Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hirasha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. HirashaYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, Pregnancy se reletad qustion hai my wife age is 25 year 2 childs hai mujhe but operation karwaya tha ab ek our bacha chahiye operation reopen karsakte kya please give my anwr kuch prolm tho nhi hoga na.
i am suffering for pcos from 3years. My main problem is very very low menstrual flow, just 2 or 3 drops .I did not need to wear a pad. I am not overweight I am underweight ,my weight is just 40 kg I also suffering from hirthuism. I eat allopathy medicine for 3 years, doctor give me oc oils. Now I am on homeopathic treatment from 2 years, but did not get any result, my period flow is extremely low, It is present in just few seconds and it comes after 45 days. How can get a normal period flow?
I am a mother of 1 1/2 month's toddler. Do I need to follow any particular diet? I am breast feeding my son.
Nipple discharge is a common part of breast functioning, which normally occurs during breast-feeding or pregnancy. It is often associated with the changes of menstrual hormone. The milky discharge post breast-feeding usually continues for up to two years after stopping nursing. The condition normally gets resolved on its own but if the situation persists for a long time resort to medical assistance.
The following are some of the causes of normal nipple discharge:
- Stimulation: Normal nipple discharge can arise due to stimulation; chafing of your breast skin due to tight bras or vigorous exercises.
- Pregnancy: Most women tend to witness clear nipple discharge in the early stages of their pregnancy. Towards the later stages, this discharge usually turns watery and becomes milky in color
- Stopped Breast-feeding: In some cases, nipple discharge continues for some time after the mother has stopped breast-feeding her newborn
- Hormonal Imbalance: Some women notice tenderness in breasts and nipple discharge during their menstrual cycle
What is an abnormal nipple discharge: An abnormal nipple discharge is usually bloody in color and is accompanied with tenderness of the breast. Papilloma is a non-cancerous tumor that is often responsible for bloody nipple discharge. Continuous nipple discharge from one of the breasts or nipple discharge that arises without any stimulation or external irritation is abnormal in nature.
The possible causes of abnormal nipple discharge include:
- Abscess: It is an assortment of pus that get accumulated within the tissues of your body. It is usually accompanied by redness, pain and swelling. Boils and carbuncles are types of abscess. Formation of abscess in breasts may result in nipple discharge.
- Breast cancer: Breast cancer often results in bloody nipple discharge and is often found with a presence of lump in one of the breasts.
- Mastitis: It is a breast infection that affects the tissues of the breast and is usually prominent during breastfeeding. Fatigue, fever and body aches are common in this situation.
- Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS): Normally characterized by the growth of cancerous cells in the milk ducts of your breasts, it is generally identified through mammography screening.
- Fibroadenoma: In this situation most young women witness an appearance of solid, tumor like structure
- Galactorrhea: Galactorrhea is nipple discharge of milk when not pregnant or breastfeeding. The discharge can vary in color and can be expressed from either or both breasts.
What Causes Galactorrhea: Galactorrhea is commonly caused by hyperprolactinemia, especially when it is associated with amenorrhea. Hyperprolactinemia is most often induced by medication or associated with pituitary adenomas or other sellar or suprasellar lesions.
The release of prolactin from the pituitary is held in check by dopamine from the hypothalamus. Prolactin release is encouraged by serotonin and thyrotropin-releasing hormone. This balance can be disrupted by medication (ie. antipsychotics), underactive thyroid function, pituitary tumors, hypothalamic tumors, damage to the pituitary stalk, nipple stimulation, chest trauma, herpes zoster, and emotional stress as well as a variety of other factors.
Addiction is a brain ailment that is characterized by irrational engagement in satisfying stimuli despite of argumentative circumstances. Addiction is an ailment where the brain's Reward system malfunctions and only responds to persistently greater level of addictive stimulus like morphine, cocaine, etc.
There are many varieties of addiction like alcoholism, gambling, sexual intercourse, etc. These force a person to isolate himself from the entire society and indulge in his or her addictions. If they are not supplied with the drugs they may react violently and may even die.
Drug treatment is a type of treatment which is intended to aid the abused users stop the uncontrollable usage of drugs and protect them from the adverse effects of it. This treatment has a variety of forms and takes a lot of time as the drug abuse is a chronic disorder and cannot be treated in a short term. Below mentioned are some of the ways by which you can fight back addiction effectively.
• For individuals who are addicted to drugs such as opium and nicotine (Tobacco) are treated with drugs such as methadone, naltrexone for opium addicted individuals and with varenicline and bupropion for tobacco addicted people.
• For individuals who are greatly addicted to alcohol Disulfiram and acamprosate are the best medications that are available.
• Many individuals are addicted to the prescribed drugs and their treatment is the same as that of drug abuse that affects the brain. Like the medicine buprenorphine, can be used to treat both heroin obsession and addiction to medications for opium pain treatment.
Behavioral treatments may help people to take part in drug abuse therapies and teach ways to cope up with drugs and help them to against relapse if it occurs.
• Group therapies are the latest form of treatment that is advised to the addicted individuals. Group therapies provide the individual social support and help in enforcing behavioral incidents that will help the lead a non-drug-using lifestyle.
• Lastly individuals who are greatly addicted to alcohol or drug abuse or any kind of addictions suffer from depression and also face social, legal and family problems.
Dear Doctor, PCOD PROBLEM: We got married before 6 months. My wife age is 26. She not yet conceive. Last week I come to know that she is having PCOD problem before Marriage itself and she consuming metformin tablet as per doctor prescription. Almost 5 years she had that tablets. She had irregular periods also. My doubt is, 1. She can able to get pregnant? 2. What are the foods need to consume? 3. How many days per week we have to have intercourse for PCOD problem. 4. How to cure this completely. 5. How long it will take to get pregnant.
Obesity is a disorder that leads to fat accumulation in the body. It is chronic in nature and may cause serious complications in the body. It increases the risk of various diseases in the body like diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. The fat tissues in the body needs nutrients and oxygen for nourishment, thus the blood vessels in the body direct blood to these tissues.
This ups the workload of the heart as it has to pump more blood, which results in excessive pressure on the walls of the artery. When the pressure on the arteries increase, it is known as high blood pressure. Being obese also hampers the ability of the body to transport blood throughout your body and so weight loss is compulsorily advised.
The causes of obesity are:
- Genetics: You are likely to be affected by obesity if your family members are obese. Your genes also play a role in regulating your hormones that deal with fat in the body. It may cause a hormone called leptin that regulates your appetite to be less in the body, which in turn triggers obesity.
- Diet: If your diet is high in simple carbohydrates like refined products and sugar-based foods then it increases the risk of obesity. Foods those are rich in simple carbohydrates cause high insulin production in the body which promotes accumulation of fat.
- Being inactive: You are likely to be overweight if you follow a sedentary lifestyle. This happens if you have a desk job or if you are lazy.
- Psychological issues: Certain psychological problems such as stress and emotional problems may cause you to binge eat which leads to weight gain.
- Disorders: Certain disorders like polycystic ovary syndrome (presence of cysts on the ovaries) and hypothyroidism (reduced production of the thyroid hormone).
Since obesity can significantly affect your blood pressure, you need to take steps to mitigate the damage. Apart from making various changes to your lifestyle, you can opt for various surgical procedures like ultrasonic liposuction (where sound waves are used to get rid of fat) and mesotherapy (where various medicines are injected in the adipose tissues). These are safe and non-invasive treatments that are very effective in promoting fat loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.