Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Hemant TongaonkarYour feedback matters!
Roadside accidents are common and they lead to many health problems in which some may require amputation for removal of one of the limbs to save the life of a person.
Amputation is a life-saving procedure by which a part of the body that has suffered irreversible damage is surgically removed. Amputation is only carried out as a last resort when the infection/ decay spread to the other parts of the body.
Why is this procedure needed?
The most common cause of amputation is blockage of blood circulation. Without blood, the tissues do not get oxygen and begin to decay, and an amputation is carried out to stop the damage from spreading to other tissues. As stated above, an amputation is carried out only as a last resort. The surgeon checks the infected part for the following to make sure that an amputation is required:
- Checking for a pulse close to the region where the cut is to be performed
- Comparing skin temperatures with the affected limb
The surgeon tries to bypass arterial blood from the nearest artery to the affected region to rejuvenate the cells. Some reasons of amputation are:
- Severe injury (extreme burns/ vehicular accidents)
- Cancerous tumor in the bone or muscle
- Serious infection, which has stopped responding to antibiotics
- Thickening of nerve tissue called neuroma
Risks and complications of amputation
Risk of complication is lower in planned amputations than in emergency amputations. In the case of a planned amputation, the surgeon will shape individual muscles for future prosthetic limbs, smooth out rough bones and bone fragments and take care of all the loose ends of the procedure. In emergency amputations, however, the limb is amputated very fast and bleeding is stopped as soon as possible. The following complications may arise as a result of amputation procedures:
Sir I was using medicines for postponing my periods last month. Than I had it, I had sex on second day of my period since then periods have stopped its been around 35 days. Can you tell me what can be the problem.
- Vlisters and ulceration on external genitalia, in the vagina, or on the cervix
- Vaginal discharge
- Pain and itching
- Tender, enlarged lymph nodes
- Pain when urinating
- High temperature (fever)
- Malaise (feeling unwell)
- Cold sores around the mouth
- Red blisters on the skin
I am 23 years old and my problem is that I have excessive itching and burning sensation inside and outside vagina, vaginal walls have become very wrinkled and loose ending up with very excessive itching and burning, I also feel itching inside vagina in excess and white discharge as well so can you please suggest measures to make vagina healthy and fluffy as before.
For a morning jog of no longer than 30 or 45 minutes at a relaxed pace (you can hold a conversation), a glass of water might be all that's needed ahead of time provided you had a decent dinner the night before. But if last night's meal wasn't filling or if you ate it early, drinking some orange juice or a banana will replace glycogen stores in your muscles to stave off sluggishness. If you're heading out in the afternoon, have a snack like fruit yogurt, milk and fruit, nuts, and milk or nut chikki.
There's no need to take in calories immediately, but try to eat a snack, your breakfast or your next meal within an hour or two. Skipping a solid post-run meal could lead to lethargy or sugar cravings later in the day or down the road, even sickness or injury.
I and my girlfriend had unprotected sex after her 10th day from her date. I didn't released my sperm inside and I didn't inserted my penis deep on her. Does she get pregnancy? If "yes" what precautions should I take to break.
I am male 29 years old, married two and half years before and trying to conceive from last 8 months. Found I have low sperm count issue of 14 million per ml (Motility is 60% and progressive is 39%) hence need your advice and treatment. Later found few tiny calcifications in both the testes and Bilateral minimal hydrocele through USG Scrotum Scan and found Fatty liver from Abdomen scan. Current medications: Taking Ashwagandha capsule, Naikaruna Capsule for the sperm count issue. Tribuline Capsule for Calcification. Please suggest are these medicines enough to increase sperm count and solve the calcification issue. Is calcification in testes causing the issue for low sperm count?
Dr. I had a problem of not having an orgasm while having sex I get orgasm very easily when my husband used to lick and suck my breast earlier I used to have orgasm during sex also but from the period of a year I do not get an orgasm or that relieved satisfaction that earlier I used to get. Kindly suggest me some medication or something that has no bad affects on health if taken regularly or give me some medication to have orgasm during intercourse. I am 23 years old and I have recently diagnosed PCOS although my sex desires are no less I always have a desire to have sex where ever I am alone with my hubby but I do not get orgasm very rarely I get an orgasm.
Carom (ajwain) is a crucial herb that is found in all Indian kitchens and is used primarily as a taste enhancer. Carom has numerous medicinal properties that make it beneficial for maintaining a good condition of your health. Dietary regime that utilizes carom on a regular basis can derive a lot of health benefits in the long term.
The following are some of the benefits of carom:
- Acidity- Carom has anti-acidity properties that can prove beneficial in providing relief from the symptoms of acidity and enables you to control your problem your acidity effectively. A solution made from a pinch of salt, carom and lukewarm water, when consumed every morning or post meal on a regular basis, works wonders.
- Asthma- The smoke of carom seeds act as a bronchodilator that is effective in easing the breathing pattern. If an asthma patient utilizes the mixture of carom seeds and jaggery twice daily on a regular basis, it will provide considerable relief from the discomforts that are associated with asthma.
- Diabetes- Carom has medicinal properties that aid you to control your blood sugar level. Consumption of a solution made from a tsp of neem powder, half tsp of cumin powder, carom seeds and a glass of hot milk on a regular basis can help you manage your blood sugar.
- Cold and migraine- Carom can be utilized for the treatment of recurrent and persistent cough and cold. Inhalation of grounded carom seeds is effective in providing relief from constant headache, cold and migraine.
- Stomach problems- Carom seeds have mild alcoholic properties that can be utilized to treat the problem of stomach pain and indigestion. A mixture of carom seed and salt when consumed with a sip of water is effective in providing relief from the symptoms of indigestion and stomachache.
- Menstrual cramps- Application of carom seed oil can help you achieve speedy relief from the discomfort of menstrual cramps. The seeds of carom act as an effective nerve tonic and reduce the intensity of menstrual cramps.
- Sperm count- Carom seeds are effective in increasing sperm count and can also be utilized to treat sexual dysfunctions. Roast a mixture of tamarind kernel, carom seeds and clarified butter; add a tsp of the mixture and honey to a glass of milk and consume it on a regular basis prior to sleep to achieve speedy results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Me and my boyfriend met few days back, and we do had close relationship like touching and Kissing and all other types on non penetrative sexual interactions. Precum and some Sperms do evolved around near Vagina but no Sexual intercourse happened between us. But we fear that it could lead to Pregnancy after reading certain articles in internet. How could it happen without penetration? If So, is it legal in India to abort for a 19 years unmarried Female in Multi- Speciality hospitals with her own consent?
Any chance of pregnancy after intercourse on 5th day of Menstruation? Is it suggestible to have a contraceptive pill to avoid any unwanted pregnancy, as we haven't planned for it now. Early response would be appreciated and thankful.
I have been facing problem I have been having pain in my private part what should I do to avoid pain or take cure for this pain please help me with your advice.
My wife 5 month pregnancy .she want to remove her pregnancy .she can take mifepristone tablet. It maybe work.
Hello madam/sir. I want to ask you that my mom's having CA right breast cancer. She is under treatment taking herceptin Injection along with saline once in a month. Suddenly she got feel paining on her left upper chest just upper portion from the left breast. What should we do is that heart disease? She has back thought out pain also. Spinal cord. Now seriously scared about that coz of cancer? Kindly help us.
She had a lump in the axillary region from last 18 months, wt loss of 3kg during this period. She had episodes of night sweats also.
Indian Tinospora, Heart-leaved moonseed, #giloy , #guduchi #amrita
Its a wonderful medicinal herb blessed by Nature. GUDUCHI is highly rich in anti oxidants. It has wound healing property, antipyretic (fever- reducing) and anti-viral properties.
Use in Diabetes:
It is a very good herb for diabetes. But if you are taking other medicines, it may further lower the blood glucose levels. Hence people with diabetes should take this herb only under medical supervision.
Interesting fact: The areal roots of Guduchi are so thin yet so strong that, Sushruta used to use this for suturing surgical wounds. This had duel benefits. One was – the thread were very strong so, there was no chance of wound rupture. Second is, Guduchi has potent wound healing property. Hence wound healing used to happen very quickly.
Nutritional composition of Giloy:
Calcium, Phosphorus, Iron, Copper, Zinc, Manganese