Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Heman S Kulkarni
Submit a review for Dr. Heman S KulkarniYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old. I am pregnant for 5 weeks 4 days. I have pcod and endometriosis in my right ovary. Still I got pregnant naturally. By God's grace. Is there anything I should be worried about. Do I need complete bed rest? I am given Duphaston, folic acid, all9 and gestofit. Pls do reply. It will be great help.
I am pregnant by 8 weeks. Sometimes I feels some gas coming out from my vagina. When I sleep upside face and press the stomach it also seems like that gas coming out from vagina. Actually what it is. Can you please explain ?
I am suffering a lots stomach problem like gas, acidity, less hungernes, constipation etc. please suggest me how can I resolve this problem.
I am having pain in my right abdomen. There is a burning feeling and dull pain always. I have problems of gas and acidity too. I went through CT scan, ultrasound and stool test but results were normal. Although the pain has subsided but burning is still there after taking a pill called RAZO D for 1 month. I fear of ulcer can it be. I was late in visiting doctor and the pain has been there now for more than 3-4 years. What should I do? One more thing I dnt get is that this pain started after I masturbated. Suddenly after masturbating I felt crams occurring in my stomach and feel cold throughout my body. I felt as if some nerve got detached from my heart. I dnt understand how these things are related plus there are pain in my groin area too.
4 Superfoods and home remedies to get rid of acidity
Excessive secretion of stomach acids brings about the problem of acidity with heartburn and dyspepsia being its common symptoms. There are foods as well as home remedies that can help you to get rid of this problem.
Some of them are:
1. Bananas - Being an excellent source of potassium, this fruit helps to keep acid production in balance. Moreover, certain elements in bananas aid in increasing the production of stomach mucus that helps to protect the organ from adverse effects of excessive acid production. Even its high fiber content promotes digestion, preventing the occurrence of acidity once again.
2. Ginger - Consuming ginger can help to bring about a significant improvement in digestion, superior absorption as well as proper assimilation of important nutrients. This root is helpful in protecting your body from stomach ulcers by enabling mucus production, thereby decreasing the negative effects of acid on the stomach.
3. Melons - Melons are also extremely good for fighting acidity. They have a pH of 6.1 and can be had as whole or as fruit juice. Whether it is watermelons or honeydew, these are refreshing fruits filled with nutrients. Each bite of a watermelon, for instance, contains high levels of Vitamins A, C, and B6, amino acids, antioxidants and lycopene as well as potassium.
4. Mint leaves - Even mint leaves are helpful in slowing down the acid buildup in the stomach while improving digestion. Its cooling effect can help to cut down the pain as well as burning sensation associated with acid reflux.
In addition to having these foods, there are certain home remedies that you can try for fighting acidity:
- It's wise to have your last meal about 2-3 hours before your bedtime to allow time for digestion of the food matter.
- You should always have your meals at regular fixed intervals. Keeping too wide a gap between meals can cause you to suffer from acidity.
- To curb instances of acidity, it's best to avoid spicy foods and caffeinated beverages.
- Having a glass of lukewarm water daily can also help in combating acidity.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 27 year girl. I am very skinny. I have tried everything but unable to get weight my weight is 38kg and I consult doctors also no such tb or thyroid found. Only one thing that i am anemic my hemoglobin is 6.6. No hunger of food and a indigestion always remains sometimes getting motions after having food. please suggest me to gain weight faster. Thank you
I am having acidity problem. how can reduce acidity and also some slight pain the chest does this mean some having heart trouble or is it just because of acidity. thank you.
Hi Doctor, I am 28 years old female. Having lower abdomen pain every time from last 4 months, 12 days prior to menstruation.
I am 54 years old, I have permanent intense headache in a half part for 2 3 days in the interval of a week. It means 2 3 days in a week and when I tak bikasule tab it gone away. One more thing if I press at any point in my body gas passed in the form of burrp, any point. What should I do I don't have any medical history. Please suggest.
I have weak rectum but no prolapse. I can not sit due to pelvic retul pain. On laying the intestine is strained. On standing I feel that intestine is going down. Can it may be treated by pelvic exercises. If surgery is successful in its treatment.
Hi. Suffering from acid refluxes and heart burn for 45 days. PAN D and MOZA mps is giving temp relief. Unable to yawn fully or breathe deeply. Could you suggest please.
I take green tea two times daily. Having problems with my digestive system. Can't add milk as it is allergic to me. Please suggest what to do? My wife also take it with me. As she is pregnant is there any adverse effects to her health.
My brother is suffering from FATTY LIVER problem. What food he can take in his diet? Please give some examples.
I have motions 4-5 times a day. Is it due to over consumption of milk? Doctor found ulcer on my large intestine. Is it harmful or a cause of cancer?
Is there anything to worry. As I am an unmarried girl of 26 and I am suffering from breathing problem and as if something is stuck in throat and is it due gastric or something else.
When I go to the toilet. I get a burning sensation during and for a short time afterwards in my anus. It is very painful. please suggest me any tablet to cure it.
I am 25 years old male unmarried I am having digestion prblm and my stomach getting bigger when ever I had meals. Hos to reduce my stomach please anyone suggest.
When I pass stools the blood is coming with the stools also its very painful while passing stools also there is a slight wound (a small cut) on rectum. And I am having constipation prob from few days.
At the time of a surgical procedure, while making an incision a doctor has to take care of a number of factors before making an incision. Considering a number of factors, different types of incisions have come into fore, such as
- Midline Incision: It’s the commonest incision and is done along the linea alba (fibrous structure running through the mid of the abdomen). These are preferred, especially in diagnostic laparotomy as it permits a wide access to the abdomen.
- Pfannenstiel Incision: It is transverse in nature, extending from the umbilicus to the pubic-symphysis. It is generally employed for abdominal hysterectomy of benign nature and caesarean section.
- Chevron Incision: It is an incision under the rib-cage and is done on the abdomen. It starts from beneath the ribs on the right abdomen and extends till the other mid axillary line. Thus, the entire abdominal width is incised for proper reach into the liver. The incision can be up to 2 feet.
- Kustner Incision: It is transverse in nature and extends from the symphysis pubis till the iliac spine (anterior). This type of incision takes time to perform. A Pfannenstiel incision offers more exposure than a Kustner incision.
- Lanz Incision: It is a variation of the more common mcburney-incision (also known as Gridiron’s incision). It is generally used for open appendectomies. There are quite a few variations for this type of an incision.
- Gridiron’s incision: It is done for appendectomies. It is an oblique short incision which is done in the lower right quadrant in the abdomen.
- Kocher’s Incision: It is oblique in nature, extending from the abdominal upper right quadrant and is generally used for performing an open cholecystectomy. Gallbladder, biliary tract and certain liver operations can be suited for a Kocher’s incision. This however is different from the same named incision used for the thyroid gland surgery.
- Cherney Incision: It is transverse in nature. It allows a great range of exposure for the pelvic sidewall. It is less painful than a midline incision. It allows for the greatest pelvic exposure and hence is a widely preferred and practiced incision. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.