Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. HimaliYour feedback matters!
The heat in summers can be dangerous. The heated summers bring along the medical conditions that need attention while enjoying sun-filled fun. It’s time to stock your cabinet with your summer arsenal. This year consider doing it with homeopathic preparations. They are safe, non-toxic with relatively simple guidelines for first aid use and equally effective for children and elders alike. The underlying principle of homeopathy involves taking a substance that can cause symptoms similar to those that a person is experiencing in illness.
The homeopathic remedies work rapidly to relieve pain, speed healing, and prevent infection. In addition, homeopathic treatments are safe, gentle, non-toxic, pleasant tasting and without side effects. In hot weather our body’s store of vital fluids and salts decreases as we sweat, taking with them nutrients we need to function healthily. This can lead to common problems such as dehydration and exhaustion, or even heat stroke which can sometimes be fatal.
Some of the symptoms include:
- Excessive sweating
- Cold and clammy skin
- Quickened pulse and breathing
- Muscle cramps and stomach pain
Homeopathic remedies are non-toxic and a safe way to help the body to replenish its store of the cell salts and nutrients it needs in warmer periods and help to relieve cramps, aches and fatigue. Some of the most common homeopathic medicines are:
- Calendula: This is an all-purpose medicine for many kinds of skin damage that many of us face during the summer season. When the skin gets damaged due to wounds, infection, prolonged sun exposure and even excessive pollution and dirt, one can try using calendula.
- Arnica: All that running around on the beach can easily give you sore muscles, while the heat can sap up your energy and leave you fatigued. In such cases, Arnica is the perfect homeopathic answer to your maladies. This medicine can be used for topical application if bought in its cream or gel form.
- Belladonna: Sun strokes, dehydration and over-exposure to the sun, in general, can give you a host of problems and conditions including heat headaches. In order to treat such conditions, one can use Belladonna, which is a homeopathic medicine used for sun-stroke related ailments and symptoms.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: This medicine is also known as Rhus Tox. It is made from poison ivy extracts and is an effective drug when it comes to dealing with itchy rashes. These rashes may be caused because of exposure to oak, sumac and even poison ivy.
- Ledum: Ledum or Ledum Palustre is one of the best homeopathic drugs when it comes to treating insect bites during summers.
- Euphrasia Officinalis: This medicine is most commonly used for eye related problems that may come about due to sun exposure or excessive sweating and other heat related factors.
How to stay safe in sun
- It is always advised to drink plenty of water or drinks during summers, to cool down your body and to remain hydrated.
- If you are suffering from tiredness, headaches or any other conditions which may be aggravated in the warmer months, consult a specialised homeopath who will look at your diet, mood, sleep and lifestyle prescribe a suitable homeopathic remedy for you to take. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I am having brown discharge weeks before nd after my period. So worried please suggest me something.
Antibiotics are taken to treat a host of bacterial infections, from fever to fungal infections, doctors prescribe antibiotics to deal with the symptoms. Usually, a single course of antibiotics must be taken for the cold or the flu to completely heal. Antibiotics only treat bacterial infections; they do not do anything for viral infections.
1. Antibiotics and Good Bacteria
Antibiotics kill bacteria. Antibiotics do not discriminate between good bacteria and their bad peers. Thus, they end up killing the good bacteria as well. The microbiomes in the gut are the good bacteria in your body that aid in digestion. Certain antibiotics can change the entire microbial diversity in the gut and this change can last for a year. Clindamycin, another antibiotic, can kill butyrate, a short-chain fatty acid produced by microbes. In the gut, the butyrate prevents carcinogenesis, inflammation and oxidative stress.
2. Resistance to Bacteria
Like every living organism, bacteria too evolve and adapt to the surroundings. They mutate and respond to the changes in the environment thus, leading to bacterial resistance. Some bacteria mutate and survive the antibiotic treatments. These bacteria reproduce and the resistance strain gets passed on to the next generation which, in turn, makes the new bacteria desensitised to antibiotics. When you get infected again-
- The infection lasts longer, thus the disease may become serious
- There are more complications which tend to further increase every single time you are prescribed a new course of antibiotics
- If the infection lasts longer, then the chances of you infecting others also become higher
- Recovery takes longer
However, there are a few other things to be considered as well:
Taking antibiotics if you have a viral infection is not a smart thing to do. The antibiotics do nothing to kill the virus. However, if your bacterial infection has been plaguing you since a long time, doctors generally prescribe antibiotics every time. This is because, no matter what their downsides are, antibiotics do help you in recovering from various bacterial complications, at times, permanently.
I am suffering from severe menstrual cramps for the past few months. I took scan yesterday and it was confirmed that there is moderate fluid in Pod. And the inference was Pelvic Inflammatory disease (PID). I browsed and came to know that PID is often caused by STD (Sexual Transmitted Disease. Is there any other reason for my pain during menstrual cramps Note: I am unmarried and had no sexual relationship till now. The pain occurs only during periods and not in any other days. I also took urine routine analysis on doctor's advice and the inference was Pus cells (7 - 8) and epithelial cells (3 - 5)
Sometimes, the joint that connects the big toe to the feet may develop an unnatural hump. This condition is known as bunions. Sometimes, it may so happen that the big toe move towards the other toes, pushing the base of the toe outward, leading to the development of bunions. There are ways, by which you treat bunions. Some of them are-
- Medication: Visiting a doctor is the most prudent step to take in case you are suffering from bunions. The inflammation and the swelling that accompany bunions can be initially treated by medicines and pain relievers.
- Heating pad: Heating pad generally treats and manages pain by applying heat on the affected areas. In the case of bunions, heating pad has emerged as an effective way to deal with bunions.
- Ice pack: Working on a principle, which is the very reverse of heating pad, ice packs uses refrigerant gel or cold water to treat injuries.
- Wearing the shoe of the right size: Bunions are generally the result of wearing ill-fitting shoes. Therefore, one of the easiest way to deal with it would probably be wearing the right size.
- Bunion pads: At the initial stages, a bunion can be treated by wearing a bunion pad. This will help to realign the toe that had deviated as well as reduce the ensuing pain.
- Foot exercises: Exercises have always proved to be an efficient way in dealing with various physical deformities, and a bunion is no different. Few foot exercises can work wonders in treating bunions.
- Surgery: This is used in the case of extreme situations. When the condition persists, then the intervention of a surgery becomes important to realign the affected toe.