Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Hetal ParekhYour feedback matters!
Passion is the energy that can fuel a project, or a task. It gives you the energy to jump out of bed every morning or go to bed late after you have worked out the last block that was stopping your passion from flowing. It has a similar role to inspiration. When we engage in something we are passionate about, we feel free from external and internal blocks and in control. Time recedes into the background, and we feel empowered to engage in flow.
Research has shown that passion has brought people back to life and start thriving again, making them more emotionally stable and a strong mental equilibrium. Abraham Maslow, a US psychologist said that without passion, nobody would reach their “self actualised” state.
Passion can make or break you. Passion can make you feel invigorated, committed, focussed, connected, courageous, creative, satisfied and productive. A man can be passionate about sports and take out time every week to indulge in his passion, while keeping his boss and family happy.
On the other hand, it can also ruin your life by being obsessed and possessed by the fire of passion. A workaholic, who doesn’t go back home till 2 am and reports to office again at 10 am, he who doesn’t see his children nor relaxes or does any physical activity is ensuring a quick burnout in the guise of following a passion. A harmful passion can be diagnosed easily by gauging whether it controls you or you feel in control of your life, which is about harmonious passion.
WHY YOU MUST NEVER GIVE UP YOUR PASSION
1. Helps you unwind and relax - Zafar liked to do puzzles, crosswords and Sudoku when he started his day. It freshened him up and his mind became sharper as he looked at various permutations and combinations for the words and numbers. Daily new neural pathways were getting stronger in his brain. This exercised his left brain adequately every day. He slept well. Do remember not to do such exercises before sleeping.
2. Expands your life - Some hobbies like travelling, cooking, collecting trivia has its own benefits. This involves physical activity and meeting up with other people. This helps a person to remain connected with society and keep active. Ram liked travelling so much that he gave up his job to become a globe trotter and tied up with a TV channel to commentate on tourist locations. He earns handsomely from his hobby. His self esteem has doubled since then.
3. Keeps your mind productively channelized - Nandini’s problem was that she didn’t have anything to do while the kids were away at school. She had started feeling depressed and got headaches often. She knew that she connected well with the children in the neighbourhood and had a flair for painting. She started teaching them painting in the evenings. Soon she became very busy and had no time to get bored. She not only made new friends, she also earned the respect and awe of her community. She feels energised, happy and motivated to work while looking forward to life.
4. Success at work - Often passion has been linked to success at work. It is seen that people who are passionate, committed and hardworking often excel in their work as they have a goal to achieve. They look forward to their day and any hurdles or failures don’t deter them from trying again. Neela was always passionate about becoming an IT professional. She had grown up playing with computers. Despite her family not agreeing with her choice of profession, she went ahead and burnt the midnight oil to score high in school and college. She got picked up in campus placements and today she holds a coveted position in the company. She has motivated many girls from her conservative community to study and get work.
5. Keep away illness - Having a hobby or working passionately has its own share of health benefits. People have reported higher physical and emotional immunity. They had deep and strong bonding with their community. They didn’t suffer from insomnia, depression, dementia and anxiety and hope was alive in them till the end. They knew that success and failure are two sides of the same coin.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I had copulation 4 months before and after that there was a series of problem my period got delayed and I started suffering form loose motion and intense stomach ache and there was foul smell in private area along with discharge and itching. A doctor suggested cefolac for two times a day for 4 days and the situation improved but the pain started again after my next period and I started having pain in lower left quadrant of abdomen after which a doctor suggested to take Doxy and Metronidazole for a week but I did not take it regularly but the problem ended and started again after the subsequent period and I used to take Drotin and the problem had ended but few days back I had intercourse and again foul smell and abdomen pain has started occurring am I suffering from some sort of STD? I am taking metronidazole 400 mg and Doxy 100 mg for last 2 days but sometimes intense pain is occurring for short durations and the foul smell is increasing in private area what to do? How to treat it? I had been told by a doctor that I have been suffering from endometriosis and I have been taking Loette for last 10 days should I stop it as it seems more likely that I am suffering from some sort of STD. Please help.
Dr. If a female has low level of estrogen hormone then there is greater chances of orthropoises or not, if yes than how can be it treated.
Sir/madam, meri wife 7 weeks pregnant hai unki peeth (kamar) aur pait (abdomen) mai aisa dard hota hai jaisey period hone waley ho ultrasound, blood& urine test sub kara liya normal hai. please help me Kya karna chahiye jisse dard na ho aur delivery normal ho jaye, unki age 25 years hai & first pregnancy hai 10 dino se bilkul aaram kara rakha hai please Hindi main answer dena.
From few months my periods was getting delayed n it menses remained only for 2 days. Then in June my menses didn't came so I took deviry10 3 tab n then menses started and it remained for a week. And now in this month that is July again my periods hasn't came till date. Please suggest me what's the problem n what should I do?
I have a sexual problem. I recently had sexual intercourse with my partner, and since then I am experiencing vaginal pain and burn. It burns when I urinate. This wasn't the first time I had intercourse, but such kind of pain hasn't occurred before. Please help.
Mam I want to know what are the test, which Confirms us that everything is alright to go for pregnancy.
I had my period on August 29th and had sex on 5 September around 11 pm. And I will take emergency contraceptive pill tomorrow with in 8 am or 9 am. Is their any chance of getting pregnant. As I just completed my period 5 days before. If yes then what should I do other than taking a contraceptive pill. I mean any control on diet that will reduce the effect of contraceptive pill.
Health benefits of mango
1. Prevents cancer:
Research has shown antioxidant compounds in mango fruit have been found to protect against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers. These compounds include quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, gallic acid and methyl gallate, as well as the abundant enzymes.
2. Lowers cholesterol:
The high levels of fiber, pectin, and vitamin c help to lower serum cholesterol levels, specifically low-density lipoprotein (the bad stuff).
3. Clears the skin:
Can be used both internally and externally for the skin. Mangos help clear clogged pores and eliminate pimples.
4. Improves eye health:
One cup of sliced mangoes supplies 25 percent of the needed daily value of vitamin a, which promotes good eyesight and prevents night blindness and dry eyes.
5. Alkalizes the whole body:
The tartaric acid, malic acid, and a trace of citric acid found in the fruit help to maintain the alkali reserve of the body.
Mango fruit and mango cubes on the wooden table.
6. May help with diabetes:
Mango leaves help normalize insulin levels in the blood. The traditional home remedy involves boiling leaves in water, soaking through the night and then consuming the filtered decoction in the morning. Mango fruit also has a relatively low glycemic index (41-60) so moderate quantities will not spike your sugar levels.
7. Promotes healthy sex:
Mangos are a great source of vitamin e. Even though the popular connection between sex drive and vitamin e was originally created by a mistaken generalization on rat studies, further research has shown balanced proper amounts (from whole foods) does help.
8. Improves digestion:
Papayas are not the only fruit that contains enzymes for breaking down protein. There are several fruits, including mangoes, which have this healthful quality. The fiber in mangos also helps digestion and elimination.
9. Helps fight heat stroke:
Juicing the fruit from green mango and mixing with water and a sweetener helps to cool down the body and prevent harm from overheating. From an ayurvedic viewpoint, the reason people often get diuretic and exhausted when visiting equatorial climates is because the strong 'sun energy' is burning up your body, particularly the muscles. The kidneys then become overloaded with the toxins from this process.
10. Boosts the immune system
Dear Doc, can anyone help me with my query please many thanks in advance. Me & my spouse planned to have a baby & tried for couple of months, last month 12th she had her periods we planned our intercourse accordingly during ovulation. This month she had to get her periods by 11th November but she's late by 4 days. Last week she was telling she's feeling very tired & has back pain. Is she pregnant? We did home pregnancy on 12th November was negative. Also she has slight white creamy discharge is that fine. After how many days can we see the doctor for confirmation. Is there any tablets to take as prenatal.
Hi, I am 22 years old unmarried woman I have missed menstruation by the past 2 months. Why is it so? Please advice
How to treat vaginal dryness?
Production of estrogen slows down and eventually stops during menopause. Quite a few changes take place when this happens. Often these changes are unwelcome. Irregular menstruation happens and finally stops. Mood swings, hot flashes, increased facial hair and deepening of the voice may happen as well. Another common menopause symptom is vaginal dryness, as it affects one third of all women. Any age group can experience vaginal dryness due to various factors. It may initially appear to be just an irritation, but reduced vaginal moisture may adversely affect sexual performance. Thankfully, multiple treatment options are available for relieving vaginal dryness.
Vaginal dryness caused by reduced estrogen levels can be easily treated by applying topical estrogen. It compensates for the body’s reduced estrogen production Three common vaginal estrogen types used by most women are:
- Estrogen tablet: Disposable applicators can be used for inserting a tablet inside the vagina, once daily during the initial two weeks or so of treatment. The dosage is reduced to twice weekly till it is no longer needed.
- Estrogen Cream: An applicator can be used to apply the cream inside the vagina. Usually the cream is used daily for up to two weeks and then the frequency is reduced to thrice weekly or as recommended by the doctor.
- Estrogen Ring: It can be inserted by your doctor or you in the vagina. It is a flexible and soft ring that steadily releases an estrogen stream directly into the vaginal tissues. The ring has to be discarded and replaced with a new one after three months.
To keep the lubrication in the vagina constant, one can use vaginal moisturizers. These can be bought from a supermarket or at a drugstore, however, bubble baths, douches, lotions and scented soaps should be avoided. Such products may increase vaginal dryness.
However, topical estrogen should be avoided by women:
1. Who have been diagnosed with breast cancer, more so when they are using aromatase inhibitors
2. Who have had/have endometrial cancer
3. Who suffer from vaginal bleeding, the cause of which cannot be identified
4. Who are breastfeeding or are pregnant
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Do spend atleast 30 minutes every day in routine such as cycling swimming or dancing as regular basis in same time is advisable to have or to maintain fitness along with balanced and nutritional diet
Is there is a relation of un regular periods with fats? Means if there is delay in periods body get over weight? Or any issues of less blood causes body looks heavy?
What is Aortic aneurysm?
The heart is the most important muscle in your body, and its primary job is to pump the blood across. The aorta is the largest blood vessel of the human body and is used by the heart to push the blood along. The Aorta is also one of the strongest vessels, but in some cases, due to the wear and tear condition the walls can weaken and bulge in what is called an aortic aneurysm. This can cause a rupture of the vessels as a result of which, blood gets leaked into the body.
Types of Aortic aneurysm:
There are two known types of aortic aneurysms. One of which is located in the chest and is known as the thoracic aortic aneurysm, and the one which forms in the abdomen is called an abdominal aortic aneurysm.
Thoracic aortic aneurysm
There are many causes of the Thoracic aortic aneurysm. Genes play a significant role in increasing the chances. The other factors can include high blood pressure, high cholesterol, infections and blockages in the arteries. Sometimes a traumatic injury due to an accident can also lead to the condition. The biggest disadvantage of the disease is that the symptoms do not occur in the early stages and only in their chronic stages they appear. Some of the symptoms include chest or back pain, difficulty in breathing, shortness of a breath and persistent cough. Diagnosis can be made by an X-ray, CT scan, and ultrasound. Medications can help to an extent in relieving the pain and symptoms but however, in some extreme cases surgery is required. During the surgery, a synthetic tube replaces the damaged artery- as a result of which the blood gets channelled without any hindrances.
Abdominal aortic aneurysm
In the case of an abdominal aortic aneurysm, the aorta that passes through your abdomen gets damaged. As in the event of the Thoracic aortic aneurysm, there are no visible symptoms initially. Symptoms if they appear can include a deep back pain and persistent pain the side of the abdomen. Dizziness and weightlessness can also be other factors. Once again as in the case of the Thoracic aortic aneurysm, high blood pressure and cholesterol levels can be the risk factors. The problem also gets aggravated when the person is a frequent smoker and drinker. The diagnosis can happen through an X-ray, CT scan or an ultrasound. Once diagnosed, medications can heal the symptoms to an extent. Routine checkups are usually done to check the condition. In the cases where the bulge is bigger, surgeries are done to relieve the damaged part.
As with many cases, a good lifestyle change and healthy habits can keep many of the conditions in check. The same goes for an aortic aneurysm too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.