Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Hilina GowdeYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am 22years old woman and I play cricket a lot. So is it okay if I practice during periods? Well, our coach takes up rigorous exercises and there's a lot of strain to body. If I go to practice will my body be affected? Will it cause any problem related to pregnancy later on?
HI doctor Im 23 years old and in oct 2015 I have undergone for abort as6 months fetus has expired in the womb and now I have checked my pregnancy with urine test so its positive so I haveconsulteddoctor doctor suggested me to take endogest 100mgtabletsit safe to take this tablet.
My periods is 10th I took pregnancy test on 11th and I got the result positive. Should I be careful. Is it possible to get the result positive even after one day of missed periods?
In my vagina or uterus is swelling nd I think it sores (ghao) or chota sa gilti hogya h nd trouble in while passing urine or toilet. Severe pain l.
I am 6 weak pregnant. I have severe nausea. I cant able to eat anything. Is there any tablets available to stop the nausea.
Hi doc I am married 26 years old female trying to conceive from 1.5 years I have regular 28-30 days cycle but this time now it is 21 days post my period date my last period date was 1.07.2016 still I didn't get my periods twice I took home pregnancy test it is negative y I did not got my period suggest any medicine to get periods and what might be the problem.
I have a friend and she has a problem of loose vagina because of doing sex how can she come to the normal shape?
I am 18. And I got my periods over in this month I. E. 5 th may. On 7 th may I had sex with my lyfpartner bt condom slipped during our intercourse. Within 11 hrs I took an I pill. I had pinkish colour bleeding for two days. Afte 5 days I am bleeding again its heavy than the previous and I am getting headaches. Cramps. Nausea. May I please know whether I am pregnant. Thank you so much for giving your previous tym to read this.
I am 27 years old, my lmp was 8 aug 2016 had an abortion through contrakit on 19 oct 2016 as there was no heart beat, only 2 sac was available of 10 mm and 14 mm. Want to plan a pregnancy again. What precautions should I take so it doesn't happen to me again. please help.
1. Menses Problems - Menses problems like irregular menses, delayed menses or in little blood flow, have to start Kumari Aasav 10 ml twice a day with warm water adding in it.
2. Hysteria - Give Natural Borax Powder (Purified Tankan) 1 -2 grams with honey or warm water.
3. Stye - In Problem of Stye have to apply Paste of Rasvanti (Rasanjan) on eyelids or on affected area. And take Trifla churna regularly.
4. Abdominal Pain - Take Shivakshar Churna 2 to 4 grams with warm water twice or thrice a day. And use hot water bag or heating pad on affected part of the abdomen.
Sir am having itching in my entire body it erupts in a small area stops in 5-7 min leading in formation of small red dry eruption on skin, I showed to Dr.was prescribed to take Alegra (180mg) for 45 days, when I was taking the medicine I was ok once finished the course itching started again, now I have been told to use Elecon liquid which gives me localised relief for few days pl suggest Regards Harvinder
I got my periods after 6 months of delivery. It weaken me alot and coming with very heavy flow. My baby is still taking breast feed. What can i do to get relief?
Hii Dr. please suggest what to do for release pain after press boobs hardly first time? A day before yesterday I press boob of my wife first time during foreplay. But after that she have pain there from last two days. Can I have suggestions for release that pain?
A birth control pill is commonly referred to as an oral contraceptive pill. A form of hormonal contraception and is a highly effective method of birth control. Only 1% of women experience unintended pregnancy when on the pill.
Birth control pills are of two types i.e combination pills and mini pills. Combination pills contain synthetic forms of the two hormones called oestrogen and progesterone. The mini pill only contains the hormone progesterone and is called progestin.
However, the pill does have some side effects to it. These include the following:
- Intermenstrual spotting: Within the first three months of starting the pill, women experience vaginal bleeding between the two period cycles.
- Nausea: Although the symptoms subside after some time, some women till experience nausea for a while after taking the pill. If one consumes the pill with food or before going to bed, this can help lower the likelihood of feeling nauseous.
- Breast tenderness: The breasts might feel tender and enlarged after taking the pill. However, anyone who finds a lump in the breast or feels continuous pain needs to seek medical help.
- Headaches: Migraines and headaches are a very common phenomenon of the birth control pill. Different types and doses of these pills may result in different headache symptoms.
- Gaining weight: Experiencing certain fluid retention in the hip or breast area is very common. It also affects the fat cells of the body because of the oestrogen present in the pills.
- Mood swings: Those with a history of stress or depression might start to feel the same again. If one has that kind of a history and starts to feel emotional changes, she should consult a doctor immediately.
- Missing periods: It is a common side effect that after using the pill, one's period might get skipped. This is influenced by several factors including stress, depression or thyroid dysfunctions.
- Decreased libido: The sex drive can be widely affected by the birth control pill. Although many other factors could result in a decreased libido, but if it remains after having the pill and is persistent, one should seek medical help or consult a specialist.
- Vaginal discharge: There could be an increase or a decrease in the vaginal lubrication. Some people might experience vaginal discharge since it is very common. Changes in vaginal discharge never turn out to be harmful.
- Changes in the vision: Fluid retention due to the birth control pill can result in the swelling of corneas. Because of this, even contact lenses do not fit comfortably. Contact lens wearers should consult an ophthalmologist if their vision or lens tolerance is disturbed.
Although there are certain side effects to taking birth control pills; however, one should not abstain from taking them in the fear that they might cause certain side effects. These pills are a precautionary measure along with other protection methods and should be taken in case someone wants to avoid pregnancy at the time being.