Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Hinduja Indira NYour feedback matters!
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian life science that requires you to make various lifestyle changes along with the use of medication that is based on herbs and condiments with massages and Yogic postures. This field of medicine believes in getting to the root of the problem so as to cure it and prevent it in the future as well. Gastritis is no different and enjoys the same kind of attention when it comes to Ayurveda.
Here is everything you need to know about the Ayurvedic perspective of gastritis:
- Definition: As per Ayurveda, gastritis is known as Urdhva Amlapitta, which can lead to the occurrence of stomach ulcers when the inflammation of the stomach lining goes untreated for a prolonged period of time. This inflammation is the basic outcome of the condition.
- Causes: Problems in the Vata Dosha, one of the four Doshas in the body, can cause this condition. Also, a build up of Ama or toxins due to poor digestive health, can lead to the occurrence of this disease. As per Ayurveda, there are many reasons that may cause this toxin build up and the imbalance in the Vata Dosha. This includes eating spicy food on a regular or frequent basis and taking too many drugs like pain killers and analgesics which can lead to this condition. Also, too much of alcohol consumption and greasy food can cause gastritis. Further, one of the main causes of gastritis as per Ayurveda, is the presence of too much stress and worry, and the lack of a proper routine when it comes to eating, sleeping and exercising.
- Symptoms: The main symptoms include appetite loss and nausea, as well as discomfort and pain in the abdomen. Gastrointestinal bleeding and blood discharge may also occur for patients suffering from this condition. Headaches and vomiting are also common symptoms of this condition.
- Medication: There are various Ayurvedic medicines that can help in treating this condition. Sukumara Ghrita are ghee based preparations that can be taken every morning with a glass of warm milk in order to activate the digestive fires and improve the digestive powers. The difference can usually be seen in a matter of days. Dhatri Lauha includes amla juice which should be taken twice a day. Lemon juice, ajwain, amla and ginger are also helpful in such situations.
- Lifestyle Changes: Avoiding spicy and greasy food as well as stopping alcohol abuse and smoking can help in curing this condition. One should also stay away from excessively stressful mental and physical tasks.
Taking the right steps at the right time for a proper routine with good habits can help in treating this condition as per Ayurveda.
Dear Doctor, am a15 week pregnant women past two week I have sharp pain in lower abdomen at right side, its not frequently but some of others says its appendicitis problem, I didn't know what's happening to me, also have bitter taste in my mouth. Please give some advice and suggestions.
Is it necessary to sleep on our left hand side. I can't sleep like this. M having habit of sleeping straight. I mean on my back. Whole night i sleep like this from childhood. Nd now on left hand side. I can't manage. please suggest me the right position that make my body comfortable.
My wife is 27 years old. She is feeling burning pain in her vagina when I put my penis. So she is not allowed me to do sex from 2 years. Remaining time she is ok. She has good health also. Why this problem with her. Suggest any medicines.
Sir , I want to know about pregnancy. If a boy put his penis into a girl's vagina and he just masturbate inside the vagina and he just pull out his penis before his sperm comes so is their any possibilities for a girl to get pregnant. ? Reply me.
Hi. Doctor. I am 7 month pregnant. From last 1 week left side of vagina is swelling and feeling hard with a little pain. Can it normal or anything else. Pls give me the solution. Will it affect my pregnancy. Pls answer as soon as possible.
• Do not drink more than 2 – 3 cups of tea/coffee during summer; it tends to dehydrate your body. It is diuretic that leads to loss of water from body
• Ensure 8 – 10 glasses of water each day
• Load yourself with water based fruits & vegetables like watermelon, musk melon, apple, peach, blueberries, kiwi, cucumber, zucchini etc
• Make yourself a fruit salad:-
a) Toss your favorite seasonal fruit mangoes, strawberries with plain yoghurt and honey to suit your taste
b)Take cubes of cucumber, add it to curd. Flavor it with a tempering of olive oil + curry leaves + mustard seeds + slit green chilies
• Make a glass of fruit juice: -
a) Deseed water melon & freeze for 20 minutes. Take it and blendrise it; add a pinch of black salt, white pepper powder & lime juice to add a zing to your drink
b) Blend 2 tsp of mint with lime juice, water, ice & ginger juice. Serve it chilled; garnished with mint leaves
• Cold soups like gazpacho is a good option too
Sir, Mam I had unprotected sex with my gf on 21. March, 2016. And her MC is not regular. Her last cycle was missed. And the next expected is on 29. March. 2016. She took i-pill as as contraceptive pill after 2 hours of having intercourse. Now she feels a little pain in her stomach. Ohhh I forgot to mention that I also used condom. But it was our first time so we don't wanna take risk. That's why she took pill. As I told you she feels some pain and a light bleeding in the morning when she wakeup. My question is. What are the chances of pregnancy? And what is the best time to take a pregnancy test? And is there any way to stop pregnancy if she is pregnant? please help me I don't want her to feel help less. please reply as soon as possible.
Sex on 29th may 2016 Periods started on 31st may 2016 And now missed periods for the month of june, till date 9th july no periods. Is it a sign of pregnancy?
My wife was operated for hysto laparoscopy a year back now we are planning to have a baby but she was not able to conceive from past 6 months, and her periods are regular. Now we have diagnosed her and doctor says there is again a growth of cyst in one of her ovary. As well I have checked my semen and report says I have less sperm motility and density rest of it is normal, I was addicted to tobacco is that the reason of less sperm motility. Please help me for 2 things: 1. How can my wife be treated for growing cyst or is that normal. 2. How can I increase sperm motility and density 3. While giving sperm for test I was a bit nervous and in stress and was not able to get sperm properly or as desired, could that be the reason for less sperm motility and density. And any other tips for conceiving.
I am suffering for pcod problem. I have irregular mensuration cycle I want to get pregnancy. So what to do. I cannot lose weight. Its a very big problem to me. I am 30yrs old. 90 kg wt.
After taking mifepristone and misoprostol suffering from heavy cramps and bleeding .To control this I hv taken trexanemic acid and mefenamic acid but till now I am not cured. So kindly advice me it will be great honour to you.
My wife is 27 years old and she is 3 months pregnant. Her first day of last cycle was on 7 november 2015, and she started taking saheli pill on this day (7 november) to avoid pregnancy but she came to know abt her pregnancy on 25 december by positive pregnancy test. So I am worrying abt any harmful effect of contraceptive pill (saheli) on my wife or her baby. Plzzz help.
I have a single kidney by birth. Does this will create a problem while conceiving? what problems will I face.
And it is not advisable to depend on allopathic everytime as side-effects to those medicines cannot be neglected. Instead, try some home remedies that are good and quick enough to cure it and there are no side effects to these remedies! here are few handy tips coming straight from kitchen:
1. Gargle with hot water by adding a pinch of salt into it, it helps in curing the sore throat.
2. Keep drinking hot drinks like coffee and tea or simply luke warm water.
3. Add turmeric powder, ginger powder and a teaspoon of honey to warm milk. This not only helps in curing cough but also relieves from bodyache, cold and headache.
4. For cold, steam inhalation is the best home remedy.
5. While preparing your tea, add few tulsi leaves and crushed ginger to it along with black pepper, it is much relief for cough and cold.
6. One who is susceptible to cough and cold should consume chavanprash (it is the best ayurvedic tonic for winter) or amla murrabba as it comprises high content of vitamin c which helps one develop a strong immunity against cough and cold.
Homeopathy works really well. Taking appropriate remedies can reduce the time spent in each stage and also aids complete recovery.
Homeopathic remedies help relieve cough and cold symptoms alongside proper rest, plenty of fluids and simple nourishing food. Consult me to get rid of stubborn cough.
I am 26 years old but i am having heavy back pain and over bleeding problem because of fibroid problem.
A missed period is one of the most common worries for women. When her menstrual cycle dates don?t match her marked calendar dates, there are a dozen of fears she is burdened with. Most women find a missed menstrual period occasionally. But when it happens twice in a row, it means it?s time to get yourself checked.
Taking a little extra time to check in with your body gives you the chance to recognize abnormalities. You can then take steps accordingly to effectively address them.
A normal menstrual cycle is of 28 days, plus or minus seven days. An irregular menstrual cycle is characterized either as an earlier than expected period or a later than expected period. It can also mean a skipped period or bleeding in between regular periods, heavier/ lighter menstrual flow than usual. The most common reasons for irregular monthly cycle are as below.
Excessive weight loss or gain: Weighing too much or too little affects a woman?s menstrual cycle. Too much weight gain can cause excess estrogen storage in fatty tissues. This then gets partially converted by the body to androgens leading to thinning of the uterine lining and decreased ovulation. Excessively low body weight interrupts many hormonal functions in the body, potentially halting ovulation. Strive for a healthy weight.
Stress: Stress can affect hormones and induce irregular periods. Extreme fatigue, worry or anxiety cause the hormones to become unbalanced. Excessive stress plays a role in suppressing the functioning of the hypothalamus. Hypothalamus, controls the pituitary gland that in turn controls the thyroid and adrenal glands and the ovaries, all of which work together to manage hormones. The side effects of ovarian dysfunction leads to irregular periods. Monthly periods are quite susceptible to dips and spikes in our emotions and our health. A sudden change in the way your brain reacts to stressed situations interferes with the hormonal productivity, leading to irregular estrogen and progesterone levels.
Intense Exercise: Regular exercise is good to maintain a healthy life. However, too much exercise can result in estrogen dominance thereby leading to irregular periods. Girls who are athletic and very active in sports normally face problems with their regular menstrual cycle. Athletic amenorrhea tends to be seen in women who participate in rigorous training exercises like long distance running, ballet, gymnastics, and figure skating.
Birth Control Pills ? they can make one?s periods lighter, or cause one to miss periods. The body takes sometime to adjust to the new levels of hormones delivered by hormonal birth control therefore leading to irregularity.
Chronic Illness ? Chronic illnesses such as Celiac disease, Crohn?s disease, cystic fibrosis, Tuberculosis, heart disease, uncontrolled diabetes may postpone menstrual periods by delaying ovulation.
PCOS ? It is a genetic condition that results from abnormal levels of certain hormones. Girls with PCOS typically have irregular menstrual cycles and may experience fewer than 9 menstrual cycles a year. Due to PCOS, the ovaries do not regularly ovulate and there are also a number of under-developed follicles in the ovaries. They have high levels of androgen (male hormones) which leads to excess hair growth, acne and often overweight.
Alcohol Abuse ? Long-term heavy drinking can cause women to have irregular periods or stop ovulating. Drinking alcohol causes hormonal imbalances and can affect the way the liver processes the hormones that are responsible for ovulation and menstrual regularity.
Many women miss periods now and then. If you?ve skipped a period, try to relax and firstly restore the emotional and physical balance of yourself. Unless you are pregnant, chances are your cycle will return to normal next month. However, if you miss it the second time or show symptoms of irregular periods along with symptoms like flushing, sweating, heat intolerance, heart palpitations, and sleeplessness immediately check with the doctor. Many menstrual problems could indicate undiagnosed thyroid conditions. They call for a thyroid evaluation by your physician.
Never ignore menstrual changes. Talk to your doctor without delay!