Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Hemal ShahYour feedback matters!
I have kidney stone. Size. 5 mm last 2 year still have pain in my stomach. Plzz help taking homeopathy treatment.
Hello doctor I am from gangtok my daughter have problem. We consult Dr. In gurgaon they told that she have Nephrotic syndrome after treatment she is okay but after five months again protein will come out with urine so please sugest what to do we were going Delhi for the problem.
When I go for Urin than I notice two things 1st color is dark yellow and feel very bad small that's why?
I have over urine utilizing problem. How can I control it? Is any medicine for me to salve this problem? How can I control this in my life?
I am 65 yrs old & I am having excess urination problem specially when I go out after passing urine I have to go again for urine after every 15-20 minutes. Some time it is uncontrollable. Even in the night I have to go 2-3 times.
Hello sir, I am 19 years old my question is that When I go for urine after urine is done there remains some drops of urine in the pipe so I have to press the orgasm to discharge remaining urine. Sir please tell me why this happens and prescribe me a proper treatment.
Sir. I have stone of 5mm doctor says that without operation can not relif But I do not like operation. success me any other way plz.
I am 44 years old female and I had kidney problem. I am using medicines since last 1 year. I am not getting no changes. Creatinine- 5.4 Urea - 102 Hb - 11.4 Hypertension - 140/80 What should I do now.
Hello Doctor, My girlfriend is getting blood in urine. We had sexual intercourse 4 days back and thereafter she had an iPill (Contraceptive. What could be the reasons? Do we need to see a doctor? Thanks.
I am 29 year old and unmarried. I am feeling burning sensation at lower abdomen and urinary bladder from past few days. Please tell me what should I do and what precaution should I take.
I am having problem with my urine. My urine is unable to complete. And after urinating again I have feeling of urge of urination.
Dear sir/madam, Just After dinner I going to toilet so please tell me what is this and how to relax for above?
I have 18mm stone in my kidney's. I already removed my gal bladder due to stone problem earlier. Do I need to again go for operation or there is any treatment.
I had donated one of my kidney to my ailing wife 3 months back. I am perfectly all right. I had no problems except my serum creatinine is 1.8. It was 1.9 post surgery. Why it is not coming down. I lost 6 kgs weight basing on doctors advice. How much time it takes to come to normal of creatinine.
I have stones in kidney from nearly three weeks by running its paining in my kidneys how should I get relief?
I am a 19 years old girl. I had sexual intercourse 2 days ago. 30 sec without condom and after that with condom the whole tym. Then I also took a contraceptive pill. My bf did not ejaculate in me. Can I get pregnant? And alsoToday I got urinary tract infection.(blood in urine. Continuous urge of peeing. Burning sensation while peeing) what antibiotics should I take.
My mother has urine problem. She consulted many doctors and had done operation as well but nothing happened. So what should she do now?
Treatment for Kidney stones varies depending on the size and type of the stone or the symptoms caused by it. In case of small stones, medication and simple changes in lifestyle can be enough to treat it, but surgeries and extensive treatments are required if symptoms are severe. Following are treatment options for kidney stones:
Small stones with minimal symptoms:
- Drinking water: Drinking around 3 liters of water a day will regulate your urinary system and can effectively eliminate small stones. Unless your doctor advices otherwise, drinking ample amount of fluids, usually water, is one of the commonest way to get rid of small kidney stones.
- Pain relievers: There might be a considerable amount of pain and discomfort associated with passing the stone through urine. Your doctor may recommend pain killers like Ibuprofen, Naproxen sodium or acetaminophen.
- Medical therapy: In order to eliminate the kidney stone, your doctor may administer medical therapy. Medication like alpha blocker helps in passing the kidney stone with least pain and more quickly. It relaxes the muscles in the ureter and makes the process relatively easy.
Large stones with severe symptoms:
- Using sound waves to break up stones: In this technique, a procedure called Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL), is employed. ESWL uses the help of sound waves to create vibrations which breaks the stones in smaller pieces. This procedure takes about an hour and can cause mild pain and discomfort. Your doctor may administer sedatives to reduce your sensitivity. ESWL has side effects like blood in urine or bruising in the abdomen.
- Surgical removal of kidney stones: Surgical removal of stones is done with the help of a procedure called nephrolithotomy. It uses small telescopes and other instruments which are inserted in your back through a small incision. It is generally done in case of large stones and when ESWL fails.
- Ureteric Calculi (Using a scope to remove stones): A thin illuminated tube called ureteroscope is used to remove a comparatively smaller stone in the kidney or ureter. The ureteroscope is equipped with a tiny camera which determines the location of the stone which is then broken into pieces with the help of other instruments. It may require general or regional anesthesia.
Related Tip: "Kidney Stones and Your Diet"