Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. HEMA S RANEYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 4 yrs. Sometimes while walking or even just sitting. Her head falls like a jerk for a second. Wht to do?
How can I take care of me ,my baby and my hubby? My husband is looking very weak because of job. My baby is used to force for gas but sometime he force but she doesn't pass gas that time her face become red. She is only of 2 month. Is it problem? And I am operated during delivery.
My son is 3 years old son, he doesn't eat anything, we use" Apti must" hungry syrup, but he doesn't eat anything, please give me a best suggestion?
Sir my son age is 12 years his problem is that WHATever he eats then he go immediately to wash room 3/4 time a day (lose motions) all test n CT done of whole abdomen all clear then some Dr. at Lybrate suggest to gv Tiniba 300 at bedtime from last 3dy he feel gud pls tell me till how many days it should be gvng also tell me what is the problem is due to this problem he is not growing properly WHT to do pls help rgds.
My baby is 22 days old. She has difficultly in passing urine and toilet. I had consulted 2 child specialist they said nothing to worry. It's normal. But still is there any remedy? Today she keep on releasing gas frequently and cries while releasing gas.
I have a 4 months old baby girl she sleeps too less during day she hardly sleeps 15-30 mins and during night she sleeps 1 hr and wakes up then sleeps again for around 30 min and wakeup again and then sleeps again after 15-20 mins and continues same thing till morning. She gets proper feed. What can be the reason and solution for this so she can get proper sleep?
Multiple small subcentimetric lymphadenopathy likely to be normal. This is my 2 years old boy usg report. Is it normal?
The pneumococcal vaccines is compulsory? This vaccines are costly , I can not buy. If I not give to my baby . Than it is harmful for her.
Sir my child 07 years old but she never feel hungry I have done lot of test like tv, ultrasound and lot of blood test but only tv direct few we have given 9 month medicine but still she is not eating.
When you have a newborn bundle of joy, no parent would be ready for constant crying bouts from the infant. However, for various reasons, even healthy, well-fed infants can be colicky.
What is it: Although a mystery, a baby is said to be colicky if it cries for more than 3 hours a day for more than 3 days a week for more than 3 weeks at a stretch. The baby is completely healthy, and the symptoms start about 2 to 3 weeks of life in both breast-fed and bottle-fed babies. The baby usually has a red face from crying and could be pulling its legs towards its chest due to the abdominal discomfort.
Causes: Though still not exactly established, some things that are believed to cause colic include:
- The baby's digestive system that is growing and goes through spasms
- Extreme sensitivity to noise and light in the surrounding environment
- Accumulation of gas in the belly that is ingested with the milk (breast or bottles)
- Hormones that are supposedly affecting the baby's moods
Treatment: As there is no specific cause identified, the treatment is also symptomatic and aims at soothing the baby's pain and discomfort.
- Altered feeding: Given that a baby's tummy is very small and is about the size of a fist, it makes sense to feed it small amounts at regular intervals than to give a full feed once in like 4 to 5 hours. The baby is sure to feel full with this and therefore the discomfort. Burping between the feed is also shown to help avoid feeling of fullness. If you are breast feeding, try to not let the baby doze off when feeding.
- Anti-colic bottles: These bottles have a vent inside the bottle which will help reduce the accumulation of gas within the bottle. There are various brands available in the market, these could be a good solution if the baby is even partially bottle-fed.
- Simethicone: This is an anti-flatulent, which again helps eliminate gas bubbles in the stomach and thereby provides relief to the infant. It can be given either by a dropper or a syringe.
- Exercise: Try bending the legs at the knee and holding it towards the baby's stomach, this can help ease the pain.
Remember that this is a very transient thing and usually disappears on its own by the 4th month, and the above measures are only to help the baby and the mother.