Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Hiren S. ShahYour feedback matters!
By looking a scanning report of a pregnant lady .did a lab technician can understand and conform the gender of d baby.
WHO Definition : An approach that improves the quality of life of patients and their families facing the problems associated with life-threatening illness, through the prevention and relief of suffering by means of early identification and impeccable assessment and treatment of pain and other problems, physical, psychosocial and spiritual.
Pain relief is the most important in these patients. Currently, Palliative care is developing in India.
My question is my hub gve a surprise party with my frds in a hotel room wer we wer 4 girls and 7 boys (striper) with whom we enjoyed a lot My question I had drinks and had good sex with those boys and I had sme lesbian fun with my frds n nw I am pregnant I checked so hw would I cum to knw is its my hub baby or those strips coz I had sex with my hub on 10th of april n with strioer on 12th.
I am suffering from polycystic ovarian. I have got irregular periods. Please tell me whether this will be a problem for my married life. How do I cure it in right way and in how much time.
With technology at your fingertips, it is hard to think of times when the existence of laptops and television sets was unimaginable. Technology is common enough to be taken for granted in present times. TV and laptops are especially in widespread use. The primary reason could be entertainment, an urge to connect to the larger world, or the need to kill time. Such dependability leads to severe health hazards. Read on to find out more:
Effects of TV and laptops on your health:
- Sleep deprivation: Long hours of exposure to artificial light can lead to sleep deprivation.
- It can also lead to serious vision problems: Watching TV or using laptops for long hours can make your eyes vulnerable to constant glare. You fail to realize, but changing lights of a computer screen or of a television set in a dark room can be extremely strenuous for your eyes to adjust. Constantly changing lights can lead to glaucoma. However, dry and itchy eyes, headaches and poor vision are the commonly noticed effects.
- It causes obesity in children and adults: Since all your work can be done on the internet, you tend to become lethargic. You are too lazy to go to the market or to the bank. Even if you are not watching you use the television for background music. Adults therefore do not make qualitative use of their free time. Children are addicted to playing games and browsing sites on the laptop. They hardly indulge in outdoor games. This leads to obesity in adults and children all the same.
- Propels your desire to eat fast food or packaged food: Binge eating is a very common practice while watching TV or using laptops. Chips, pizzas, burgers, ice- creams, cold drinks and absolutely anything junk devoid of nutritional value are more liked by us. Junk food not only leads to weight gain but is also detrimental to our digestive system.
- Can increase the risk of infertility in men: Laptops heat up when used for a long span of time. This heat can increase scrotum temperature which results in reduced sperm production, leading to infertility.
As is said, nothing in excess is good for your health. It is therefore, best to make controlled use of TV and laptops to avoid its harmful effects.
A kidney stone is like a small rock that forms in the kidney. Stones form when certain chemicals in the body clump together. A stone can either stay in the kidney or travel through the urinary system by passing though the urine and not causing any harm.
What are the symptoms?
Very small stones might pass through the urinary system without causing much pain. Larger stones can block the flow of urine if they get stuck in the ureters or urethra. Kidney stones do not usually cause any symptoms until they start to pass. Some symptoms might include:
Extreme pain in your back or side that will not go away
Blood in your urine
Fever and chills
Who are at risk ?
Anyone can have a kidney stone, but it may be more likely if you:
Are male and are overweight
Have had kidney infections
Have a family member with kidney stones
Have had kidney stones before
Eat a lot of animal protein (such as meat and eggs)
Do not drink enough liquids
Have certain medicines which can cause kidney stones
How are kidney stones treated?
Treatment depends on the location and size of the kidney stone. Drinking plenty of water and taking some medicines can help a small stone to pass more easily. For problem stones, there may be a few options:
Lithotripsy uses shock waves to break a large stone into smaller pieces that can pass.
Ureteroscopic Stone Removal uses a small tool to get and remove stones stuck in the ureters.
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy uses surgery to remove large stones from the kidneys.
Depending on the location of the kidney stone and many other factors the doctor decides on the most suitable procedure.
How can I prevent kidney stones?
If you have had kidney stones before, you are more likely to have kidney stones again. To help keep stones from forming, try to:
Drink 10 to 12 glasses of water each day
Eat less salt (sodium), meat and eggs
Find out what type of stone you have
Ask your doctor for a urine test
Talk to your doctor about your medicines and other tests for kidney stones
Do NOT reduce the calcium in your diet without talking to your doctor first! Studies show that limiting calcium in your diet may not stop kidney stones from forming and may harm your bones.
Hi Doctor! I have 4 months baby giving him Lactogen1 according to Doctor suggestion but day by day I'm putting on weight before pregnancy my weight was 61 kg & now it's 78 kg I want to reduce back my weight I'm doing walking & aerobics but my legs & Abdomen will pain so pls suggest me.
My wife is facing a problem of having a white colour semi liquid getting discharged with foul smell from the genital.
I am in a physical relationship with my girlfriend and we want to enjoy sex without using protections like condom or I pill is there any other way in which she can't get pregnant after having any tablet which can avoid pregnancy for 2 to 3 years.
Copper is found to have many intrinsic properties that are good for your health. It is highly beneficial to store water in a copper cup overnight and drink from it as soon as you wake up.
Some of the benefits of drinking from a copper cup are:
1) Aids digestive functions - Copper has inherent properties that help in the process of digestion. It stimulates the uniform contraction and relaxation of the stomach that eases digestion and helps the food move along the digestive tract. Moreover, it helps to kill bacteria and reduce inflammation in the stomach. Copper also contains properties that help cleanse and detoxify your stomach, aiding and regulating the function of the kidneys and liver.
2) Weight loss - Drinking water from a copper cup on a regular basis can help you shed weight. Copper helps in breaking down fat and also helps to eliminate it efficiently out of the body. Thus, it helps your body to keep whatever it requires and discards the rest.
3) Heals wounds - Copper is also known to possess antibacterial, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties. Due to these properties, it serves to quickly heal both internal and external wounds, while strengthening your immune system.
4) Slows the aging process - The natural remedy for the fine lines on your face might be copper. Rich in anti-oxidants, it helps to fight free radicals, bringing about the formation of new cells. Regularly using copper cups can also give a radiant glow to your face.
5) Helps to prevent heart diseases and cancer - Copper is an effective remedy to prevent the risks of cancer and cardiovascular diseases. According to studies, copper has been found to regulate heart rate, blood pressure and also aids in drastically reducing a person's cholesterol level, leading to improved cardiovascular health. Certain studies have found that copper has anti-cancer effects but the exact mechanism for such a process is still unknown.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.