Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Hemant TongaonkarYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I'm 23 years old and I used to face my periods every month very painfully. I will get stomach and back ache during 5 days. Is my over weight be a cause? Help me out with your suggestions so that I can come out of pain Thanks in advance.
From past few days I had been getting intimate a lot of time and now I have started to bleed and the blood is coming g out in the form of lumps. I had sex on 22 may early morning and took contraceptive pill around 9 in the night on 22 may, the next day wen we got Intimate I had few rashes and a burning sensation after a gap of 2 day he again ejected that Is on 24 or 25 which I exactly don't remember and today is 26 may wen we had sex and I did bleed pretty much and wen I went to washroom. The blood was in the form of big lumps.
The cancer of the ovaries is known as ovarian cancer. In women there are two ovaries present on each side of the uterus. These ovaries are as big as an almond in size and produce egg also known as ova. They also secrete the hormones progesterone and estrogen.
Ovarian cancer goes undetected until it spreads to the abdomen and pelvis. When detected at this stage then it might be fatal and the treatment gets difficult. An early stage ovarian cancer where the cancer is restricted in the ovaries is much easier to treat with high success rates.
Risk Factors of Ovarian Cancer :
- Age - With increasing age the risk of ovarian cancer is higher and is more common in women who are 60 and above. It is less common in women below 40 years of age and develops often after menopause.Obesity Women who have a body mass index of 30 are at a risk of developing ovarian cancer.
- History of Reproduction - It is believed that women who conceive before 26 and carry the full term have a lower risk of ovarian cancer. However, the risk is higher in those women who get pregnant after 35 or who do not have a full term pregnancy. Also, breastfeeding the baby lowers the risk.
- Gene Mutation - Inherited gene mutation causes some percentage of ovarian cancer. These genes are called breast cancer genes 1 and 2 (BRCA1 and BRCA2). These were initially found in cases with breast cancer but also pose great risk for ovarian cancer. Also, gene mutation leading to Lynch syndrome plays an important role in increasing the risk of ovarian cancer.
- Family History - If a woman's mother, sister or daughter is suffering from ovarian cancer then she is at a higher risk of developing the same. The risk also increases if someone from the father&amp;#x2019;s side also has ovarian cancer.
- Fertility Drugs - Drugs like clomiphene citrate, if used for more than a year can increase the risk of the cancer. The risk is even higher if a woman taking the drug does not get pregnant.
- Hormone Therapy and Estrogen Therapy - Long term use and large doses of estrogen can cause an increased risk. However, if estrogen is used in combination with progesterone then the risk is less.
- Age of menstruation and menopause - If menstruation starts before 12 and menopause occurs before 52 then there is a higher risk of getting the cancer.
- Diet - A low fat vegetarian diet has less risk of the disease. Fresh fruit and vegetables should be included in diet along with pulses, rice, pasta, beans, cereals and breads.
When I was sex with my girlfriend during intercourse bleeding occur inside her vagina. We had many times sex but last time it was bleeding. Then yesterday when she put her fingers into her vagina then it was bleeding again. Why?
Hi I am 38 years old woman and am getting irregular periods for the last 1 year. If my period comes it will come for more than 10 days and stop only after I take the tablet trenexa mf. I am overweight about 125 kgs. I do not have another infirmities like sugar or thyroid or pcod. I have had 2 c sections in the last 15 years. Please advice.
My gf and me doing sex on 17 dec and after 1 hour later my gf get a pill of unwanted 72 but after 5 days no period but she doing vomiting, is it risky? For pregnancy?
My periods are 2 days late , I checked on I can preg check but it's pregnancy negative . But I am scared . I don't want to be pregnant now . Please advice ?
I have irregular periods. I had unprotected sex twice in a week. First time I took a p test. It came negative. Next time I used a contraceptive pill and took a p test and again came negative. But I am not having the periods. What should I do?
I.E. POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN DISEASE.
The prevalence of Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD) in the Indian subcontinent is very high and significantly linked to irregular menstrual cycle (1). It is the primary cause of menstrual dysfunction in 75% of women. In the US 21% of pre menopausal women are affected (2).
Symtoms / Blood Reports
The symptoms include amenorrhoea, presence of cyst in ovaries, hirsutism, obesity and infertility (3). Polycystic ovaries are due to incomplete follicular development or failure of ovulation. Women with the syndrome have at least seven times the risk of myocardial infarction and ischaemic heart disease than other women, and by age 40, 40% will have type 2 diabetes or impaired glucose tolerance.
The common cases we see in clinics are often only with amenorrhoea and obesity. The cyst in itself on sonography has multiple follicles.The hormonal levels are frequently normal. Important levels are FSH, LH, DHEAS, Testosterone. The FSH / LH ratio is important.
Why take treatment for PCOD?
There are many reasons why one should seek treatment –
The cysts sometimes grow rapidly and can cause pressure on adjoining organs. They can burst causing acute abdomen and emergency.
They hamper the function of the ovaries and affect menstruation, ovulation etc
They cause sterility and difficulties in conception
They cause hirsutism and obesity
Latest research shows that they may be a pre-diabetic state
WHY HOMOEOPATHY for PCOD?
Though there is some treatment in allopathy for PCOD it is not comprehensive. Intake of hormonal medicines is not advised in young girls.
The cysts are recurrent and hence occur even after operations.
Cases diagnosed early are completely treatable, with sonographies showing complete regression.
Treatment with homeopathic medicines results in ovarian functions returning back to normal.
How does a homeopath view and treat PCOD?
For a homeopath, a cyst is a harmless extra growth in the body. Most of the time these extra growths can be reduced. In others they can be treated so that the functionality is maintained.
The objective of treating PCOD is different according to the age and needs of the patient. In young girls the only objective is to get regular menses. Regular menses also means that ovulation is intact. In elder women the treatment will depend upon the need to conceive. If the woman wants to have a child, then treatment would be prolonged, as we need to make menses regular and ovulation mature. If there is no need to conceive, as she either already has a child and/or does not want more, the objective would only be to get menses regular. Regular menses also means good health and hence treatment should be undertaken.
It is thus important for the homeopath to set objectives for each patient.
The most important medicine that should be a part of treatment is Thuja. Many patients have hypertension or haemorrhagic cysts and Tuberculinum is required. Other remedies indicated .
I WILL DISCUSS REMEDIES IN NEXT TIP.
When you just came to the conclusion that olive oil is healthy for your health, suddenly, you may have read another study result that says that coconut oil is best for your health. No doubt, you are puzzled and confused which one to take. In this article, we will try to give you some idea of the healthy aspects of coconut oil and olive oil and some hard facts about them.
Let’s find them out.
|1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil||1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil|
|119 Calories||116 Calories|
|14 (g) Total Fat||14 (g) Total Fat|
|1 (g) Saturated Fat||12 (g) Saturated Fat|
|9.8 (g) Monosaturated Fat||0.8 (g) Monosaturated Fat|
|1.4 (g) Polysaturated Fat||0.2 (g) Polysaturated Fat|
|0 (mg) Cholesterol||0 (mg) Cholesterol|
Goodness of Coconut Oil - The Saturated Fats
- Acts as an Antioxidant and Reduces Oxidative Stress: Virgin coconut oil consists of some antioxidants, like polyphenols and flavonoids. In the process of oxidative stress, the blood vessels in our body and heart get affected that leads to heart attack. These antioxidants keep us safe from such heart ailments.
- HighTemperature Resistant: It means that, if you cook in high temperature in coconut oil, you won’t get your food smoked. Coconut oil is a saturated fat, and it is high temperature resistant.
- Reduces Hunger: It keeps you away from those irritating hunger pangs when you consume foods cooked in coconut oil.
- Improves metabolic rate: Coconut oil increases metabolic rate that ultimately helps to reduce our waist size.
Goodness of Olive Oil - The Monounsaturated Fats
- Heart Friendly Fat: Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fats. The American Heart Association has certified these fats as a heart friendly fat.
- Lowers LDL Cholesterol: Olive oil helps in lowering the low density cholesterol level that is known as bad cholesterol in our body.
- Some Essential Substances Present in It: Olive oil is rich in vitamin E and polyphenolic compounds. These two components are antioxidants that help in reducing the systemic inflammation level in our body.
Now the point is: Which Oil Is Better for Your Health?
So, from the table and discussion, it is clear that both coconut and olive oil are good for our health. But none of them are miracle fats. You need to consume both oils in small amounts. For cooking foods that need high temperature, like roasting, stir frying, you can use coconut oil as it has high temperature resistance. On the other hand, for simple cooking, use olive oil. But don’t use extra virgin olive oil for cooking, as heat at higher levels can destroy the Vitamin E and Polyphenol compounds in the Olive Oil.