Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Hemali GoguleYour feedback matters!
Planning on getting pregnant can involve taking steps that will help you in having a safe and fulfilling pregnancy and subsequent childbirth. It is important to indulge in preconception planning so as to ensure that you are in the pink of health and ready to go through the process of bearing and birthing a child in the best possible manner. Indulging in this stage is also a way of looking out for your unborn child and ensuring that he or she gets the best conditions during and right after pregnancy. So how can you tell if your body is ready for pregnancy? Here’s a quick list for you!
Type of Birth Control: In the preconception stage, it is important to ask what kind of birth control you have been using. This will make it easier for you to estimate your cycles and know when you will be due for your period once you stop the pill, so that you know roughly when you will be ovulating. Usually, for most birth control pills, the time lag is about two weeks which gives you plenty of time for the menstruation cycle to get back to its normal course.
Vaccinations: You will need to check whether or not all your vaccinations are current and up to date. Before you start trying for conception, it will be best to get these vaccinations done as many of them cannot be taken once you have conceived, due to side effects like fever and more, which cannot be treated with regular allopathic medication once you are pregnant. Remember to specially check about vaccinations for German Measles and Chickenpox, which can prove to be fatal if they strike during pregnancy or the post-natal period, when the immunity of the body dips.
Chronic Medical Conditions: If you have chronic medical conditions like hypertension or diabetes or any other such ailment, then you will need to get your weight, blood pressure, blood sugar level and other such vitals to a normal level before you conceive so that you do not have to deal with the side effects of such medication that can be caused during pregnancy.
Supplements: You may have to change or switch the doses and medicines that you have been taking on a long term basis so as to make way for prenatal vitamins which will also help in preventing neural tube anomalies that can strike the baby if the development of the same does not happen properly in the very first month after conception.
While you are at it, you should also consider talking to your doctor about any family history of birth defects and anomalies to know your risk and chances. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
General Precautions in Swine Flu during Pregnancy
Frequent handwashing is the single most important safety precaution that is suggested.
Flu spreads when virus from an infected person's secretions like sneezing etc spreads in the environment.Occassionaly touching an infected area and then touching your nose/ eyes or mouth may allow the live virus to enter your system. Most of the time this virus gets killed by our body's defences but at times it may survive and cause flu.
Catch it, Bin it and kill it is the magic mantra:
Catch your infected secretions in a tissue/ handkerchief and promptly kill it by putting it in the dustbin and washing your hands with soap.
Hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol content are supposed to kill the virus in 60 seconds.
Keep the hard surfaces/infants toys; clean. Household cleansers should be used liberally as they can reduce the transmission rate.
Finally it is advised that in pregnancy one should avoid contact with sick people.
Use of vaccines
Till date two types of vaccines against swine flu are available.
1) Nasal spray vaccine: This cannot be taken in pregnancy.
2) Injectable vaccine: This is safe in pregnancy and it is strongly recommended that if seasonal swine flu is present then all pregnant women should take the vaccine. Please ask your doctor for more details.
WHO recommends that all pregnant women should be offered the vaccine. This will decrease their chances of contracting the disease and also protect their newborn from swine flu in the neonatal period
This vaccine does not have any serious side effects but may cause mild flu like symptoms upto 48hrs in some people but this is not flu as the vaccine does not have live virus. There may be some redness, soreness,or swelling at the injection site which disappears on its own.
Use of Drugs:
These are used only for close contacts of confirmed positive cases, like people living in the same house as the patient.
The drug (Tamiflu) is safe in pregnancy. Ask your doctor whether you should be taking it in case you are pregnant and any of your family members have been diagnosed with swine flu.
What should I do if I think I have swine flu and I'm pregnant?
You must go to your doctor immediately ;who would check you up and may want to take throat/ nose swabs for confirmation of swine flu. If she thinks you indeed have swine flu, she may start the medicines without waiting for the lab confirmation.
If swine flu is confirmed then you have to take further treatement from dedicated swine flu centers in your area.
In the mean time, stop going to your workplace and avoid unneccesary exposure to people to contain the spread of flu.
If you have a mild disease then you need to take treatment from home. You must avoid exertion and take plenty of fluids by mouth during this time.
If your symptoms are severe then you may require hospital admission to monitor you and your baby.
Can I breastfeed my baby if I have swine flu?
Yes. In fact it has been found that breastfed babies have a stronger immunity against swine flu.
If you have an active flu or you are very sick, you may express breast milk in a bottle and a healthy person can feed the baby.
You need not stop breastfeeding your baby even if you are on treatment for swine flu.
I got my girlfriend accidentally pregnant. And we want to avoid this . Is there any prescribed medicine for that ? It's her 12 th day and she tested positive by a pregnancy testing kit . Thanks.
That delicious grilled chicken in your oven is incomplete without a touch of rosemary in its marination and garnish. Rosemary, one of the most common herbs from the Mediterranean region is famous all over the world for its flavour and taste. It is seen to be complementing every meal that you make. However, there is more to Rosemary than just adding flavour to a dish. It not only adds flavours but also has immense nutritional values. Some of these are explained in details below.
- Strengthens the Immune System: Rosemary has the three-fold health benefits of being an antioxidant, anti – inflammatory agent and anti-carcinogenic. This means that it helps in fighting diseases caused by bacteria and viruses and helps in boosting the immune system. Furthermore, it can be consumed as one of the preventive substances for cancer due to its anti-carcinogenic properties.
- De-stresses an Individual: If you suffer from anxiety disorders or stress disorders, then the aroma of Rosemary itself can act as a stimulator and calm your senses. Rosemary is seen to be a great stress buster. In this age of stress and tension, at times it is necessary to destress yourself and rosemary helps you in doing so. In fact, even in aromatherapy, some of the essential oils have rosemary as an important compound.
- Freshens breath: Rosemary acts as an antibacterial agent. It gives you fresh breath for a long time. All you need to do is soak rosemary stems in warm water and gargle with that water. It would help in destroying all unwanted bacteria inside your mouth and keep you orally fresh for a long time.
- Detoxification of the body: Rosemary has been detected to be diuretic in nature. This would mean that it helps in faster flushing out of toxins and wastes from the body. Furthermore, it has been seen that rosemary helps in the healing of the liver, which is one of the slowest organs to heal.
- Healthy Skin: Rosemary oil has been used as one of the few essential oils used to rejuvenate the skin. But off late, even the leaves are being crushed and made into a paste and used on the skin. This helps in healing any scars or blemishes that the skin might possess. Rosemary is also known for its hydrating properties.
Thus, these are some of the most important benefits of consuming rosemary on a regular basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Had my last monthly period beginning on 5 May and had unprotected sex 18 May but he did not ejaculate in me and took emergency pill 3 hours after the incidence. Now I've not had my period till now and am overdue. Took home pregnancy test on 8 June but came back negative, again on 17 June and still came out negative and the 30 June still negative. Could I be pregnant or is it the pill that has caused change in my cycle. But sometimes I feel some pains at my abdomen through this period like my menses is coming but nothing comes out and the pains do last for like a day. Please what should I do.
My wife is pregnant from 7 weeks and my doctor prescribe a tablet of progesterone sustained release tablets 300 mg what does it mean of tablet.
I had an unprotected sex since 15 days. I have missed my periods 5 days ago. What pills I had to taken to stop pregnancy. Answer me plzz?
A sudden cardiac arrest is not same as a normal heart attack. While a heart attack refers to the blocking of blood flow to the heart, a sudden cardiac arrest refers to when the heart stops beating unexpectedly. Sudden cardiac arrests occur without warning and often this condition is triggered by electrical malfunctioning in the heart that causes arrhythmia. When the heart stops beating, blood cannot be pumped to the brain and other organs and the person loses consciousness. If a patient does not receive immediate treatment, this could be fatal. Hence it is important to know what first aid a person experiencing a sudden cardiac arrest requires.
Do not wait for someone else to help a person experiencing a sudden cardiac arrest. The first few moments after such an experience are critical and hence your decision to help is what could save the person’s life.
Call a Doctor
The first thing to do when you see someone experiencing a cardiac arrest is to call emergency and request an ambulance. If you do not have a phone available, ask someone else to do it.
After a cardiac arrest, it is essential to get the heart to start beating again as soon as possible. CPR or Cardiopulmonary resuscitation can save lives in this situation. If you are trained in this procedure, start with 30 chest compressions before checking the patient’s airway and performing rescue breathing. If you are not trained in CPR, ask the people around if anyone else is.
If no one around can perform CPR, start hands-only CPR. Make the person lie flat on their back and kneel next to their shoulders. Place the heel of one palm in the centre of the person’s chest with the other hand over it. Keep your elbows straight and position your elbows such that they are directly over your hands. Use your upper body weight to push down straight on the person’s chest and release. Try and achieve a rate of 100 compressions a minute. Continue until the person starts breathing again or medical help arrives.
Use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
If an AED is available, place the electrode pads on the person’s chest as shown in the diagrams that come along with the AED. Follow the visual and voice prompts. Do not worry if the AED shocks the patient as this electrical therapy can help restart the heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
She missed her period for 9 days but pregnancy test kit shows negative 2 times within 78 hrs what should I do? She is pregnant or not.
I always get my periods late. Like this time also the dates were of 6th and today its 14th. What is the main reason behind this except stress. And how to treat it?
Hi doc I had unprotected sex on 10th Oct after 2 days of my mensuration period. After that I didn't got my periods for Nov and DEC month. I did pregnancy test 2 times ist time it was positive n 2nd time negative. I don't want to get pregnant can you please help me with that.
Hello Doctor, I'm a 28 years old and I'm planning for Baby and this month period has been started on 6th of aug and stopped on 8th of aug, please suggest me when should I have a sex till how many days and tell me should we have sex daily or alternate days for baby, tell me clearly exact date to till date. Please help me out your answer will be help me so much. Thank you waiting for your earliest reply.
Hi, my wife is pregnant and we are not planning it now. Her date was due on 3 of this month. Please suggest.
When we truly care for ourselves, it becomes possible to care far more profoundly about other people. The more alert and sensitive we are to our own needs, the more loving and generous we can be towards others. ~eda leshan
Most women have been taught since childhood to put their family's needs first. In fact, in our society, one of the main qualities of being feminine is being selfless. Women have not only become comfortable with looking into other family members needs but also perfected the art.
When women are asked to bring themselves back into the picture, it very often feels as if we are asking them to break some rule of womanhood or doing something forbidden. But think about it for a moment, if you do not take the time to nurture yourself and refresh your energy stores, how can you truly care for others?
You wouldn't send your child off to school hungry or send your husband off to office without his lunch tiffin. Yet you are continually pushing yourself past the breaking point and ignoring the fact that there will be negative effects due to the continual denial of your body's needs. Think back to the last time you had a disturbance free breakfast or a relaxed lunch or dinner with your family. The reality is, you have to come first- at least some of the times. This may seem an uncomfortable thought, but think about it this way: only if you can take care of your health, can you take care of others.
Taking care of your health and wellbeing is an essential part of creating a healthy life that you can love. When you make yourself a part of your family equation, you create a healthy balance in your family's health.
Some tips for you to relearn how to take care of your health:
- don't start your day on an empty stomach. At least, have a fruit or a cup of milk within 15 minutes of getting up in the morning. You need the energy to make the breakfast for your family and yourself.
- avoid long gaps in between your main meals. Carry some healthy mini snack with you always in case you are working out of home or are in office.
- avoid finishing your child's left over meals. Over eating like this will not help anyone.
- avoid always being the one to eat the leftover meals. Try to learn to cook a moderate amount so that there is not food left over for the next day.
- try and make a habit of drinking water regularly.
- try to prepare a dish you love at least once a fortnight. It's not always about what your husband or child love to eat. Treat yourself too with the foods you have always eaten as a child.
- eating your meals before at a certain time before your husband does is not a crime. Or at least, eat your meals with your family and not alone after everyone else has finished their meal.
- try and keep regular sleep and exercise timings.
- learn to say 'no' when you can't.
- always ask for help when you need it.
- you are a wife or a mom, not a superwomen or supermom. Learn to be realistic with your expectations of yourself.
- love your body the way it is and don't indulge in mindless 'crash diets'.
- practice and you won't have to preach. Remember your child will learn by observation so if you follow healthy habits your child will do the same as an adult.
- don't feel guilty about being compassionate and kind to yourself.
Remember health is a relationship between you and your body. Nurture this relationship.