Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hingorani
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. HingoraniYour feedback matters!
I am a retired professional engineer having worked as high a level as CEO & retired in 2014. I am from a Lower Middle Class family of a govt servant in Delhi with 6 six siblings. Father died at an early age of 52 in 1968. My mother & brothers & sister brought me up in an environment fully enjoyable depended & a very happy 15 years . I then went on to do my PG in Eng from Indian Institute of Science . All by my own without disturbing my brothers for financial aids etc. I got a very good career & I planned my career to become a CEO by 50 which I became when I was 52. Yes I have been fairly successful in my career. I got married into a HIG family and had 2 loving children who have succeeded well in their life and one is married & the other is getting married shortly. I was fortunate enough to educate them in US & feel proud of them & have spend close to 80 lacs for their education & marriage. My wife is a very helpful & a very good mother and she has a twin sister who is married & is very rich & over influencing. My wife is very close to her. I have been having frequent surgeries about 15 so far all due to accident or birth defects latest being colon disorder which required an 8 hr surgery. I am diabetic but healthy & can stand in a factory for 8 hrs without getting tired? My Problem My family has been very toxic towards me Anything I say or do is either wrong or is verified Now that I am retired I am not shown any respect & decisions are taken without any info to me . I do not feel being there. I feel second rate family member though lot of concern is shown on me. I feel drained & very anxious what will happen to me. I am left with just a little savings and I have to work to earn a sustaining salary . I cannot afford any more spending & I have to be assertive about this. Can I change myself to accept what is happening. Do I change the environment ? How do I project myself to be happy & can be a good part of a celebration . My children know all this but are biased towards my wife I do not resent this I have accepted this as natural . Please guide me.
I had been in a serious condition of backache and smoking habit I stop smoking since last 3 month but whenever I see ciggerate I attract to it what should I do now.
Hi doctor, My relationship has broken up on yesterday. It was 5 years relationship. So. I'm very very upset. Feeling very bad. I feel problem in respiration & on eating time I feel nausea. Please suggest me what can I do to overcome these.
Hi, I am not getting concentration on studies even I have urge to study please tell me how to come out of this problem?
In order to determine whether a person is having a drug problem, there are several signs, which can be interpreted to know about the exact drug abuse state of a person. Drug abuse requires immediate attention before it becomes more problematic.
There are several patterns and stages of drug use that have been listed below:
- Hard drug use: Heroin, cocaine and methamphetamine fall under the category of hard drugs and are the most dangerous drugs. There are severe effects on the health and behavior of a user of hard drugs. Some people use these kinds of drugs for recreational purposes, but some can get addicted just after using them once. Such people usually isolate themselves from society and possess a high-risk behavior.
- Frequent drug use: Frequency alone cannot determine whether a person is addicted to a certain drug. Some people may take drugs only once and twice a week, but still suffer from acute addiction. Frequency of drug use may indicate tolerance and a person may require more with each day. Frequent drug users usually keep on continuing the habit and it is hard for them to quit.
- Early drug use: Some people start taking drugs at an early age during adolescence, and they are likely to develop severe drug problems later in life. People who take drugs before the age of fifteen turn out to be addicts as they grow up. The earlier a person uses drugs, the earlier he becomes addicted. Early drug use is a common phenomenon in today's world.
- Solitary drug use: Using drugs and addictive substances while a person is alone may result in fatal addiction and various problems in life. Teenagers using alcohol, marijuana and cigarettes are prone to serious drug problems during adulthood. Solitary drug users are usually poor in studies and have a violent or abusive behavior.
- Escapist drug use: Many people use drugs for dealing with stress, several problems in life or for building self esteem. These are used as a substitute for escapism, which allows a person to escape from reality to a place where nothing bothers them and they can be at peace. Such people are likely to develop drug problems. Some people may experiment with drugs just for the sake of trying, but slowly they may like it and get addicted. This causes several problems in life, and a drug problem arises. Such drug problems may affect the health in many severe ways.
Drugs are used in several patterns. All people do not use drugs in the same pattern and frequency. The pattern of drug use by a person lets the doctor determine the level of drug abuse he is on, or if he is addicted. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Sir my son study 1 years BE. Now he say want to discontinue his study .his mobil was stolen one day back in hostel. His inmates are often teasing him. And also he has one or two friend only. His marks are not satisfy plz help me.
I have been seeing some different behaviour since past 3 days as he's like angry and getting himself irritated and also not having proper sleep. What am I supposed to do?
I am 44 yrs old having wife and 2 kids age 10 & 6. I am working in merchant navy. Due to my job I am out of my family about 7 to 8 months. I had love marriage I am hindu and she is catholic and there is lot of difference in culture and I cant understand her language and we are staying close to her parents house. She does not allow any my family member to come to my house. Last one year she started mens hostel business and due to this she ask me lot of money and I never ask and she never tell me what she is doing with money. Now a days she leaves house about 9 in the morning and comes back 9 in the night. I need to do all my house work. When ever I ask her to come back early she start shouting on me abuse me and says you dont believe me. And she abuse my parents after that we start verbal fighting and she calls her mother and say everything I cant understand anything. She gets phone call till night 12. 30 and if I ask she says why you want to know. I am getting disturb bcz I have only few months leave after again I will go back to ship. I am feeling very lonely and cant understand whats going on her mind. Sometime feel to suicide and end my life. She start saying that I am mad and need to go to doctor. Doctor pls let me know what should I do.
I am 29years old female. I am losing myself gradually. If someone talks to me in good manner I feel he/she is doing this for some reason. He/she may want to use me. I can not find any positive vibe from anything. Sometimes I feel totally blank, have no idea what I am doing. Sometimes I can not recognize the person or place. Is it any kind of mental disorder?
After coming to college, I feel nothing is good anymore. I feel depressed, I can't even sleep at night. I keep thinking whole day but what I think I don't remember.. I m preferring to stay alone. What shall I do?
Greetings, How to quit smoking without getting effected on health? Advise the best and easiest way to do so Regards,
I am deeply attracted and in love with my bhabi .once I had kissed her she said nothing. Whenever she talks with me she exposes her body. Should I express my feelings to her. I want to hug and kiss her. If we start a relationship is there any chance of getting infected. What will be the pro's and cons of this relationship. Even though I am busy throughout the day she keeps on floating in my mind constantly. What should I do. Thanks in advance.
I'm fed up from that when any senior personal blame me for work which I did correct and asking me the reasons why and all you did? And for same I used to give them reason for what cause I did etc so they always blame me that I'm doing arguments and they insulting me purposely in front of all other staff even after doing sincere and hard work. And they just appreciate their experience only but not listening to me and feelings me inferior complex and for every cause they blame me and in this way they ruined my image in front of of management and reporting wrong feedback to management and for same my Institute management not promoting me for higher post since 5 year. And I also worked for 3 years without pay. So for this reason only I'm depressed and not able to sleep properly and if I'm thinking for to change Institute then also I'm not getting becoz of my profession is of lecturer and behind one vacancy there are many candidates and since 5 year I couldn't get this so please help me becoz I'm worried about my livelihood and career.
Emotional abuse is a lesser known topic that is very important to talk about. Most individuals are oblivious to the fact that such a term even exists. This article is mainly about educating people about what emotional abuse is, how it affects children, thereby, affecting the upcoming generation altogether.
Like physical abuse, emotional abuse too is very real and harmful enough to cause enormous damage to a child’s mental health. So what exactly is emotional abuse?
Any sort of persistent, emotional neglect or emotional maltreatment can become emotional abuse to children and may cause havoc in their emotional development. The world runs at a very fast pace and parents usually are caught up in earning well for the family, raising the children properly and transforming them into respectable adults. This entire process brings about enormous stress and frustration. As such, unknowingly or knowingly, these parents end up emotionally abusing their children. No, that is not the end of it. It is not only the parents who can cause emotional abuse, but also there are numerous other factors to be considered.
So to make the explanation process easier, here are some points that explain what emotional or psychological abuse includes.
- Scaring or humiliating a child deliberately and regularly
- Isolating or ignoring a child
- Telling a child that he/she is worthless, inadequate or unloved
- Not providing the children any opportunity to express him/her by deliberately silencing them or making fun of their expression
- Age inappropriate or developmentally inappropriate expectations from children. For example, making a child believe that topping the class is necessary and is a shame otherwise.
- Overprotecting the child and hindering their exploration and learning
- Preventing them from participating in an absolutely normal social interaction. For example, asking girls not to mix with boys and punishing them for doing so.
- A child seeing or hearing utter ill-treatment of another child or person
- Serious bullying by other children and cyber bullying
- Threatening a child and calling names
- Making a child perform any sort of act that might be degrading
- Exposing a child to distressing interactions like domestic abuse or drug abuse.
- Not expressing positive or congratulatory feelings to the child
- Not showing any sort of emotional attachment or interactions with the child
- Causing physical abuse to the child.
- Trying too hard to control the child’s life and not allowing him/her to recognize their individuality.
Yes, there is no such thing as good parenting or bad parenting. However, parents need to know how much any sort of emotional abuse may affect the future development of their child. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.