Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hema R. Shah
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Hema R. ShahYour feedback matters!
My son is 25 year old he suffering from asthma when there is climate change so please tell me how to cure permanently this diseases. Thank you
List the food item should be given to 10 months baby who is lactose intolerant. He want to be com fat. And healthy.
My 8 months kid (8 kg) is not eating anything. Cerelac, rice, fruits. Etc since last 4 days. She's closing her mouth and crying if we feed forcefully. She is hungry but healthy and not having other issues. Only eating mothers milk and I am worried that its not sufficient for 8 kg baby. Kindly advise and prescribe some medicines or any other ideas she will feel hungry and eat something.
My baby is 2 months old she is struggling while nursing. During nursing she coughing and she doing deep breath for 4 to 5 times after that. What to do doctor for over active letdown.
My baby is 20 days old after feeding her she do not burp what shall I do. I use to tap her bck also still she do not what shall I do becoz she feels vry uncmfrtbl.
Hi, My daughter who is 9 months old has severe cold, suffering from blocked nose. Which is the best medicine for my baby.
My baby 4 days old, and as per child doctor his CRB counts is 22ooo so doctor told baby is blood infected, so please suggest me what we do because last 3 days my baby admitted in NICU. Please guide us because doctor did not told me what is CRB. Please guide me.
My daughter is 10 months old. When she sees the face of any new person she starts crying and it is non stop crying. Whenever she went to anybody's house or any market place also starts crying which is very difficult to stop. Is it normal.
I have a 4 year old son who has been suffering from pneumonia since last year he has also been treated at the hospital and the doctor gave him antibiotics after discharge. I always take him for regular check up and the doctor said that his condition has improved and that there's nothing I should worry about but he always gets recurrent cough and cold and sometimes fever. I'm worried I don't know what else should I do? most of the time he's always on medication. And the doctor said that repeated x ray more than twice a year is not recommended. What else should I do to find out the reason of his condition. Please advise.
All parents expect their child to start going to school, learn writing and learning and do well in academics. However, children with dyslexia may not be able to progress at school at the same pace as others. The good news is that there are early pointers that can help a parent to identify dyslexia in the early stages. This can be helpful in training and support the child socially to learn and socialise normally. Dyslexia is a disability that affects both spoken and written language. They have a different learning style and when supported and encouraged, instead of mocked and insulted, they can become avid readers. The following are common 10 indicators of developing dyslexia in children, in general, and at school.
10 Behavioural signs to watch for in general:
- The child usually has difficulty concentrating and following instructions
- The child is easily distracted, seems to daydream, and tends to forget words.
- Poor personal organisation skills and is not very good at time keeping.
- May get confused between today, tomorrow, yesterday; east and west; right and left; up and down.
- Has difficulty remembering seasons, months and days.
- Tends to be doing something to avoid work.
- Seems distracted, and ‘daydream,’ does not seem to listen
- Requires a lot of effort focusing on things at hand and is constantly tired.
- Slow pace of processing in terms of spoken or written language
- Often appears withdrawn or lost in his own world.
10 Behaviours to watch for at school:
- Poor standard of writing and written work in comparison with oratory skills.
- Poor handwriting with badly formed letters.
- Confused easily between similar looking letters like m/w, n/u, b/d.
- Usually, messes up work by using close but wrong spellings and rewriting the same
- Mixes up words by using similar-looking words – quiet and quite, tired and tried.
- Same word is spelt differently at different times
- Poor motor skills and pencil grip leading to slow, inaccurate writing
- Produces a lot of phonetic spelling which does not change with repeated corrections
- There is difficulty in blending words together, and struggles a lot when asked to read out loud, can miss out or add words that are familiar in between
- Has difficulty connecting the story that is being written or read
As noted, these children have very inconsistent behaviour with very limited understanding of nonverbal communication. If these symptoms go on increasing as they grow, it is advisable to seek professional help so that support can be provided and the condition can be arrested at the early stages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.