain normally gets aroused in the evening when I sit for long. When I lay down or stand it gets away. What should I do.

MD - Kayachikitsa, Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Faridabad
Kindly take proper ayurveda treatment for fatty liver. Also adopt a healthy lifestyle. Take a proper walk of at least half an hour. Take meals in time. Avoid oily starchy food. Take ample quantity of fruits and salad in your diet.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have very very pain in my arms and head. This pain always remain in my head so please advise me and give me a permanent solution. Bcz I m very sad due to this pain.

General Physician, Mumbai
For headache take tablet paracetamol and we need to rule out cervical spondylosis after clinical examination
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I feel suicidal for no reason, I often try to slit my wrist. What do I do to make these thoughts go away?

Reparenting Technique, BA, BEd
Psychologist, Bangalore
They are not just thoughts alone; there is a lot of unexpressed anger lurking within you that needs to desperately express itself. This anger is turned inwards and the result is this tendency to hurt yourself or terminate yourself. Whenever it seems that there is no specific reason, then it is bound to be something from early childhood that needs to be dealt with. Meet with a counselor and identify the feeling and thoroughly expend it out of your system. Your parents will know a lot of factors that may have contributed to this situation. Life is extremely precious and no one has a right to willfully end it unless there are very justifiable reasons. If you visit a geriatric ward in any hospital you will know the premium that is placed on survival, and how every possible way you can stretch life is attempted on frail and weak bodies that are in the twilight of their lives. You must also show that regard for your life, especially when you are that young and life is just beginning. You are obviously a bankrupt person spiritually: no spiritually sound person will contemplate suicide. Life is a gift of God and to be held in high esteem and preserved at all costs. You are probably depressed and when people are in that state, life looks miserable, hopeless, and futile. Depression can be resolved and if you have not used all the options to resolve depression, you would be inadvertently throwing away your precious life, never to get it back again. This life is an opportunity and since you have probably not utilized it well for various unfounded reasons please look at it with other people for other options and it will seem better. People who contemplate suicide are lonely people: just addressing that problem alone you will find good reasons to live. Failed or the threat of failed relationships are at the bottom of most suicides. A newer theory about suicide, devised by an American psychologist called Thomas Joiner, states that three main factors can cause someone to turn to suicide. They are: •A perception (usually mistaken) that they are alone and no one cares about them. •A feeling (again, usually mistaken) that they are a burden on others and that people would be better off if they were dead. •Fearlessness towards pain and death. Fearlessness poses the biggest risk that someone will commit a successful suicide attempt – they may fear the pain more than the fear of death. Go out there and conquer the world and don't ever let it get the better of you, ever.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 42 years old Woman. My problem is from few weeks I have pain in the elbow. I feel as if inside the bone is paining. If I hold anything straight the pain is there in the bone of the elbow joint. This pain is only in my right hand. If I make a tight fist also I can feel the pain. Can you pls guide to what I have to do?

Physiotherapist, Surat
Mostly pain in elbow is due to strained or inflamed soft tissues like tendon. As per the symptoms (pain while making fist) seems you are suffering from tennis elbow. After looking to your pain I would recommed you for some care that you can take at home. If possible visit some physio who can give you several mdalities like us, ift etc to cure the pain. Along with it we have a special program designed in case tennis elbow) like hold relax, mulligans etc just to get relief from pain. Precautions: 1. Avoid weight lifting. 2. Avoid doing twisting moments like supination-pronation which usally is done while playing badmitton or while washing clothes. 3. Give rest to your work for some days. 4. Wear forearm band to rest your muscles. 5. Avoid bending your elbow into positions that cause the symptoms. Treatment: 1. Give rest to your elbow. If severe pain you can use sling to avoid gravity pressure. 2. Ice and hot pack combo. Apply ice for 3 min and then hot for 2 min. There is very good result of both applications together. After 3 days of taking contrast therapy you can make the ice and hot ratio as 1: 1 mean one min cold and then one min hot. Start with hot pack and ends with cold. Take it for 15-18 min thrice a day for early recovery. Please make sure it should not be too hot or too cold. 3. Massage using your 2 fingers over the painful area. 4. Exercises: start the exercise once your pain is decreased atleast 50-60% a) palm lifting b) elbow up and down in gravity eliminated position c) strengthening of elbow muscles. For any query please contact me right away. Good luck and get well soon.
4 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have uric acid level 9mg and my CRP test shows reactive. I have swelling on my left leg pad pain. Treatment is going on. I have visited one orthopedics for pain but then he asked for uric acid and CRP tests. Is there any special doctor for this with specialty in this.

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine
Internal Medicine Specialist, Faridabad
Avoid protein diets, avoid more milk products. bad habits , fast food/fat/oily,salty foods. Coffee, smoking, alcohol intake. Non-veg., take whole grain,oats,green veg.,plenty of water in day time, 1 glass of water at night before bed. Take tab. Zyloric 100 mg once a day. Tab. Ulracet sos for pain in joints. Tab. Bencid 500 mg once a day.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Can you please tell me the treatment for frozen shoulder. Having pain in right shoulder while moving up & back. what to do?

Diploma in Acupuncture, Pranic Healing, MD - Acupuncture
Acupuncturist, Bangalore
Massage with your thumbs from the mid points of the shoulder blades on both sides towards the lower back of your head up to lower level of the ears. Use oil or water for massage. Rotate your head clockwise and anticlockwise, forward and down, left and right a few times. Do for 5 to 10 times morning and evening. Give pressure the dipping point on the portion between the thumb and the index finger on the back of the palm. Press and release for 15 times where the pain is more. This will solve the problem. Further do some wrist rotation exercise. Inform after 5 days.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 42 year old. I have pain in back side. Also I have a problem with joint pain.

MPT - Orthopedic Physiotherapy, BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Noida
Calcium supplements and according your age tk spine x-ray. Di heat fermentation twice a day and rest. Stretching exercise of back. Avoid long sitting toward bending.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 27 years old. I am having chest pain at left side with pain in left hand and shoulder, neck. Also heavy head, head sensation, and headache with shaking in whole body with mild breathing problem from last 2 months. Also feeling heart beat (dhak- dhak) in whole body specially in stomach. Also from last 3 days feeling left chest vibration & nausea with tiredness all time. Dr. Did ecg twice, blood test n chest x Ray all are normal. Still have pain even now. Could you please assist me?

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine
Internal Medicine Specialist, Faridabad
if all reports are normal it may due to can do tests ECHO. Start with easily digested foods such as gelatin, crackers and toast. When you can keep these down, try cereal, rice, fruit, and salty or high-protein, high-carbohydrate foods. Avoid fatty or spicy foods. Wait to eat solid foods until about six hours after the last time you vomited
10 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

MY WIFE SUFFERING FROM NEUROMA IN RIGHT FOOT. My wife’s right leg twisted in Dec. 2015, she also get plaster for 2 months she could not get good relief. And continuing she complain pain in leg. We consult so many Dr. and Dr. Always give some medicine, Ankle Binder, supporters etc. In 2016 a Dr. Advice me for MRI and than he told she has Neuroma. He also gave an intra articular injection. But still she has no relief. Please suggest me what to do?

C.S.C, D.C.H, M.B.B.S
General Physician,
Morton's neuroma involves a thickening of the tissue around one of the nerves leading to your toes. This can cause a sharp, burning pain in the ball of your foot. Your toes also may sting, burn or feel numb. High-heeled shoes have been linked to the development of Morton's neuroma. Many people experience relief by switching to lower heeled shoes with wider toe boxes. Sometimes corticosteroid injections or surgery may be necessary.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am diabetic since last 02 yrs, age-42 yrs, now sugar level is normal since last 06 months, pain in body especially on chest, back, shoulder joints, please suggest me.

Dip. SICOT (Belgium), MNAMS, DNB (Orthopedics), MBBS
Orthopedist, Delhi
Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am dr akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. I want to know your detailed clinical history, your relevant investigations, your treatment records till now. It helps me to better understand your condition and prescribe accordingly. Please also mention your co-morbid conditions and drug allergy. Can you kindly get some basic blood tests like cbc, esr, crp, s vitamin d and s potassium levels done and send reports across to me please. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance. Thanks & regards Dr Akshay Kumar Saxena
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Good morning Sir I have a ligament tear on my right hand shoulder I took MRI scan. I have consulted a doctor he told that it is a partial tear and he advised me to take rest for 3 months and he gave some medicines but after 2 months I started playing badminton it is paining now. U can please give me any medicines for this.

Physiotherapist, Noida
Hot Fomentation. Gentle Shoulder Stretching. Core Strengthening Exercises. Gentle Neck Exercises. Avoid sleeping on affected side.. Warm up and cool down is a must. Hot fomentation.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed