Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Himanshu Shah
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Himanshu ShahYour feedback matters!
Hello mam. I am 18 years old. I miss my periods sometimes. For one month. And in my periods I see that bleeding is not free it is clotted form. And it's only for 3 to 4 days but the periods time should be for 7 days. so please help me out of this problem and guide me some diet for it.
Dr. Meri ye first pregnency he. Kal hi meri pregnency ko five month hua. Lekin mujhe baby ki koi movement hi nahi hoti. Normal jese hi feel hota he. Please advise.
Children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder – ADHD/ADD may be difficult to parent. They may have trouble understanding important directions. Children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder – ADHD/ADD are usually in a constant state of activity.
This can be a constant struggle for parents at home leading to a lot of personal frustration (for parents) as well as a chaotic atmosphere at home everyday.These children can also be difficult to handle at school, leading to constant complaints from teachers and peers. You may need to change your home life a bit to help your child. Here are some tips to handle children with ADHD:
- Organize your schedule at home. Set up fixed times for waking up, playing, eating, doing homework, doing chores, watching TV or playing video games and going to bed.
- Set up house rules. Make the rules of behavior for the family simple, clear and short. Rules should be explained clearly. It’s important to explain what will happen when the rules are obeyed and when they are broken.
- Be positive. Tell your child what you want rather than what you don’t want. Reward your child regularly for any good behavior–even little things such as getting dressed and closing doors quietly. Children with ADHD need to be praised for good behavior.
- Make sure your directions are understood. First, get your child’s attention. Look directly into his or her eyes. Then tell your child in a clear, calm voice specifically just what you want. Ask your child to repeat the directions back to you. Then congratulate your child when he or she completes each step.
- Make sure someone watches your child all the time. Because they are impulsive, children with ADHD need more adult supervision than other children their age. Make sure your child is supervised by adults all day.
- Watch your child around his friends. It’s hard for children with ADHD to learn social skills and social rules. Be careful to select playmates for your child with similar language and physical skills. Invite only one or two friends at a time at first. Watch them closely while they play. Reward good play behaviors often.
- Help with school activities. School mornings may be difficult for children with ADHD. Get ready the night before–lay out school clothes and get the book bag ready. Allow enough time for your child to get dressed and eat a good breakfast. It would also be a good idea to collaborate with the teacher who could help your child deal with academic difficulties and handle mis-behaviour with extra care.
- Set up homework routine. Pick a regular place for doing homework. This place should be away from distractions such as other people, television and video games. Break homework time into small parts and have breaks.
- Focus on effort, not grades. Reward your child when he tries to finish school work, not just for good grades. You can give extra rewards for earning better grades. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
My daughter 13 years old she got first time menses on 26/8/2017 and second time m ended on 22/9/2017 till today she is suffering with bleeding how we can stop till today 14 days over.
I had sex with my wife 2 days before her menstrual cycle and she had an emergency contraceptive after sex, but today after 10 days she got bleeding. Is she pregnant.)?
Certain ailments progress quite fast after the symptoms are experienced, and one such is the Meniere’s disease. A hearing disorder that affects the inner ear in human beings, the condition usually affects only one ear and may lead to permanent hearing loss unless medical intervention is sought. The disease has a host of symptoms, such as spinning or vertigo, ringing sounds in the ear, feeling pressure in the ear, and a fluctuating hearing sensation. The symptoms progress at a fast pace and soon leads to permanent loss of hearing.
What causes the Meniere’s Disease?
Improper fluid drainage follows an anatomic abnormality or blockage in the ear which could lead to Meniere’s disease. In addition, various conditions such as head trauma, migraine, viral infections, allergies, and abnormal immune response are responsible for causing Meniere’s disease. A casual approach to this condition may cause irreplaceable damage. This may disturb the patient and lead to depression, anxiety, emotional stress, and fatigue. Recurrent episodes of the disease may lead to loss of balance and increase the risks of falls or an accident.
How to treat the condition the Ayurvedic way?
Ayurveda advocates the use of Panchakarma therapy for healing the problems associated with Meniere’s disease. According to Ayurveda, the body accumulates toxins owing to lifestyle choices and poor health habits. This causes an imbalance in the fluids in the body and leads to various disorders, such as Meniere’s disease.
What is Panchakarma therapy?
Panchakarma therapy is an Ayurvedic procedure that uses five methods to balance the doshas in the human body. The treatment helps to deeply cleanse the tissues, removes toxins, tackles stress, and reduces deep-rooted anxiety. It is a crucial treatment option in Ayurveda that helps the patient achieve a balanced state of mind, body, and consciousness through detoxification and rejuvenation. Patients undergoing this method are required to undertake oil massages and oil baths in addition to nasal administration.
Panchakarma therapy also reduces the symptoms and presents a pleasing and soothing experience. Panchakarma treatment differs from one case to the other. The therapy must be customized for the best results. It is specific to one’s age, dosha imbalance, strength, and immunity levels.
It generally comprises two procedures:
- Oleation: Wherein oil is applied to the body and fomentation, during which the patient undergoing therapy has to sweat out bodily toxins.
- Lifestyle changes: Along with undergoing panchakarma therapy, it is important to observe certain lifestyle changes. This includes physical exercise to restore balance in the body and to treat depression and anxiety.
In addition, proper rest and the intake of ghee is recommended along with the intake of food. Medicated milk is also recommended by experienced Ayurvedic practitioners. Meat soups as per the condition can help in improving the condition.
These courses of treatment help to alleviate the condition of Meniere’s disease. Thus, if you are seeking an Ayurvedic treatment to cure Meniere’s disease, you may take consultations from a trained medical practitioner. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!