Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hetan C Shah
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Hetan C ShahYour feedback matters!
Doctor I had cardioversion in the year 2004 since then I am on medication. From 2013 I am detected with diabetic now I am taking flexigli, gluformin, angizaar, selokin, acitrom 2mg & neromin od. Daily I am taking 120ml alcohol is it harmful. Please. Clarify. Thanks.
I have diagnose with angina. Should I go for angiography? I am taking atorvas and monotrate 10 mg both and aspirin for last two years.
I am a forty five year old man. I have cholesterol from last year. I tried exercising, dieting, stopped eating fatty foods and many more things. But my cholesterol is not becoming low. Please give me a solution for this.
I'm 42 years man. Having 300 plus bad cholesterol level. Pure vegetarian. Does exercise. Doesn't smoke or drink. How can I lower down it .suggest some dietary supplements or wt should I have.
My breathing is heavy almost all the time, Snoring is a big issue with me. My age is 30, Name Rajesh, 87kgs, 5'6" ht. Unable to control weight as I am a foodie. I get exhausted even if I climb few steps. How can this be controlled? Some times I even have pain in left shoulder and heart. Is this a symptom for cardiac problem?
Hi My wedding has done last month my wife face low blood pressure problem last month. Her age only 21 year old. Her weight is 66 kg. Please give solution thanking you yours
I am a 20 year old male. Wanted to ask for cholesterol controlling medicine that helps in reducing weights too.
Hello I am Neelam. Having High Bp from last 1 years 164/109. My wud b husband want to end up our relation so I stopped taking medicines from last few days. Want to kill myself, thought will have 20-30 medicines of prolomet Xl 50 (my Bp Medicines. If will do so. I will survive after that? I do not want to see this world after taking this action. Please Dr. Tell me the truth of this action. Plz.
If you are concerned about your heart’s health, it is important for you to make some dietary modifications. Simple changes in your everyday diet may offer benefits, which help in preventing future heart problems. If you suffer from high blood pressure or high cholesterol or have atrial fibrillation.
Here are some tips regarding the best diet for protecting your heart:
- Believe in the food hype: Having healthy meals is certainly beneficial and makes a big difference to your heart health. Consuming meals which contain vegetables, grains, low fat dairy and lean meat will allow you to live a longer and healthier life.
- Avoid crash diets: A crash diet may be effective, if you want to fit in a dress within one month. However, for improving your heart health, undertaking different fad diets is not useful. Meals in which a certain type of nutrients such as carbohydrates or fats are ruled out are not beneficial as well. You should have a sensible approach towards your diet and focus on food products such as vegetables, whole grains and lean meat.
- Do not overeat: Overeating will lead to weight gain and commonly, many people get heart attack after taking a big meal.
- Eat less salt: You should consume less amount of salt in your diet and do not eat more than one teaspoon of salt a day. Avoid any food item which contains high amounts of sodium. Salt is responsible for increasing blood pressure.
- Limit your intake of alcohol and caffeine: In case you suffer from atrial fibrillation, you should avoid caffeine and any other stimulant as they tend to trigger the symptoms. You must drink moderately as consuming more than one drink a day increases your risks of having heart problems.
- Choose meat wisely: You should avoid red meat, which contains large amount of saturated fats as these are not good for the heart. You should choose the leanest cuts of meats and trim all fat from it. You should opt for cuts such as flank, rump roast, tenderloin and sirloin. Pork tenderloin, chicken and turkey breast are other alternatives.
- Add fish to your diet: Fish is essential for improving your heart health. Try to avoid having deep fried fish and choose grilled fish or roasted fish, which are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Consume fishes like tuna, salmon, trout and sardines.
You should also add whole grains to your diet. They are effective in controlling blood sugar and lower the chances of diabetes. Hence, the risks of heart diseases are less if you do not have diabetes. Whole grains also help with weight loss, which is beneficial for the heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.