Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. HimanshiYour feedback matters!
I am a male aged 23 years. I have lost a considerable amount of hair in the last 2 years. My hair have become very slim. Need urgent help.
I am having crack heel through which sometimes blood also comes from the crack please give me a better solution. So I should make it correct.
I am 19 years old. I m having hair fall frequently. Can I have some suggestions for not happening this?
I have dandruff on my skull. How can I get rid off from it? It's not by using normal anti dandruff shampoo.
I hv dark circles. .I want to remove it by some home remedy can you pls suggest me some. I am taking enough sleep but it was visible.
I have a serious hairfall problem and dandruff problem too that comes back very quickly and i'm suffering from tinea versicolor for more than seven years which on treatment goes away but comes back very quickly. What should I do now? Please help me!
Please tell me any effective home remedies to remove acne marks/dark spots. My skin is very sensitive too. Please advise.
My hairs fall a lot. I am 24 years old male. I masturbate daily. Is it a reason for hairfall? what medicine can I take to decrease hair fall ?
I am loosing hair. I have tried all Shampoo's there no effect on my hairfall. There's hair fall when I comb my hair. Please tell me what to do to stop my hair fall.
Sir I have a small pimple in my face but its gives me alot of pain. Please give me a solution for it and how can I remove it.
Hives, also called urticaria are swollen welts or bumps that appear on your skin suddenly.
They itch, burn and sting and can happen anywhere on your body. You can get them on your face, lips, tongue, ears or chest. And in size, they can be as small as an eraser to as large as a plate. They also form plaques and can last for hours or up to several days.
- Acute urticaria - These type of hives last less than six weeks. The most common causes are allergies due to certain foods and medications, or infections. These hives can also happen due to diseases or insect bites.
- Chronic urticaria - Hives lasting more than six weeks come under this category. What causes them is usually more difficult to identify than what causes acute urticaria. In some cases, chronic hives are caused due to thyroid disease, hepatitis or even cancer. This type can affect your internal organs like lungs, muscles, and the gut. Thus, symptoms include muscle soreness, shortness of breath, vomiting, and diarrhoea.
- Physical urticaria - These types are caused due to direct physical stimulation of the skin due to cold, heat, sun exposure, vibration, pressure, sweating, and exercise.
What causes hives?
Hives happen mostly due to allergies. Some of the common hive triggers are-
Certain foods, especially peanuts, eggs, nuts and shellfish- Fresh foods are more likely to cause hives as compared to cooked foods. Certain food additives and preservatives can also play culprits. Medicines like penicillin and sulfa- based antibiotics, aspirin and ibuprofen which are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, high blood pressure drugs like ACE inhibitors, and painkillers such as codeine can also trigger hives. Other things that may cause it are:
- Insect bites
- Transfusion of blood
- Bacterial infections, including urinary tract infections and infected throat
- Viral infections- common cold and hepatitis
- Pollen grains
- Plants like poison oak and poison ivy
- Cold weather
- Pet dander
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.