Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
I have a got a lot of mouth ulcers all of a sudden. What steps I need to take sitting at home to get rid of it?
I have problem in my teeth as tha muscles are getting weaker and swell after brushing every time in morning what should I do?
I M having problem in my tongue there are little little in hindi you say chole at my tongue why is this and what to do.
Hello, I am suffering from problem of mouth ulcer and its very serious so please suggest how I overcome please help me thank you.
I have teeth problem my teeth pains on taking any cold substance ps help very serious conditions here will be very thankful to you.
Hi doctor, I'm 24 years old and I have a tooth problem, my teeth are little bit projecting outwards. I want to know that is there any surgery to straighten my teeth. I'm not interested in tooth braces. Please do send me if there is any surgery for it.
I am feeling sensitivity on my lower two teeth for some day ago. Whta should I do? I have taken a sensitivity toothpaste Sensodyn but not got any result please tell me the cure.
My dad is diabetic and has candidia fungal infection in the mouth. It's spreading all over the mouth how can it be cured?
I have yellow teeth, I need to clean my teeth and I want white teeth please tell me remedies to cure it?
I have white lesion on my left buccal mucosa, its a kind of plaque and scrappable burning sensation is present, respond to ketoconazole therapy. Anyone please diagnose my clinical condition?
You may not look forward to a dental examination, but you can't avoid it. A dental checkup every six months is crucial to your dental health and to maintain that beautiful smile. Skipping a dental checkup may save you time and a little discomfort now, but can cost you much more pain, time and money in the long run.
Here are 6 reasons to maintain a regular dental check up schedule:
- Fight Cavities: A clean up is a big part of a dental examination. No matter how well you brush and floss, there will always be spots that you miss out on. With time, plaque and tartar can build up in these spots leading to cavities if not addressed in time. The worst part about cavities is that you can feel them only once the tooth has been damaged. Thus, if you skip your dental examination, you may need a filling instead of a simple cleaning.
- Prevent gum disease: Plaque and tartar affect not only your teeth, but your gums as well leading to diseases like gingivitis and periodontitis. These are marked by shrinking of the gums that makes teeth sockets loose and eventually lead to tooth loss. Gum disease treatment can be very painful and expensive hence it is best to get plaque and tartar cleaned regularly before they begin to cause a problem.
- A brighter smile: Your daily cup of coffee or tea can stain your teeth with time. Wine and cigarettes also contribute towards making your teeth look dull. A professional dental cleaning can help remove these stains and give you a brighter smile.
- Find hidden problems: X rays are also an important part of a dental examination. An X-ray can detect problems that lie under the surface like misaligned teeth, bone decay, tumors and cysts. These problems rarely show any symptoms in their early stages and hence without an X-ray you would have to wait for it to advance to a more painful stage before seeking treatment.
- Boost overall health: Regular dental checkups can also lower your risk for heart disease and stroke. In addition to checking your mouth, a dentist will also check neck, jaw and lymph nodes during a regular check up for swelling and other abnormalities. This can help in the early detection and treatment of a number of diseases.
- Detect oral cancer: Oral cancer is easily treatable if diagnosed in its early stages. However, the only way to diagnose this correctly is by visiting the dentist. A test for oral cancer is pain free and takes hardly any time.
So, think about it. Visiting the dentist may make you a little uncomfortable but in the long run is well worth.