Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hingorani
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. HingoraniYour feedback matters!
My mind memory is continually down and I can't catch up suddenly anything and bad thinks is always running in my mind so I can't focus on a fix point and forgetting anything in quick time.
My Dad is 57 Years Old, Me and My Mom are quit sure that he is taking alcohol in Work Place at night, We can feel by his style of talking and He started using some chewing gum to remove the smell of alcohol from his mouth, He Has Blood Sugar and High Blood Pressure. Please Help me because I do not want him to take alcohol anymore.
How I become healthy and fit and also I have an satturing problem by which I can't speak frequently.
I have problem with my heart beat I am suffering high blood pressure when ever I am in any sort of anxiety. Is there any chance of heart attack.
I want to be a singer and my voice is not at all good! I really want to see a change in my voice: and for that all I need is expert's advice. Advice about the time of exercise I should do to make my voice good and wht should I have to eat and what should I have not to? A full detailed chart from you all! I seriously need help Nd I want someone among uH to help me plz.
Hi, Mujhe hamesa kuch na kuch dimag me chalte rahat hai. Sar dard bhi hota hai or chakkar lagne lagta hai. Sochne par Heart ke pass pain hota hai, gardan ke nas tanne lagta hai or kabhi kabhi bolne me dikkat ata hai.
Teenage is a critical period in a person's life when the body goes through a sea of changes, both physically as well as mentally. For most teenagers, it is a period to explore new terrains. But the teenage period can also be associated with what people dread the most. Teenage depression, stress, and anxiety are on a mercurial rise. The World Health Organization shares a disturbing statistics whereby 1 in every 4 Indian teenagers (between 13-15 years of age) suffers from depression and the associated complications. Heart-wrenching is the fact that in many cases, the depression ends in suicides. Efforts should be made to nip the problem at the earliest.
What causes depression among teenagers?
The teenage depression can stem from the factors below mentioned:
- As you step into adolescence, your body goes through hormonal changes. The mood swings, stress, and depression can be an outcome of the hormonal changes.
- Teenagers subjected to bullying and harassment (schools, society, friends) can also suffer from depression.
- A failed relationship can also act as a trigger driving the person into depression.
- Increased and repeated pressure to excel both academically as well as in extra curricular activities can also take a toll, resulting in depression.
- Depression can be a hereditary trait. Thus, teenagers who have a family history of depression (immediate relatives) are more susceptible to suffer from the condition.
- At times, teenagers under peer pressure can go astray, taking to smoking, drinking or substance abuse. All these unhealthy lifestyle habits can play a pivotal role triggering depression among teenagers.
Signs and symptoms indicating depression among teenagers
Teenagers suffering from depression may exhibit one or more of the following visible signs and symptoms.
- A sudden change in behavior. The teenager may get agitated and short tempered at small instances.
- Their self-confidence goes for a toss.
- Many teenagers with depression cut themselves off from the outside world. They start avoiding interacting with people as much as they can.
- They get overcome with extreme emotions (cries even at small instances).
- There may be changes in eating as well as sleeping habits.
- Lack of concentration.
- In extreme cases, the person may even exhibit suicidal tendencies.
How to deal with teenage depression:
Do not neglect the situation if the teenager is suddenly exhibiting a changed behavior. Talk to them. Try to find out the cause of discomfort and anguish.
- Parents should not pressurise their children. Appreciate their achievements, no matter how small. Never demoralize or compare your kids with others.
- If your child is avoiding people, try to find out the reason behind their behavior.
- If the child shows suicidal tendencies or is into unhealthy lifestyle habits, seek an expert help immediately. Your timely intervention can save your child from taking any drastic step.
- Meditation and exercise can go a long way to lift up the mood and spirits of your child.
- Treat your child with love and affection. This is what they need the most.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Paranoid personality disorder (PPD) is a mental disorder which makes you feel fearful, nervous and suspicious about people or situations around. This disease usually starts to show its signs from early adulthood and is more common in men than women. People suffering from this disorder are unable to maintain close and long lasting relationships with people as they have the habit of blaming and not trusting other people. The most common symptoms of this disorder are:
- Doubting the loyalty of others
- Fear of revealing their own personal information
- A tendency of holding long lasting grudges
- Inability to handle criticisms
- Abrupt instances of anger and instant reaction
- Showing traits of coldness in a relationship
- Having a feeling of always being right
- Having problems in relaxing
- Being stubborn, argumentative and hostile
- Causes: The exact cause behind PDD is still unknown, but according to some medical researchers it happens due to a combination of biological and psychological conditions. Additionally, bad emotional experiences during childhood and having gone through a physical or mental trauma also leads to the development of the disease.
- Diagnosis: This condition cannot be diagnosed at home and is usually diagnosed by a specialist. The first step taken by a doctor in order to diagnose the disorder is an examination of the medical and psychiatric history of the person. Additionally, if the health records of a person do not indicate anything, then the doctors usually go for some expert opinions by a psychiatrist.
- Treatment: Most of the people suffering from this disease are not even aware about it, until someone brings it to their notice. Doctors usually believe that psychotherapy, which is a form of counseling, is the best way to treat PDD.