Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Himansu V KhuranasYour feedback matters!
I am Diabetic from last 4 yrs, my age is 36. I have a problem that my upper back pains on occasional basis in a day, n I also feel some time that my heart beats has increased even while resting or at some efforts.
I am 36 years old and have polio problem affected right leg. I have 5 months baby girl. I am getting back pain nowadays. How to relieve from back pain?
My mother aged 52 is weight 90 kg, she constantly have knee pain and took injections for that. Her condition. Is that she cannot walk continuously and cannot stand long. She is taking medicines for knee pain sometimes. Bt. It's not helping her out. She is also tried to loose her weight but as she is aged also its seems her to difficult to do so. So can you tell me some diet chart that will help her or any specific ointment that will help her to relieve her pain.
Helo doctors my age is 24 right now -i have legment tear I got this while playing basketball,--i had consulted army doctors they were like just gave some medicines-and told me to have a rest, but the fact it got well soon after some time and I went to play cricket and while playing shots I felt again with same problem this time bigger pain lead me in bed for more than a week my legs got straight in 7 day doctors is it all about medicines im not feeling good should I have to quit playing and any other thing -i even had a dream to join indian army can I be well if yes please guide.
Doctor sir, My wife complains about localized ankle pain when she walks after long sitting posture or particularly in the morning time after wake up. However, gets relieved after few steps. She had no ankle injuries. What could be the reason and how to get rid off this pain? Pl suggest home remedies. Thanks In advance.
I am 69 years old. I am having very little pain in my left leg below knee upto feet. I feel this (in kannada I call it as zumzum) more in night. When once I visited a neurologist he prescribed tablet Renerve D, which I took for about 4 months. For some time I had little relief now again I am having the same problem.
I am 40 years old and I am suffering from severe back pain and severe knee pain. Please give me a solution for my problem and help me.
I have an ultra scan done and it has been diagnosed that I have osteopenia in my backbone. What treatment should I take? Thank you.
There is heavy pain in my backbone when I move. It's from yesterday. I'm in bed I can't even go to college or outside. What should I do?
At the morning at the time of getting up from the bed I found there is a pain from my knee to toe specially all the joints for what it is happening.?
Back pain may occur due to various reasons. Chronic back pain is the one that remains for 12 weeks or more than that even after the cause of the pain has been treated. There are several ways of treating chronic back pain. Its treatment depends upon the nature of injury or the actual underlying cause of the pain.
The treatment for back pain has been listed below:
- Short-term methods: Initially, people use short-term remedies for tackling back pain. Over-the-counter painkillers and home remedies are used to cure the patient. This might show useful results within six weeks.
- Continue movement: Although traditionally, patients with back pain were advised to take complete bed rest. However, doctors today are of the opinion that patients should not take complete bed rest. The patient should try to move around a bit. It may be hurting first, but slowly it will heal the pain. One can take up brisk walking for best results.
- Painkillers: Patients are first prescribed to take paracetamol. However, some people take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen for faster relief. There are stronger painkillers like codeine. But one must keep in mind that painkillers are not good for health. They have side effects. Long-term use of painkillers can cause damage to the kidneys. If these are not effective, the doctor might switch to muscle relaxant like diazepam.
- Hot and cold compress: Patients are advised to take hot or cold compress to get relief. A hot bath or compress with hot water can be useful. Otherwise, using ice pack can also produce effective results. Often, alternate hot and cold compress are advised to get rid of the pain.
- Change your sleeping style: The pain can be reduced to a great extent by changing one's sleeping pattern. Use pillows to change the sleep pattern.
- Exercise: The patient might have developed back pain due to faulty posture or obesity. In order to get rid of the pain, one must address these issues first. Shred the extra pounds b exercising the correct way to get cured of the pain.
- Acupuncture: It is a kind of treatment in which fine needles are put at different points of the body. This helps in reducing the pain.
- Oil massage: There are various kinds of massage techniques available. These improve the circulation of blood. This in turn, rejuvenates the muscles and bones by providing sufficient oxygen supply.
- Antidepressants: These are prescribed when painkillers don't show effective results. Tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs), such as amitriptyline are given to the patient. However, these are given in small doses.
- Stay calm and positive: It is important to have a positive frame of mind to get rid of the pain. One has to be patient and not lose hope while the treatment is on.