Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Hiren S. SodhaYour feedback matters!
Kidneys are an important part of the human body. From filtering wastes from the blood to maintaining the blood pressure and red blood cell count in the body, the kidney does it all. Both the kidneys are essential organs and should there be any discomfort in the kidneys, one should consult a medical practitioner as soon as possible. Kidney failure is a common problem in people. This issue manifests itself with certain signs and symptoms. One should listen to these symptoms and act quickly before the condition worsens. Here are some of the signs and symptoms of kidney failure.
Interestingly, in the initial stages, kidney failure portrays no symptoms. It starts developing slowly and steadily causing discomfort in other parts of the body and hindering the working of other organs.
Weakness: If you are suffering from kidney failure, you will start feeling weak. Weakness is however not a symptom which can confirm a kidney failure. Weakness is caused due to many other health issues and thus, you need to verify with other symptoms to be sure of the fact that you are suffering from kidney failure only.
Shortness of Breath: You may start experiencing heavy breathing right after doing some rigorous work. In fact, you might feel shortness of breath or be panting for long moments after climbing just a set of stairs. Shortness of breath is quite common indicating that the body is getting tired after doing work. Such indication, more than once a day, calls for an immediate check up of the body.
Lethargy: While most people, especially the young generation to those in the early thirties jokingly declare themselves as lazy people; lethargy, however, is a symptom of many diseases. Various health issues develop if you feel lethargic of working. Apart from kidney failure, diabetes is also manifested in lethargic body movements. At times, just getting out of the bed in the morning seems very tiring and one continues to lie on the bed even after he/she is fully awake.
Stomach Pain: If you experience pain in the stomach, especially in the sides, then it should be immediately checked by a medical practitioner. Doctors say that kidney failure can bring about stomach pains.
Unusual Urine Discharges: This would include clear urine discharges which indicate that the kidney has stopped filtering the waste products.
Thus, these are some of the most important and common symptoms of kidney failure. If you notice any of these, it is advised to visit a doctor for a check up.
I'm suffering from one diseases burning while urinate every time it is from one week and not paining and other problem suggests me tablets.
My liver is fatty. Few days ago I have stone in kidney. I do not exercise. Which type of nutritional food I should take?
When I drink water I need to go to pee within 20 to 30 minutes and it repeats after every 30 minutes is this any kind of diseases and what should I do for it?
Hi, I am 26 years old. My last from last 5 years is kind of on/off. I was diagnosed with UTI infection in the first half of 2012. Later I was diagnosed with typhoid and almost an year later again I was diagnosed with typhoid. Fever/Cold is very frequent. After all this my diet has reduced too much. I take light foods because I wasn't able to digest heavy foods. I don't feel hungry at all. Moreover the have started having tingling pain in the legs after typhoid specially. Whenever I am in cold weather or even if I wash my foot and doesn't properly dry it, it will get cold and slowly the legs will start paining. This year I was diagnosed with lymph node level 1 tuberculosis, but it started last year itself. My diet has been badly affected since then. Kindly help.
Sir. I have seen a person with same problem. He underwent for surgery but the same condition of anal fissure prevailed after 1 year of surgery. So a is surgery a permanent solution to this problem.
Recently one of my relative admitted in hospital due to kidney stone, may I know the reasons for kidney stones gets develop in human body.
I am facing problem of urine leakage, I am trying medicine fromAyurvedic doctor but problem still persist. Can you suggest preventive measure or doctor to cure it completely.
I feel I need to pee but nothing comes out or little bit burning and feeling tense that time when I do pee and also feel perspire.
I have been suffering from stones in kidney for the last two months please suggest better treatment sir.
In August I woke up with very sharp pain and I had to go Emergency Room. They did CT scan and said I've 5mm kidney stone. Followed up with urologist who said without examining me that I probably passed kidney stone. After 1 week I had another sharp pain which I ended up taking very strong pain killer.
Causes of bladder control problems in women
Urinary incontinence is the term used to describe bladder control problems that affect several people. Many think it only occurs among older, menopausal women but it actually isn't uncommon amid young and active women.
Inability to control the bladder accompanied by pain can be symptomatic of various disorders ranging from a minor infection to cancer. Fortunately, bladder cancer is rare, and bladder pain is usually not serious.
The varied causes of urinary incontinence in women are as follows:
- Urinary tract infection: this is the most common cause of urinary incontinence and it affects women more than men due to anatomical factors. It can also happen at any age.
- Medicinal side effect: the inability to control one's bladder may be a result of the administration of certain medicinal substances such as alpha-blockers, antidepressants, sleeping pills and various narcotics.
- Changes in the reproductive system: pregnancy and fluctuations in hormone levels can cause bladder irritation, which leads to urinary incontinence.
- Impacted stool: when stool gets tightly packed in the lower end of the digestive system and rectum, bladder control is affected. Chronic constipation and constraint strain on the lower intestines leads to the weakening of bladder muscles and hampers the bladder control.
- Surgical side effects: temporary loss of control of the bladder is often a result of prior surgery and radiation therapy in the pelvic region.
- Nerve damage and neurological disorders: strokes and spinal cord injuries have a heavy impact on bladder control and amount to urinary incontinence. Diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis also lead to the same.
- Health complications: disorders such as diabetes and obesity directly affect the bladder and the ability to exercise control over it.
- Disability and impaired mobility: for women who are physically impaired and suffer from problems of arthritis, urinary incontinence is a major problem as they are unable to reach the toilet easily.
- Bladder cancer: even though it is extremely rare, bladder cancer affects a number of women every year and is treated through surgery and chemotherapy.
Related Tip: What Makes One Lose Control of the Urinary Bladder?
Hi, since 4 years I am suffering wit urine infection (e-coli) I have changed 8 gynac and 3 urologist but still count of bacteria is not reducing and whenever I have sex it aggravate please help me.
How serious is Prostrate, what is the stage of must surgery, is there any chance of curing by medicine ?
I have problem regarding frequent urination. Taken several medicines but no effect. What should i do?
HELLO SIRI am from sirsa. My ques. Is for my mother. She is suffering from stone pain from someday. She has stone either in kidney or also in bladder. So doctors are giving recommendations to operate it. Is there any treatment for it rather than operation if so pls give your feedback on below mentioned mail id. I will be highly thankful to you.
Kidney stones are formed in the body when mineral deposits in the kidneys tend to crystallize into stones. They may occur in any part of the urinary tract such as bladder, ureters and the urethra. This is a very painful condition, but not a life threatening one. However, in case the pain may become severe; then you may require surgery to treat this condition.
The symptoms of kidney stones are:
- Passing urine may cause pain
- You may have severe pain below the ribs
- Passing of urine which may be colored
- Vomiting and nausea
- You may feel the need to urinate frequently
- You may suffer from frequent chills and fever
- The urine may be smelly and cloudy in its appearance and color
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment as it focusses on rooting out the cause of the disease while improving your overall wellbeing. The various “doshas” in the body need to be balanced in order to treat the disorder. The ayurvedic remedies for kidney stones are:
- Diet: The first and the foremost remedy for kidney stones is rectifying your diet. You should eat nutritious and balanced meals to keep your body in optimal shape. Make sure you include lots of fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Exercise on a regular basis: It is advisable to exercise on a regular basis as it keeps your body healthy. Do cardio exercises to improve your blood circulation. You may include strength training in your workout to increase muscle mass, which will lead to fat loss.
- Herbs: Consuming a mixture of honey and tulsi is a preventive measure for kidney stones. Drinking strained water after boiling radish seeds is another great remedy that is used to treat kidney stones.
- Avoid junk food: Restrict consumption of junk foods as it can create an imbalance of the doshas in the body which may lead to various diseases. Replace junk foods with healthier choices such as nuts and seeds which provide essential nutrients to the body. Maintain a healthy meal routine at proper timings. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.