Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Himanshu ShahYour feedback matters!
Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency or EPI is also known as pancreatic deficiency, a disorder where the pancreas is unable to produce sufficient amount of enzymes that are required to digest food. The pancreatic enzymes help to break down and absorb nutrients from the food in the small intestine. So, this disease causes nutritional deficiencies.
Causes of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency :
This condition is generally caused as a complication of other diseases because EPI develops only as a result of severe damage to the pancreas. The following reasons can cause EPI:
- Inflammation of the pancreas: After surgery in the pancreas, stomach or the intestines, there may be inflammation in the pancreas as a post-surgical complication. A high content of triglyceride fat in the blood can also cause pancreatic inflammation and hinder the secretion of the enzymes.
- Chronic Pancreatitis: In this disease, the pancreatic ducts are swollen and blocked and so the digestive enzymes cannot be passed into the small intestine. This condition is often caused by a heavy consumption of alcohol.
- Cystic Fibrosis: The digestive fluids and enzymes become thick and sticky and block the passageways of the pancreas and other organs like the lungs and the kidneys. This can obstruct secretion and passage of enzymes afterwards.
- Shwachman-Bodian-Diamond syndrome or SBDS: SBDS is an autosomal recessive genetic condition where enzyme producing pancreatic cells is not formed properly. This rare disorder causes a number of associated disorders like bone marrow diseases, skeletal defects and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.
Symptoms of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency:
Symptoms of EPI often appear in the middle stages of the disease when the process of absorption of nutrients has already been affected. The common warning signs are:
- Digestive problems like gas, diarrhea and indigestion because the food remains mostly undigested.
- Severe and frequent stomach pain in the lower abdominal region
- Greasy stools due to the excretion of undigested fat
- Rapid loss of weight and body mass due to malabsorption of nutrients
- Constantly feeling bloated and full even if you have not eaten anything
- A general sense of fatigue and exhaustion
- Excessive bleeding from small wounds because protein deficiencies hamper blood clotting
- Pain in the muscles and bones
- Increased susceptibility to infections of the body system
- Joint pains
- Abnormal swelling of the limbs or edema
I am 29 year old male. I got married three years before. Till now I didn't get any child. My medical report and my wife medical reports are fine only doctor said. What could be the reason getting late.
1) May I know, how many time in week ,you can sex with your partner. Actually I feel very week after sex. And big problem also it get out within 3 minutes. So kindly suggest me. How to increase this time and also want to know what will I eat after it sothat I feel fresh and good. 2) In which time to good for sex that is not risky for get pregnant. And is this safe if I use condom. Because last time condom was not good it was loose. So I have given tablets for her. Kindly help me. Thanks.
Coconut water or nariyal paani as we know it, is a staple in many homes during summer. Starting the day with a glass of coconut water has more benefits than you can imagine. We in India have been fortunate to have abundant access to coconut water that is healthier for your body than any sports drink, cola drink, sugary premix or fruit juice.
From a nutritional point of view, water from a green tender coconut is packed with vitamins, electrolytes, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, phytohormones, and cytokines. It has more potassium than in four bananas; is fat-free with hardly any calories, and very easy to digest.
Here are some benefits of drinking coconut water regularly.
1. Coconut water is a diuretic
When consumed regularly, it keeps your renal system (kidneys, bladder, ureters and urethra) healthy, prevents the occurrence of kidney stones, flushes out toxins like uric acid, phosphates, from the body via urine, and prevents urinary problems.
2. Coconut water helps reduce weight
300 ml of coconut water has just 60 calories, compared to 139 calories in a cola drink, 142 in fruit juice and a whopping 200 in a sports drink. It provides nutrition, keeps you feeling full and suppresses the appetite. Having coconut water with breakfast or lunch keeps you from snacking between meals or reaching for high-calorie meals and keeps water retention in check.
3. Coconut water slows down the aging process
Coconut water hydrates the cells and helps delay aging at a cellular level, combats the effects of pollution, stress and irregular food habits. All this is due to the presence of cytokines, which are a group of proteins that improve the quality of cells and regulate immunity.
4. Coconut water rehydrates and restores
Loss of vital nutrients through sweat is one of the main reasons we feel sapped of energy, listless and lethargic during summer months. Coconut water replenishes the body of vital nutrients, gives energy and gets absorbed by the body instantaneously. For severe cases of dehydration, add a pinch of salt to coconut water for results that are the same as any ors.
5. Coconut water helps maintain blood pressure
Coconut water which is packed with potassium, magnesium and vitamin c is a natural way to main blood pressure. Potassium counteracts the effects of sodium (found in salt) which is known to increase the blood pressure. It also maintains a healthy heart by lowering bad cholesterol, reduces plaque formation in the arteries, increases circulation, and maintains good cholesterol in the body.
6. Coconut water is good for the skin
Topical application of coconut water prevents acne, reduces blemishes, tightens pores, lightens scars, reduces wrinkles and slows down the aging of the skin. Coconut water hydrates the skin and hair both from inside and outside.
7. Coconut water is an anti-bacterial
Coconut water naturally prevents infections, boosts immunity, and maintains the healthy flora and fauna of the digestive system. The natural sugars in coconut water destroy microbes and disease-causing pathogens making it a delicious and preventative addition to your diet.
After delivery . First child Cesarean in next baby when will be consume. please tell when we can sex sir thank you.
I am 27 year old female. I have one child last year for surgery now I have umbilicable herniation. So have I possible for next child.
My friend she has not got her regular periods for 2 months. But she got spotting 4 times. She did a pregnancy test using the strip came negative twice to be on the safer side she even took mifepristone and misoprostol 3 days back she has only got mild bleeding for a night and it stopped what could be the problem?
2. Took balanced diet.
3. Avoid fast foods.
4. Increase liquid intake.
5. Eat seasonal products.
6. Check personal cleaniness.
After every hour, take mini-breaks from your work desk and do some stretches to loosen your shoulder and neck muscles and shift position.
If there was a chance for my hand to have to Precum before I fingered my girlfriend is it possible for her to become pregnant? We are so frustrated. Please answer in detailed.
Ever had tempting food calling out to you, but could not to swallow it? This could be a serious medical condition and should not be taken lightly. Sometimes, certain disorders in the throat or the esophagus culminate in acute difficulties in swallowing. Commonly termed dysphagia, this disease is directly linked to some sort of a neuro cardiac abnormality. Dysphagia is commonly noted in babies and aged people or in other words in those age groups whose immunity systems are not necessarily strong. Occasional troubles in swallowing can go unnoticed and may not necessarily raise the alarm, but if this condition prevails for a comparatively long period of time, then one really needs to get themselves checked.
Some of the most prominent causes of dysphagia have been enlisted below:
- Muscular and nervous dysfunctions: On certain occasions, the nerves and the muscles that are responsible for transporting food through the food pipe may not be functioning properly. As a consequence of which, food particles find it difficult to navigate through the esophagus and reach the stomach. Such a condition may be spurred by a stroke or nervous diseases like Parkinson's, sclerosis or dystrophy. A weak immunity system, leading to an inflammation and thus narrowing of the esophageal walls may also cause such a disease.
- Gastronomical distresses: Ulcers or inflammation of the food pipe due to some gastroenteric disorders is also a cause of dysphagia. Such a condition may arise out of innocuous situations like an allergic reaction or on account of more chronic medical distresses like cancers and tumors.
- Dryness inside the mouth: The saliva in the mouth helps in debilitating the food particles into digestible form. However, due to some kind of a hormonal imbalance, if there isn't adequate saliva formation, it becomes a task to swallow the food and results in dysphagia.
With timely diagnosis, dysphagia can be treated effectively. Treating dysphagia usually involves a few clinical methods as well as a few lifestyle changes. Certain specialists advice exercising the throat muscles that can possibly ease out swallowing while others recommend specific changes in the diet for the same. Surgical procedures involve dilation and endoscopy which clears out the surface area of the esophagus as a result of which heals dysphagia to a great extent.
I am having irregular periods after my cyst and appendix operation. How can I get regular and adequate periodical flow now?
Nutritional facts: lotus seed (maakaha)
Lotus seed also known as Phool makhana is nutritionally very distinct from other nuts and seeds.These are very low in sodium and high in magnesium,being low in fat and high in carbohydrate,fibre,potassium,phosphorus,iron and zinc makes them a good choice of snacking for patients of high blood pressure,diabetes and heart disease also.
Sometimes the bland flavour may keep you away from introducing it into your food schedule, you can roast it and add the seasoning to replace it for unhealthy tea time snacks.These nuts can be added to sweet and salty preparations both, thus, make healthy choices by adding then in your breakfast cereals, snacks and salads .Their fibre content makes them a very good choice to add consistency to your dishes like curries and soups.
So, you can replace the cornflour with lotus seed powder and help yourself treat naturally from constipation.
The high protein and the anti oxidant percentage makes them a good choice for vegetarians and their anti-aging property brings them to the list of super foods.